So which is more a threat to liberty?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2012, 05:31 PM
So which is more a threat to liberty?
A gun control bill or FISA?

Wile the gun debate rages in this country, most of us were unaware that The Foreign Intellignce Surveillance Act (FISA) passed both the House and Senate recently, supported by nearly all Republicans and most Democrats. The Bill, intended to give the federal government more powers in foreign surveillance operations also has provisions for expanded spying on its citizens, more specifically on digital communications. You know that computer or tablet you're reading this on? Well, thanks to the Internet and FISA they now have free, warrantless access to your information.

President Obama is expected to sign this legislation soon.

So again I ask, which is scarier? An AR-15 or Big Brother reading your communications and invading your privacy.

You'd better pick the first one, Citizen 214500789!

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2012/1...rency?lite

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
30-12-2012, 08:51 PM
RE: So which is more a threat to liberty?
hmmm, a cabal of bureaucrats who can't get their own paperwork straight, even when not hiding in a bathroom stall with a glory hole, or my neighbor Jethro on a bender, locked and loaded? Yeah, I think I know who I'm more afraid of.
30-12-2012, 08:59 PM
(30-12-2012 08:51 PM)otakursed Wrote:  hmmm, a cabal of bureaucrats who can't get their own paperwork straight, even when not hiding in a bathroom stall with a glory hole, or my neighbor Jethro on a bender, locked and loaded? Yeah, I think I know who I'm more afraid of.

They are counting on short-sighted people. There seem to be a lot of them. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-12-2012, 09:05 PM
I'd say getting murdered at age 8 while at school is a pretty big threat to personal liberty, you know because you have none when you're dead.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
31-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Well, my AR-15's never killed anyone, and if someone in the FBI or CIA wants to tap into my webcam so they can watch me jerk off...well, I'm used to that. Wink

Neither, honestly. So long as I can keep my rifle, they can watch me pleasure myself all they want.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
31-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Id say both.

Although to some degree I have given up caring anymore. I am quite prepared to grow up in some semi 1984 state into our futures as I see nothing else but that happening. I see little resistance.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
31-12-2012, 10:36 AM
(31-12-2012 10:34 AM)bemore Wrote:  Id say both.

Although to some degree I have given up caring anymore. I am quite prepared to grow up in some semi 1984 state into our futures as I see nothing else but that happening. I see little resistance.
Unfortunately, we're all too distracted by our iPads and Twitter pages. I mean sure, we'll rant and rave and tweet about how the "gu'mment's taking over!" but we wont actually do anything about it. Dodgy

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
31-12-2012, 07:54 PM
(31-12-2012 09:39 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Well, my AR-15's never killed anyone, and if someone in the FBI or CIA wants to tap into my webcam so they can watch me jerk off...well, I'm used to that. Wink

Neither, honestly. So long as I can keep my rifle, they can watch me pleasure myself all they want.
I better receive $2.99 per minute that they are watching me! Drooling
[+] 2 users Like Jeff Dempsey's post
31-12-2012, 11:40 PM
(31-12-2012 10:36 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(31-12-2012 10:34 AM)bemore Wrote:  Id say both.

Unfortunately, we're all too distracted by our iPads and Twitter pages. I mean sure, we'll rant and rave and tweet about how the "gu'mment's taking over!" but we wont actually do anything about it. Dodgy

We just missed a golden opportunity TO DO something.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclamation Big Tornado Threat Charis 32 363 28-04-2014 09:25 AM
Last Post: JDog554
  Threat to out me from FZUMedia via messages Anjele 268 8,372 29-12-2012 03:42 PM
Last Post: Momsurroundedbyboys