So.....who loves capitalism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2012, 09:14 PM
So.....who loves capitalism?
http://www.statisticbrain.com/world-hunger-statistics/

15 million kids die of malnutrition, which means that good ole capitalism would rather have money diverted to making boner pills, hair loss pills, sex toys and weapons.

Anywho, is capitalism a success or a failure as an economic system?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2012, 09:20 PM
RE: So.....who loves capitalism?
It's the most successful failure we have

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 12 users Like nach_in's post
15-11-2012, 09:22 PM
People make that decision, dumbass. I suppose you'd rather wank off to conspiracy theories all day rather than donating years of your life to those who are in need.

Hypocrisy aside, what I said is true. The system simply allows consumers to really run the economy. Supply and demand. If there is a demand for said... luxuries...? Then yes, capitalism does work. I love it when it is properly regulated. Like a mixed economy, and I am sure you know what that means. The government needs to take care in regulating it. Bum bum bum.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
15-11-2012, 09:27 PM
I don't like it.

It always make me think that people are SHOUTING AT ME!

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
15-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Capitalism (like any government at this point) is great on paper but when placed in effects, it turns nasty. Humans are just generally greedy people and Capitalism feeds that behavior. If we were not so greedy, then we would not have such problems.
15-11-2012, 10:06 PM
I don't like it, but I sure as shit sumo the fuck out of it to my advantage. ... I'd be an idiot not to.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
15-11-2012, 10:26 PM
(15-11-2012 09:22 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  People make that decision, dumbass. I suppose you'd rather wank off to conspiracy theories all day rather than donating years of your life to those who are in need.

Hypocrisy aside, what I said is true. The system simply allows consumers to really run the economy. Supply and demand. If there is a demand for said... luxuries...? Then yes, capitalism does work. I love it when it is properly regulated. Like a mixed economy, and I am sure you know what that means. The government needs to take care in regulating it. Bum bum bum.
Your comment "people make that decision" implies that living conditions are chosen by individuals. This isn't true at all, many things in an individuals life are outside of their control as individuals. An individual in 2012 working in mines mining for minerals didn't choose the decisions of corporations to influence governments, pay low wages etc etc.

Ah yes, but you say "but they don't have to live like that" well see sherlock, when a nation or group of people has said to the world "go fuck yourself with your corporations, then they get invaded, sanctioned, bombed, overthrown etc etc etc.

There are consequences in challenging the corporate status quo.

MMMM capitalism gotta love it.
15-11-2012, 11:53 PM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2012 12:01 AM by earmuffs.)
Again, what's your point?

It's like you're constantly surprised as to how the world works.
Are you some teenager who has lived an extremely sheltered life and has recently discovered the news and/or internet??

I mean seriously, government funding enemies of their enemies, people would rather spend money on boner pills then feed the poor etc.. etc.. why are you constantly surprised by these things??

This is the west, this is the age we live in.
We live in an age of convince, we want everything yesterday. Fast food, fast cars, fast women everything now now now now.
We're all slaves to consumerism. We want the bigger TVs, the faster computers, the next Call Of Duty.

Bigger, better, faster, sooner.

And as for hungry children, these things don't concern us because they don't effect us.
Buying a new TV effects me, I will then have a bigger TV. Sending that $1,000 overseas to buy food for some African baby doesn't effect me. I don't get that food, hell I don't even KNOW that child.
This is just who we are.
We're more interested in Brad and Angelina because they live the life we want. Sex scandals, who's divorcing who etc... all more relevant to our lives because we look up to these people as people we want to be, effectively we (note: when I say "we" I mean society in general. Personal I can't stand celebrity gossip) live our lives through them. It's like they're our BFF.
Some politician or diplomat or whatever in Whateverstan isn't our BFF, they're not famous, they don't even live in a Western country, we don't want to be them and so why the fuck should we care about them when it doesn't effect us.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 9 users Like earmuffs's post
16-11-2012, 12:19 AM
(15-11-2012 11:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Again, what's your point?

Are you some teenager who has lived an extremely sheltered life and has recently discovered the news and/or internet??

I mean seriously, government funding enemies of their enemies, people would rather spend money on boner pills then feed the poor etc.. etc.. why are you constantly surprised by these things??

We live in an age of convince, we want everything yesterday. Fast food, fast cars, fast women everything now now now now.
We're all slaves to consumerism. We want the bigger TVs, the faster computers, the next Call Of Duty.

And as for hungry children, these things don't concern us because they don't effect us.
Buying a new TV effects me, I will then have a bigger TV. Sending that $1,000 overseas to buy food for some African baby doesn't effect me. I don't get that food, hell I don't even KNOW that child.
This is just who we are.
We're more interested in Brad and Angelina because they live the life we want. Sex scandals, who's divorcing who etc... all more relevant to our lives because we look up to these people as people we want to be, effectively we (note: when I say "we" I mean society in general. Personal I can't stand celebrity gossip) live our lives through them. It's like they're our BFF.
Some politician or diplomat or whatever in Whateverstan isn't our BFF, they're not famous, they don't even live in a Western country, we don't want to be them and so why the fuck should we care about them when it doesn't effect us.
who is surprised?

does talking about capitalism anger you in some way?
16-11-2012, 12:24 AM
(16-11-2012 12:19 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(15-11-2012 11:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Again, what's your point?

This is just who we are.
who is surprised?

does talking about capitalism anger you in some way?
talking about capitalism anger me??
Lolwut??

Did you even read my post?

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Thong's made by prison labor. Capitalism gets sexy. I and I 22 769 23-09-2013 06:37 AM
Last Post: Chas
  Is Capitalism an economic system or a political system? I and I 39 1,337 30-12-2012 07:48 AM
Last Post: yongkykun
  Capitalism...but a different topic I and I 3 322 06-12-2012 08:30 AM
Last Post: Logica Humano
  Israel/Capitalism and good ole blood diamonds I and I 32 1,299 05-12-2012 04:57 PM
Last Post: Loggur
  Limited capitalism: a "you're too rich" cap on income Buddy Christ 154 7,031 03-04-2012 11:32 AM
Last Post: germanyt
  proof why fake capitalism doesnt work satan69 1 492 15-03-2012 07:48 AM
Last Post: germanyt
  I was a Gangster for Capitalism GirlyMan 8 630 14-01-2012 11:46 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan