So, who's cooking a big Thanksgiving feast? And whatcha making?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2012, 01:29 PM
RE: So, who's cooking a big Thanksgiving feast? And whatcha making?
Well Thanksgiving was last month for us Canadians....I guess our pilgrims were faster than yours LOL. But all this thanksgiving food talk has made me crave turkey. I think I will have some turkey and celebrate in honor of your thanksgiving.....OK ok, it's just an excuse for another big turkey dinner lol. Happy holidays for all those celebrating!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Yummy stuff! Ate a bunch...gonna rest a while and go back for more.

The dogs have been pacing around the kitchen since early this morning in anticipation of a tasty treat. The big parrot is having one of her favorite treats...corn on the cob...she will make a terrible mess and love every bit of it.

Gravy - excellent! Turkey really good...can't wait till I have room for pie!

Looking like nap time!

Enjoy everybody!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
22-11-2012, 01:59 PM
(21-11-2012 06:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  My friend Marilyn and her sister Marcia were doing veggie prep this afternoon, and Marcia brought over three pies - pumpkin, pecan, and apple. Drooling Dinner will be six of us.

I just finished getting the turkey into the brine - I've never done this before. My big job tomorrow is to make gravy. I'm pretty good at that.

The turkey wasn't entirely thawed when it went into the brine; anyone with experience here to tell me if this is a problem? Should I add time?

I thaw the turkey in the brine. Not a problem. I used to deep fry 'em but it's a pain in the ass and uses a shitload of peanut oil. Hell the peanut oil costs more than the turkey. We do Thanksgiving on Saturday instead of Thursday because ... well we're just fucking weird.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
22-11-2012, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2012 02:16 PM by ddrew.)
Just going to keep dinner simple .. I think that Banquet frozen turkey dinner will do just fine.... Laughat

NO..... Actually I do have somthing planned but still simple.

Got me a turkey round roast that I'm going to cook up in the stovetop smoker. Hickory wood chips... some Hefeweizen beer in the drip pan... mmmm... yeah.

So I'll be having hickory and beer smoked turkey round roast with mashed potatoes, gravy, steamed veggies and baked rolls.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post