So, whats your favourite mythological story?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2014, 11:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 12:07 AM by Raptor Jesus.)
RE: So, whats your favourite mythological story?
Finn McCool

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
09-04-2014, 05:30 PM
One story that kinda weirded me out was Cronus eating his babies. Kinda odd...

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.

-Christopher Hitchens
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-04-2014, 05:56 PM
(09-04-2014 05:30 PM)Just Another Atheist Wrote:  One story that kinda weirded me out was Cronus eating his babies. Kinda odd...

World's first atheist.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
09-04-2014, 06:01 PM
Sisyphus.

Reminds me of when I was working.[/quote]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
09-04-2014, 06:08 PM
(08-04-2014 10:31 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Spiderman!

[Image: BRbolpN.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
09-04-2014, 06:28 PM
(09-04-2014 05:30 PM)Just Another Atheist Wrote:  One story that kinda weirded me out was Cronus eating his babies. Kinda odd...

How Aphrodite was created is even more weird.

My favorite mythological story is Journey to the West (西游记, 1592). It's about a stone monkey who achieves immortality, magical powers, and supreme martial arts via Daoist practices, rebels against heaven, and later repents his misdeeds by serving as the body guard of a monk going to receive Buddhist scriptures from India. He battles all sorts of monsters, demons, and rogue gods. The story was the basis for the Dragon Ball franchise. Son Goku is a re-imagining of the main character Sun Wukong, both of which are spelled with the same ideograms, 孙悟空。

Here is a PowerPoint on the subject that I created for a class.

http://www.slideshare.net/ghostexorcist/...pp-7108861
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Postpartum preservation of identity is a bullshit promise and we all know it. Dualism is unetnable bullshit.

#sigh
09-04-2014, 11:01 PM
The Maori legend of how New Zealand came to be is... interesting.

The legend goes, What's His Face and What's His Face's Brother were fishing in their canoe (which is the South Island). When What's His Face fished up a huge fish, the North Island. What's His Face's brother was jealous or something and started beating the fish (North Island) with his club thing which is how we got all the mountains and rivers.
Stewart Island is the whale bone hook he used to catch the North Island.

There's also one about a bunch of Maori using flax rope to catch the sun because it was out of control or something and so they made the sun become the day and nights.

Something like that anyway. Maori culture time coincided with my sleep time during school.

[Image: oscar.png]
09-04-2014, 11:04 PM
(09-04-2014 11:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The Maori legend of how New Zealand came to be is... interesting.

The legend goes, What's His Face and What's His Face's Brother were fishing in their canoe (which is the South Island). When What's His Face fished up a huge fish, the North Island. What's His Face's brother was jealous or something and started beating the fish (North Island) with his club thing which is how we got all the mountains and rivers.
Stewart Island is the whale bone hook he used to catch the North Island.

There's also one about a bunch of Maori using flax rope to catch the sun because it was out of control or something and so they made the sun become the day and nights.

Something like that anyway. Maori culture time coincided with my sleep time during school.

That's a sub par post for a guy who bitches about the differences between a dragon and a wyvern Sleepy

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
09-04-2014, 11:06 PM
(09-04-2014 06:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Postpartum preservation of identity is a bullshit promise and we all know it. Dualism is unetnable bullshit.

Postmortem.

I'm pretty sure my mom is the same person she was before I was born.

Yes

... this is my signature!