So who's Watching the Debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2014, 01:12 AM
RE: So who's Watching the Debate
(04-02-2014 11:31 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  "Is creation a viable model of origins in today's modern scientific era?"

Yes.
And science is doing most of the heavy lifting to make it even more credible to skeptics/agnostics.

[Image: hahaha-no-108566526694.png]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-02-2014, 01:13 AM
LOL

"Thank you, Mr. Ham, but I am completely unsatisfied!"

DAMN.

I don't know what the nay-sayers here are talking about.

Nye completely DESTROYED Ham.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
05-02-2014, 01:21 AM
LOL 1:48 --

He did hit on the "science" equivocation, but he didn't slam it like I would.

But I FUCKING LOVE his:

"COME AT ME BRO!"

05-02-2014, 08:34 AM
He's had absolutely nothing but praise from the news media. Everyone is talking bill up. This is GOOD NEWS.
http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/watch...7819203791

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
05-02-2014, 04:40 PM
I think to be fair, those that didn't see any area to be critical of Bill already agree with his point of view, and are therefor more likely to think he "killed it". I tried watching as a neutral observer who was undecided and didn't know what to believe (even though that is not the case) and to judge the performance based on that. Now, I probably have a hard time hiding my internal bias, but I thought Bill was adequate, especially given that this was his first debate, but he could have been better.
05-02-2014, 04:44 PM
(05-02-2014 04:40 PM)mrlmichael Wrote:  I think to be fair, those that didn't see any area to be critical of Bill already agree with his point of view, and are therefor more likely to think he "killed it". I tried watching as a neutral observer who was undecided and didn't know what to believe (even though that is not the case) and to judge the performance based on that. Now, I probably have a hard time hiding my internal bias, but I thought Bill was adequate, especially given that this was his first debate, but he could have been better.

He went in thinking of this more like a class with a stubborn student standing next to him then a debate.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
05-02-2014, 04:51 PM
(05-02-2014 04:40 PM)mrlmichael Wrote:  I think to be fair, those that didn't see any area to be critical of Bill already agree with his point of view, and are therefor more likely to think he "killed it". I tried watching as a neutral observer who was undecided and didn't know what to believe (even though that is not the case) and to judge the performance based on that. Now, I probably have a hard time hiding my internal bias, but I thought Bill was adequate, especially given that this was his first debate, but he could have been better.

Given the fact this was his first debate I think he handled himself very well. His enthusiasm was often infectious and I do want to read more about some of the things he discussed.

Ham's appeals to authority, bible quotes, and referring people to AIG was annoying...But to the person who knows little about science seeing the inventor of the MRI state he believes as Ham does, could sway people.

Just like Nye saying we need engineers and inventors and tying it into evolution...

Although I thoroughly believe in evolution as fact, I don't see that is needed in anyway for my husband to do his job (he's an X-ray Technologist).

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

05-02-2014, 08:05 PM
(05-02-2014 04:40 PM)mrlmichael Wrote:  I think to be fair, those that didn't see any area to be critical of Bill already agree with his point of view, and are therefor more likely to think he "killed it".

And on what data do you base this claim upon?

Quote:I tried watching as a neutral observer who was undecided and didn't know what to believe (even though that is not the case) and to judge the performance based on that. Now, I probably have a hard time hiding my internal bias, but I thought Bill was adequate, especially given that this was his first debate, but he could have been better.

Anyone can always do better.

05-02-2014, 09:08 PM
(05-02-2014 12:31 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  6000 year old earth with a 4000 year old civilization?

Who said that the Earth is 6000 years old? I dont think that.
05-02-2014, 09:30 PM
(05-02-2014 09:08 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 12:31 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  6000 year old earth with a 4000 year old civilization?

Who said that the Earth is 6000 years old? I dont think that.

The model you were trying to defend earlier does.