So.....who loves capitalism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2012, 03:56 AM
RE: So.....who loves capitalism?
(15-11-2012 10:26 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(15-11-2012 09:22 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  People make that decision, dumbass. I suppose you'd rather wank off to conspiracy theories all day rather than donating years of your life to those who are in need.

Hypocrisy aside, what I said is true. The system simply allows consumers to really run the economy. Supply and demand. If there is a demand for said... luxuries...? Then yes, capitalism does work. I love it when it is properly regulated. Like a mixed economy, and I am sure you know what that means. The government needs to take care in regulating it. Bum bum bum.
Your comment "people make that decision" implies that living conditions are chosen by individuals. This isn't true at all, many things in an individuals life are outside of their control as individuals. An individual in 2012 working in mines mining for minerals didn't choose the decisions of corporations to influence governments, pay low wages etc etc.

Ah yes, but you say "but they don't have to live like that" well see sherlock, when a nation or group of people has said to the world "go fuck yourself with your corporations, then they get invaded, sanctioned, bombed, overthrown etc etc etc.

There are consequences in challenging the corporate status quo.

MMMM capitalism gotta love it.
What did you get your degree in? You really lack any basic knowledge of the Gilded Age.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
16-11-2012, 04:06 AM
(16-11-2012 03:56 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(15-11-2012 10:26 PM)I and I Wrote:  Your comment "people make that decision" implies that living conditions are chosen by individuals. This isn't true at all, many things in an individuals life are outside of their control as individuals. An individual in 2012 working in mines mining for minerals didn't choose the decisions of corporations to influence governments, pay low wages etc etc.

Ah yes, but you say "but they don't have to live like that" well see sherlock, when a nation or group of people has said to the world "go fuck yourself with your corporations, then they get invaded, sanctioned, bombed, overthrown etc etc etc.

There are consequences in challenging the corporate status quo.

MMMM capitalism gotta love it.
What did you get your degree in? You really lack any basic knowledge of the Gilded Age.
Explain how individual makes the decision to have their water sources polluted by some huge corporation. Explain how that individual had a role in the decision making procedures of that corporation.

Oh thats right, you can't because you are fucking stupid and like to repeat childish capitalist dogma like "individuals choose" oh fuck that is funny.
16-11-2012, 07:50 AM
(16-11-2012 04:06 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(16-11-2012 03:56 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  What did you get your degree in? You really lack any basic knowledge of the Gilded Age.
Explain how individual makes the decision to have their water sources polluted by some huge corporation. Explain how that individual had a role in the decision making procedures of that corporation.

Oh thats right, you can't because you are fucking stupid and like to repeat childish capitalist dogma like "individuals choose" oh fuck that is funny.

Tell me I and I, what do you do to feed the hungry?
What do you sacrifice? You're posting from a computer right now, that could have been money sent to feed the poor.
Do you own a car? again, money that could be feeding starving children.
Are you living on bear minimum and sending all your left over money after basic bills to feed poor??

Don't preach to us that we're horrible people because we live a western life style when you don't practice what you preach.

It has nothing to do with capitalism, or government conspiracy etc... It's just the way the world is, see my first post.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
16-11-2012, 08:07 AM
(16-11-2012 04:06 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(16-11-2012 03:56 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  What did you get your degree in? You really lack any basic knowledge of the Gilded Age.

Tell me, honey buns. Who runs a corporation? Who funds a corporation? What is a corporation? If people really cared about companies polluting our precious water supplies, consumers could easily boycott. That's the wonders about capitalism. You can choose to go with the other guy, if you think it is really worth it.

Capitalist dogma? I am talking about the basics of human nature here.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
16-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Ask the birds on one of the remotest islands in the world.... Midway, in the Pacific Ocean.... about one of the negative effects of capitalism.

But why should we give a fuck about a few birds on an island when we dont even consciously give a fuck about the people who are exploited and suffer and even die in certain scenarios everyday around the world.... part of the capitalist process to bring us various products that we will more often than not, throw away without a second thought.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
16-11-2012, 09:36 AM
One of the most honest and thorough examinations that I've ever seen of economics and how capitalism works throughout the world is a 10 part public TV broadcast by Milton Friedman titled 'Free To Choose'. Each program is 30 minutes of presentation and 30 minutes of round table discussion. Yes it's 10 hours long, pretty thorough I'd say. The people in the discussion parts often vehemently disagree with the presentation and explain its faults, that's intellectual honesty IMO.

The whole thing is on YouTube
http://youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PL509CB02D18520181
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post
16-11-2012, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2012 09:49 AM by Free Thought.)
I love Capitalism just as much as I love (the theory of) Communism, both potentially viable, but neither desirable.

And yeah, I don't donate or nothing like that to Third Worlders simply because I know A) It does not effect me in the slightest. B) Whoever gets the money I am sending will probably die soon after, assuming they survive to see whatever my money got them anyway.

And hell, I am too cynical to trust organisations other than my own with substantial amounts of money anyway.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
16-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Which capitalism? There are many forms, some of which I like, some of which I don't.

The Scandinavian countries seem to do it well.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
16-11-2012, 10:03 AM
What do you suggest as a replacement ?
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-11-2012, 10:12 AM
(16-11-2012 10:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  What do you suggest as a replacement ?
The last time he started this exact same thread, it was Stalinism.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Thong's made by prison labor. Capitalism gets sexy. I and I 22 769 23-09-2013 06:37 AM
Last Post: Chas
  Is Capitalism an economic system or a political system? I and I 39 1,338 30-12-2012 07:48 AM
Last Post: yongkykun
  Capitalism...but a different topic I and I 3 322 06-12-2012 08:30 AM
Last Post: Logica Humano
  Israel/Capitalism and good ole blood diamonds I and I 32 1,302 05-12-2012 04:57 PM
Last Post: Loggur
  Limited capitalism: a "you're too rich" cap on income Buddy Christ 154 7,032 03-04-2012 11:32 AM
Last Post: germanyt
  proof why fake capitalism doesnt work satan69 1 493 15-03-2012 07:48 AM
Last Post: germanyt
  I was a Gangster for Capitalism GirlyMan 8 631 14-01-2012 11:46 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan