So who's Watching the Debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2014, 11:31 PM
RE: So who's Watching the Debate
(04-02-2014 11:29 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 11:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ham is a euphemism for a hack.

Or is that a hock?

Ham Hock...get it?

I kill me.

I don't think that is irony, that's more of a coincidence. I think it would be ironic if Ham had something about telling the truth/honesty or sanity in his name.

A ham can also be someone who tries to steal a spotlight through means other than talent.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2014, 11:31 PM
"Is creation a viable model of origins in today's modern scientific era?"

Yes.
And science is doing most of the heavy lifting to make it even more credible to skeptics/agnostics.
04-02-2014, 11:34 PM
(04-02-2014 11:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 11:29 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  I don't think that is irony, that's more of a coincidence. I think it would be ironic if Ham had something about telling the truth/honesty or sanity in his name.

A ham can also be someone who tries to steal a spotlight through means other than talent.

If Ham was just sitting in the corner letting Bill do his thing without really standing up, then that would be irony. I don't think that was the case in the debate based on what people are saying, though I'll admit I didn't watch it yet so correct me if Ham was just sitting back.
04-02-2014, 11:39 PM
(04-02-2014 11:31 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  "Is creation a viable model of origins in today's modern scientific era?"

Yes.
And science is doing most of the heavy lifting to make it even more credible to skeptics/agnostics.

[Image: 1182.jpg]
(the action being thinking this post was a good idea.)

Here's a link of everything you need to ignore to accept Ham's model.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Branches_of...reationism
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
04-02-2014, 11:57 PM
Irony of his name: the curse of Ham. From scripture.

The debate was cold. Better than it could have been, not nearly as good as it should have been. Hamm actually disappointed me like a motherfucker because I've seen him pull better shit out of his ass in debates before, he was way too careful here. Nye was cool under pressure but could have delivered better, and with better content, but given it's his first debate he did okay and made some good points. They could have been made with more panache and info, but all in all at least he was allowed to make them.

Not a win, nor a loss. I hope those who might linger on the finer points of it might be inspired to learn something.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
05-02-2014, 12:01 AM
(04-02-2014 11:57 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Irony of his name: the curse of Ham. From scripture.

In that case, I see it now. Definition nazi within me satisfied.
05-02-2014, 12:26 AM
The 680K summer/winter cycles of ice (and all) Bill cited was a killer.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
05-02-2014, 12:31 AM
(04-02-2014 11:31 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  "Is creation a viable model of origins in today's modern scientific era?"

Yes.

6000 year old earth with a 4000 year old civilization?

Shoo fly!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-02-2014, 12:40 AM
(04-02-2014 11:57 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Irony of his name: the curse of Ham. From scripture.

Thank you for telling them for me. I was busy writing my review of this debate on my blog and did realize this was an issue. Blush

When Nye brought up the pork and being stoned I wondered if he would make a joke about Ham being his name, but he didn't. It was the one time I wish Nye did make a joke. He should have skipped the jokes on enemy turf and spent what precious time he had with this captive audience to convey his points.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
05-02-2014, 01:07 AM
I just don't see where any of you are saying that Nye didn't do/sound/look well. I think Nye blew him away, did FAR better than Sam Harris did against Craig last time.

I say Nye CLEARLY ate Ham's lunch.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop