So.....who loves capitalism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2012, 02:50 PM
RE: So.....who loves capitalism?
(13-12-2012 07:55 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 07:33 AM)Chas Wrote:  And Brazil is not the other one. Drinking Beverage
It certainly is not.
Brazil is growing rapidly due to globalization and foreign markets.
I believe they one of few countries that can accommodate the next generation ultra-huge (actual name if I am not mistaken, something like that anyway) ore carrier ships. Including the Berge Stahl I believe, which is or was at one point the largest ship in the world (so big it takes a week to empty it's hull and they actually lower loaders into it's hull to get into the corners it's so fucking big). So that they can export their huge mineral wealth.
edit: Looked it up, yip Brazil has 1 of two ports in the world that can accommodate a ship that big. And there is an even bigger ship the Vale Brasil (in case you are wondering it's over 1,100 feet long and can carry 400,000 tons of mineral ore. This thing is seriously fucking big, even bigger then the new Chinamax ships.)which is actually owned by the Brazilians (the Stahl is owned by the Singaporeans).

And I'm rambling again aren't I? Sorry, I want to own a shipping company, sort of a passion, big ships.
You talk about ships a lot, you must love seamen.....

Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2012, 03:31 PM
(13-12-2012 02:49 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(12-12-2012 08:20 PM)nach_in Wrote:  One of the most fundamental tenets of communism is having the property of the means of production in the hands of the government (as far as I understand it), that doesn't happen in Brazil.

It's not a extreme capitalism, but is capitalism
Actually the people own and profit off of the means of production and the function of the government is to make sure it stays that way in a fair and balanced manner.

The governments of Brazil and other latin american companies are making sure that the profits from that country benefit the people.
Now you're just changing the definition of communism to fit your arguments! Weeping

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
13-12-2012, 03:54 PM
(13-12-2012 03:31 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 02:49 PM)I and I Wrote:  Actually the people own and profit off of the means of production and the function of the government is to make sure it stays that way in a fair and balanced manner.

The governments of Brazil and other latin american companies are making sure that the profits from that country benefit the people.
Now you're just changing the definition of communism to fit your arguments! Weeping
Now you haven't even read any Marx or Lenin, no communist writer as far as I know has ever said that the government should own the means of production as a way of implementing communism.

Which definition of communism are you referring to? I hope it's not one of those un-trusted internet sources that gives definitions that I am not allowed to use.... Rolleyes
13-12-2012, 04:05 PM
(13-12-2012 03:54 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 03:31 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Now you're just changing the definition of communism to fit your arguments! Weeping
Now you haven't even read any Marx or Lenin, no communist writer as far as I know has ever said that the government should own the means of production as a way of implementing communism.

Which definition of communism are you referring to? I hope it's not one of those un-trusted internet sources that gives definitions that I am not allowed to use.... Rolleyes
I'm no academic on the topic so I just talk from what I learned in university (which isn't much given that I don't study economics). So I may be wrong there... in any case, as I said before, every economy in the world is a mixed economy, even Cuba has some "free market" stuff going (specially with tourism).

You, or anyone for that matter, will fail to classify any country in communist or capitalist categories, both are too extreme to be viable in any real situation.

there're more than 50 shades of grey in the world economy you know?

I'm proud of that reference btw

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
13-12-2012, 10:01 PM
(13-12-2012 02:50 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 07:55 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  It certainly is not.
Brazil is growing rapidly due to globalization and foreign markets.
I believe they one of few countries that can accommodate the next generation ultra-huge (actual name if I am not mistaken, something like that anyway) ore carrier ships. Including the Berge Stahl I believe, which is or was at one point the largest ship in the world (so big it takes a week to empty it's hull and they actually lower loaders into it's hull to get into the corners it's so fucking big). So that they can export their huge mineral wealth.
edit: Looked it up, yip Brazil has 1 of two ports in the world that can accommodate a ship that big. And there is an even bigger ship the Vale Brasil (in case you are wondering it's over 1,100 feet long and can carry 400,000 tons of mineral ore. This thing is seriously fucking big, even bigger then the new Chinamax ships.)which is actually owned by the Brazilians (the Stahl is owned by the Singaporeans).

And I'm rambling again aren't I? Sorry, I want to own a shipping company, sort of a passion, big ships.
You talk about ships a lot, you must love seamen.....

Drinking Beverage
Not really, I couldn't care less who operates the ships, I just like the ships themselves.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
14-12-2012, 08:49 AM
(13-12-2012 10:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 02:50 PM)I and I Wrote:  You talk about ships a lot, you must love seamen.....

Drinking Beverage
Not really, I couldn't care less who operates the ships, I just like the ships themselves.
the phrase "you must love seamen" is better heard than read....

Drinking Beverage
14-12-2012, 09:54 AM
(14-12-2012 08:49 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 10:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Not really, I couldn't care less who operates the ships, I just like the ships themselves.
the phrase "you must love seamen" is better heard than read....

Drinking Beverage
I would agree, I'm not much of a reader, I prefer my information in audiovisual form.
But unless you are willing to make a video for every single one of your posts simply for my benefit then we are sadly stuck with things being written.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
24-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Yeah.... capitalism is evil. Yet many anti-capitalists in society still use smartphones, the Internet, and numerous other things that wouldn't exist without the profit motive.
24-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Not me.

Cool story, bro. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-12-2012, 02:31 PM
(24-12-2012 08:00 AM)namiloveyou Wrote:  Yeah.... capitalism is evil. Yet many anti-capitalists in society still use smartphones, the Internet, and numerous other things that wouldn't exist without the profit motive.
So the internet wouldn't have been invented without capitalism? And how the fuck do you know this???

Drinking Beverage

you talk as if the internet is some necessity in life that has made life better for people.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Thong's made by prison labor. Capitalism gets sexy. I and I 22 769 23-09-2013 06:37 AM
Last Post: Chas
  Is Capitalism an economic system or a political system? I and I 39 1,338 30-12-2012 07:48 AM
Last Post: yongkykun
  Capitalism...but a different topic I and I 3 322 06-12-2012 08:30 AM
Last Post: Logica Humano
  Israel/Capitalism and good ole blood diamonds I and I 32 1,299 05-12-2012 04:57 PM
Last Post: Loggur
  Limited capitalism: a "you're too rich" cap on income Buddy Christ 154 7,031 03-04-2012 11:32 AM
Last Post: germanyt
  proof why fake capitalism doesnt work satan69 1 492 15-03-2012 07:48 AM
Last Post: germanyt
  I was a Gangster for Capitalism GirlyMan 8 631 14-01-2012 11:46 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan