So who's Watching the Debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2014, 08:11 PM
RE: So who's Watching the Debate
(04-02-2014 07:58 PM)Alexandro Wrote:  Ham uses the scriptures a little too much. I was expecting a little more pseudoscience to back up the claim about the reliability of creation. Even believers can't be so thrilled about his performance.

I hope you're right. I'm afraid to go to Facebook.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2014, 08:23 PM
What a looser. I really thought Kenwood would do better, try to science it up a bit. But no, he relied on his, as usual, denial of any kind of dating, stating "WERE YOU THERE?".

I was also surprised at how well Bill came across. Very calm, very knowledgeable.

Favorite moment. Question to Ken, is there anything that could ever change your mind on evolution? Like a true scientist, he did a long hesitation, and then answered a question that wasn't asked. The old, switcharoo.

Ken needs to put money in the Duchebag jar
04-02-2014, 08:28 PM
[/quote]

I feel like I'm missing out I'm a relatively new atheist never have heard hitchens debate before.
[/quote]
You have got to go on youtube. That guy was amazing in a debate. Top it off with his snooty accent making everything he says sound smarter. Check him out.

Also, check out Skeptic.com For some great podcasts, check out maximumfun.org

T.H.
04-02-2014, 08:38 PM
I watched the entire debate. To be honest, although I obviously agree with Bill's point of view, I do not think he won the debate. I don't think he is a polished enough to hammer home the points needed. Ham on the other hand, spews complete bs, but he is experienced spewing it and he makes it come off as intelligent to someone who isn't aware. When I think about the only victory that could come of a debate like this, is that some people who are creationist that watch, get curious and start questioning their beliefs. Although I think Bill was ok, I don't think many will do that.
04-02-2014, 08:39 PM
(04-02-2014 08:28 PM)T.H. Wrote:  Top it off with his snooty accent making everything he says sound smarter. Laughat

That was funny and a bit true Consider

Actually, I think Hitch was that smart!

04-02-2014, 08:42 PM
I was worried about this debate because Ken Ham is drastically more well versed in debating than Bill Nye. On top of that Ken Ham was extremely organized and quick. I have to say that Bill Nye is doing an amazing job keeping up with Ken Ham. on every step, he has gotten flustered a few times but has pulled it together and rocked it in every example.
04-02-2014, 08:44 PM
(04-02-2014 08:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 08:28 PM)T.H. Wrote:  Top it off with his snooty accent making everything he says sound smarter. Laughat

That was funny and a bit true Consider

Actually, I think Hitch was that smart!

What are you guys talking about?!?!?

He didn't have an accent.

If anything, his accent was a bit ... y'know... common.

Dodgy

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
04-02-2014, 08:46 PM
I agree with mrlmichael for the people that already have their minds made, but for people that are in doubt... I think Bill made a solid case
04-02-2014, 08:46 PM
(04-02-2014 08:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 07:58 PM)Alexandro Wrote:  Ham uses the scriptures a little too much. I was expecting a little more pseudoscience to back up the claim about the reliability of creation. Even believers can't be so thrilled about his performance.

I hope you're right. I'm afraid to go to Facebook.

Funny, the only mentions on my Facebook are from Seth and American Atheists. Tongue

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Bill made some good points, but some or delivery especially during the beginning needed work.