So, whatever happened to the Tea Party?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2016, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2016 12:26 PM by Full Circle.)
So, whatever happened to the Tea Party?
"The Tea Party movement is pretty much dead now, but it didn’t die a natural death. It was murdered—and it was an inside job. In a half decade, the spontaneous uprising that shook official Washington degenerated into a form of pyramid scheme that transferred tens of millions of dollars from rural, poorer Southerners and Midwesterners to bicoastal political operatives.”

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2...rmedbroker

I read this article with great interest since I don’t recall the last time the Tea Party was mentioned in this election. I wondered what happened. I didn’t realized it had been murdered.

I wonder how many of the poor Southerners and Midwesterners who so rabidly supported the movement with both money and rhetoric have switched over to the Drumpf movement? My sense is that once again they are supporting a dying way of thinking, that of exclusionary politics.

In the end there are always those who will leverage a political or religious movement (and just about anything else) into personal gain. I just dug through dozens of letters on my MIL desk pleading for money. I am pretty disgusted at the sensational and dire tone all these PACs use to prey on the frightened and disinformed, especially the elderly like my 78 year old MIL.

Here is one from the Faith and Freedom Coalition in an attempt to raise 12.3 million dollars. Turned my stomach.

ps here is the F&FC website in the event you want to barf a little.
https://www.ffcoalition.com

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
15-08-2016, 01:15 PM
RE: So, whatever happened to the Tea Party?
Yeesh. Legalized criminal behavior. I could make millions if I had my conscience surgically removed. We had people soliciting for donations after my FIL died, implying that he had been donating to them before his death. When my wife fielded those phone calls she made them crawl back under their slimy rocks with some well-chosen words (not swearing, either).
15-08-2016, 01:19 PM
(15-08-2016 01:15 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Yeesh. Legalized criminal behavior. I could make millions if I had my conscience surgically removed. We had people soliciting for donations after my FIL died, implying that he had been donating to them before his death. When my wife fielded those phone calls she made them crawl back under their slimy rocks with some well-chosen words (not swearing, either).

Good for her. All the organizations asking for money have incredibly patriotic names and prey on the emotions and fears of the populace.

A few I have vetted and left on her desk like the Wounded Warrior Project but nearly all others I accidentally *cough* trashed. Angel

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
15-08-2016, 01:35 PM
I wondered where the tea Party went years ago.

And it seemed odd somehow the tea party thought occupy wallstreet was a bunch of spoiled kids when it was the same complaints of the initial tea party movement that sprung out of the bank bailouts happening in 08. It was the same points of complaints but the tea party was co-opted into somehow a full winded conservative status.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
15-08-2016, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I think they've evolved into Trumpatistas, mostly.
15-08-2016, 01:51 PM
It was just like the Michigan Militia....

The media made it into a bigger thing - than it ever really was..

It didn't really go away - it just started getting the attention it deserved.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-08-2016, 02:07 PM
(15-08-2016 01:19 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 01:15 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Yeesh. Legalized criminal behavior. I could make millions if I had my conscience surgically removed. We had people soliciting for donations after my FIL died, implying that he had been donating to them before his death. When my wife fielded those phone calls she made them crawl back under their slimy rocks with some well-chosen words (not swearing, either).

Good for her. All the organizations asking for money have incredibly patriotic names and prey on the emotions and fears of the populace.

A few I have vetted and left on her desk like the Wounded Warrior Project but nearly all others I accidentally *cough* trashed. Angel

Big Grin I always go out the side door to the street to get the mail. The trash and recycle bins are outside that door, and anything that solicits money from my MIL makes it no further. She has Alzheimer's and mild dementia. We (well, really, my wife) handle her affairs now. She'd get foxed out of money pretty easily, I think.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post