So.....who loves capitalism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2012, 03:09 AM
RE: So.....who loves capitalism?
(05-12-2012 02:13 AM)I and I Wrote:  The problem is, most people know nothing of Communism but what they are told. Here is an example: Most people believe that in communist countries there aren't any elections for people to choose their leaders, this is total bullshit, there have been several elected marxists that were overthrown by the U.S. and all communist countries have elections to choose various kinds of leaders for various positions.
[/quote]

"Most people are not informed on communism and have misguided opinions of it, so in order to educate them I will act like the twit I accuse them of being and then get all huffy when they correctly tell me I'm not making sense."

Good strategy right there.

As T Sauce and several others asked repeatedly, including me, explain *your* ideas then, if we are so misguided. Guide us, O great Leader.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2012, 03:18 AM
(05-12-2012 03:09 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-12-2012 02:13 AM)I and I Wrote:  The problem is, most people know nothing of Communism but what they are told. Here is an example: Most people believe that in communist countries there aren't any elections for people to choose their leaders, this is total bullshit, there have been several elected marxists that were overthrown by the U.S. and all communist countries have elections to choose various kinds of leaders for various positions.

"Most people are not informed on communism and have misguided opinions of it, so in order to educate them I will act like the twit I accuse them of being and then get all huffy when they correctly tell me I'm not making sense."

Good strategy right there.

As T Sauce and several others asked repeatedly, including me, explain *your* ideas then, if we are so misguided. Guide us, O great Leader.

I only get "huffy" when people are assholes to me first. If you don't want me to talk shit, then don't talk shit to me. And really why would I care if a group of assholes understands what I am trying to say? If I attempt to explain something, then a group of people are assholes, why would I give a fuck what they think?
05-12-2012, 04:58 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2012 05:08 AM by earmuffs.)
THEN LEAVE!

fun fact: It's people like you that make me pro-choice. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
05-12-2012, 05:51 AM
(04-12-2012 11:09 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 08:57 PM)nach_in Wrote:  That's why I posted that Zizek video earlier, that I'm fairly confident nobody of you saw. It's not that easy to postulate an edulcorated alternative to our current system. This fantastic search for the perfect formula that will save us from all the evils of capitalism but without threatening our current way of life is absurd, you're asking (we all are actually) for a revolution without a revolution, and that's just silly [/endminirant]
I can't watch vids at the moment Drinking Beverage

I disagree though. The way to 'save ourselves from the evils of capitalism' isn't to sweep the board clean and start from 0 again, it's to tweak the current system we have to mitigate the evils that we can see, without throwing away the *good* bits. By doing it gradually and trying different things to see what works we avoid the risk associated with revolution.
I understand that, and I like that idea also, but don't you think that it doesn't really work a lot? look at all the obamacare debacle, I'm not all that informed about the topic, but as far as I know it is a relatively good tweak to fix some issues.
A lot of people reacted badly to it, people react really bad to any kind of change.

We're getting lazy about ourselves, and we tend to think too much of what the law of our ancestors says (call it founding fathers, constitution, or whatever) instead of focusing on the situations at hand and how to fix them.

Personally I don't like communism because it's and old idea, old solution rarely solve new problems, capitalism didn't provide all it promised, communism won't do it either. We just need to find the courage to make new things.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
05-12-2012, 05:54 AM
(05-12-2012 05:51 AM)nach_in Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 11:09 PM)morondog Wrote:  I can't watch vids at the moment Drinking Beverage

I disagree though. The way to 'save ourselves from the evils of capitalism' isn't to sweep the board clean and start from 0 again, it's to tweak the current system we have to mitigate the evils that we can see, without throwing away the *good* bits. By doing it gradually and trying different things to see what works we avoid the risk associated with revolution.
I understand that, and I like that idea also, but don't you think that it doesn't really work a lot? look at all the obamacare debacle, I'm not all that informed about the topic, but as far as I know it is a relatively good tweak to fix some issues.
A lot of people reacted badly to it, people react really bad to any kind of change.

We're getting lazy about ourselves, and we tend to think too much of what the law of our ancestors says (call it founding fathers, constitution, or whatever) instead of focusing on the situations at hand and how to fix them.

Personally I don't like communism because it's and old idea, old solution rarely solve new problems, capitalism didn't provide all it promised, communism won't do it either. We just need to find the courage to make new things.
You know that Zizek is a communist right? He too proposes communism as the answer to todays capitalism but not the old methods of implementing communism. He grew up in former Yugoslavia and knows what worked and didn't work when it came to communism.
05-12-2012, 06:00 AM
I couldn't help but notice you're still here.

Go away.

05-12-2012, 06:05 AM
(05-12-2012 06:00 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I couldn't help but notice you're still here.

Go away.
I couldn't help but notice you are still a fucking idiot who believes capitalism is a free market.
05-12-2012, 06:07 AM
(05-12-2012 03:18 AM)I and I Wrote:  I only get "huffy" when people are assholes to me first. If you don't want me to talk shit, then don't talk shit to me. And really why would I care if a group of assholes understands what I am trying to say? If I attempt to explain something, then a group of people are assholes, why would I give a fuck what they think?
You made no attempt.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-12-2012, 06:08 AM
(05-12-2012 06:05 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(05-12-2012 06:00 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I couldn't help but notice you're still here.

Go away.
I couldn't help but notice you are still a fucking idiot who believes capitalism is a free market.
shoo

05-12-2012, 06:15 AM
(05-12-2012 05:54 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(05-12-2012 05:51 AM)nach_in Wrote:  I understand that, and I like that idea also, but don't you think that it doesn't really work a lot? look at all the obamacare debacle, I'm not all that informed about the topic, but as far as I know it is a relatively good tweak to fix some issues.

You know that Zizek is a communist right? He too proposes communism as the answer to todays capitalism but not the old methods of implementing communism. He grew up in former Yugoslavia and knows what worked and didn't work when it came to communism.
Yes, I do realize all of that, and I really don't care about what he thinks is the best solution (that would be an appeal to authority fallacy), he doesn't like his ideas to be taken as formulas to solve problems, he just likes to reinterpret current problems to find new ways of understanding them.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]