So.....who loves capitalism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2012, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2012 11:45 PM by Diablo.)
RE: So.....who loves capitalism?
(03-12-2012 11:22 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-12-2012 10:53 PM)I and I Wrote:  Millions of people dying every year under capitalist regimes means nothing to you, why are you only worried about people starving in a communist system? Oh yeah that's right, because you are a hypocrite and don't hold the same standards for capitalism as you do for communism.
No, you idiot. Just that if people starve under both capitalism and communism, how can you then say communism is better ? If you want people to change the whole system they live by, you need a better reason than just slogans.
I am not even sure if this is true or just another media bashing of china, but even if it were it is important to note they are the oldest existing civilization on earth and have a population of over 1.3 billion. So its not easy to make such an analogy, as you are ignoring a host of other factors.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2012, 03:00 AM
(03-12-2012 11:42 PM)Diablo Wrote:  
(03-12-2012 11:22 PM)morondog Wrote:  No, you idiot. Just that if people starve under both capitalism and communism, how can you then say communism is better ? If you want people to change the whole system they live by, you need a better reason than just slogans.
I am not even sure if this is true or just another media bashing of china, but even if it were it is important to note they are the oldest existing civilization on earth and have a population of over 1.3 billion. So its not easy to make such an analogy, as you are ignoring a host of other factors.

I & I's Statement: Communism is better because under capitalism people starve.
Styrofoam02: But in China (communist) people are starving.

It's a counter-example. (Assuming that it is true that in China people are starving.)
04-12-2012, 03:32 AM
(04-12-2012 03:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-12-2012 11:42 PM)Diablo Wrote:  I am not even sure if this is true or just another media bashing of china, but even if it were it is important to note they are the oldest existing civilization on earth and have a population of over 1.3 billion. So its not easy to make such an analogy, as you are ignoring a host of other factors.

I & I's Statement: Communism is better because under capitalism people starve.
Styrofoam02: But in China (communist) people are starving.

It's a counter-example. (Assuming that it is true that in China people are starving.)

Also assuming it is true that China is Communist.
Looks like an authoritarian regime directing a capitalist economy to me.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-12-2012, 03:33 AM
I was referring to starving people under capitalism because earlier the 1950's anti-communist ads on this forum were saying that people starve in a communist system. The statement about people starving in a communist system implies that one is against a system where people starve so I bring up the millions of people starving under capitalism to imply a question whether they are or are not against an economic system where so many people starve.

I doubt that people in China being poor or starving in is more in percentage than any other country that is capitalist.

And how we define poor in the U.S. is different. Example: People who work in factories making clothes or products for the west in chinese factories get free room and board, health insurance and mostly free food provided by the chinese government. So their wages are low to our standards because we don't have those things provided for us by our government, hence their wages are enough to cover the cost of what they need after all those things are already provided.
04-12-2012, 04:39 AM
(04-12-2012 03:33 AM)I and I Wrote:  I was referring to starving people under capitalism because earlier the 1950's anti-communist ads on this forum were saying that people starve in a communist system. The statement about people starving in a communist system implies that one is against a system where people starve so I bring up the millions of people starving under capitalism to imply a question whether they are or are not against an economic system where so many people starve.

I doubt that people in China being poor or starving in is more in percentage than any other country that is capitalist.

And how we define poor in the U.S. is different. Example: People who work in factories making clothes or products for the west in chinese factories get free room and board, health insurance and mostly free food provided by the chinese government. So their wages are low to our standards because we don't have those things provided for us by our government, hence their wages are enough to cover the cost of what they need after all those things are already provided.
Smile And now you're beginning to make sense to me. See, you *explained* what's so great about the Chinese system. You didn't just accuse everyone of being evil capitalist bastards who wanted people to starve. This is what I've been bashing away at you for - a comparison between the systems and reasons why the one you like is better.

How are these people's choices? Can they decide they want to be a robotics engineer all of a sudden ? Can they decide to take the year of 2015 off to go cycle in Europe or the US ? Because the other criticism which is *always* leveled at communist governments is that they're authoritarian.
04-12-2012, 04:43 AM
(04-12-2012 04:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 03:33 AM)I and I Wrote:  I was referring to starving people under capitalism because earlier the 1950's anti-communist ads on this forum were saying that people starve in a communist system. The statement about people starving in a communist system implies that one is against a system where people starve so I bring up the millions of people starving under capitalism to imply a question whether they are or are not against an economic system where so many people starve.

Smile And now you're beginning to make sense to me. See, you *explained* what's so great about the Chinese system. You didn't just accuse everyone of being evil capitalist bastards who wanted people to starve. This is what I've been bashing away at you for - a comparison between the systems and reasons why the one you like is better.

How are these people's choices? Can they decide they want to be a robotics engineer all of a sudden ? Can they decide to take the year of 2015 off to go cycle in Europe or the US ? Because the other criticism which is *always* leveled at communist governments is that they're authoritarian.
Now that you bring the concept of choice to this thread, I just posted a video here that deals with that and I think it fits perfectly here Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
04-12-2012, 05:44 AM
So when are you gonna answer my questions I&I?

You too busy picking your bum or something?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
04-12-2012, 05:56 AM
I'm on fire today with the videos Big Grin

This guy makes sense actually:

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
04-12-2012, 06:49 AM
(04-12-2012 05:56 AM)nach_in Wrote:  I'm on fire today with the videos Big Grin

I have read all of that guys books, I am reading his newest one right now.

Slavoj Zizek is a good ole communist also...

Drinking Beverage
04-12-2012, 07:10 AM
(04-12-2012 06:49 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 05:56 AM)nach_in Wrote:  I'm on fire today with the videos Big Grin

I have read all of that guys books, I am reading his newest one right now.

Slavoj Zizek is a good ole communist also...

Drinking Beverage
Cool story bro.

I couldn't help but notice you still haven't answered my questions though.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.