So what the fuck do I do? (work bullshit)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2016, 05:52 AM
RE: So what the fuck do I do? (work bullshit)
(15-05-2016 10:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm never gonna be happy in this job and I'm never gonna be happy working for someone else, I wont be happy until I'm doing truly my own thing.
I'm too comfortable where I am, I think I need to give myself a shake up to motivate my lazy ass to do something. Because I know if I turn 25 next month and I'm still on 12 hours a week at this shit job I'm gonna be super fucking depressed with myself.

Lifes too short to be unhappy ya know. And it's too short wasting away doing shit work for average pay (the pays not too bad admittedly) working for 'the man' (because cliche's).

I think quitting is a bad idea, for several reasons.

First, it's easier to find a job if you have a job. A prospective employer would rather hear "I'm looking for a better job." than "I quit because I hated my last job." A prospective employer will also offer less money if you are unemployed.

Second, if you hate the job that much, it will keep you motivated to follow through with your future plans. Which leads to...

Third, you need a plan for the future before you do anything. What do you want to do? Can you do it? Do you have the skills necessary? Do you have the time and money necessary?

Quitting something important sets up a mindset. Each time you quit, it gets easier to quit the next time.

But, all that is just my opinion. Good luck.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post