So, who's snowed in this time?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2013, 07:42 PM
So, who's snowed in this time?
How many of you guys are up to your butt in snow?

Geez, I don't miss winter weather...my last winter in Iowa was pretty mild...the one before that was brutal! Was around 1981-1982. We were snowed in three weekends out of four that January and at one point had 70 below wind chill...had to go get diapers and formula on a snowmobile. That's why I am not there any more. UGH!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2013, 07:46 PM
RE: So, who's snowed in this time?
It's fucking boiling hot here.
It's gotta be like 25-26 degrees.

I fucking hate the heat, you know I always say, it's far easier to get warm then it is to cool down.

I'll trade being snowed in over 25+ degree heat any fucking day.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
21-02-2013, 07:51 PM
I also get claustrophic with high heat, but not here Tongue
(shut up Chas, it's boring but boring is good sometimes), Muffers you really need to move over here.
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USCA0982

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
21-02-2013, 07:56 PM
(21-02-2013 07:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I also get claustrophic with high heat, but not here Tongue
(shut up Chas, it's boring but boring is good sometimes), Muffers you really need to move over here.
Now those are some respectable temperatures a guy can live in.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
21-02-2013, 07:57 PM
(21-02-2013 07:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I also get claustrophic with high heat, but not here Tongue
But it's really, really boring. Good zoo, though.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-02-2013, 08:07 PM
What's snow? Blink

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Not snowed in here, weather's been pleasant lately, you know, for February. A bit of rain and sleet, but nothing bad all month long. January it got a bit nasty, nothing this month. In '94 we were snowed in for 2 and a half weeks...with no electricity. That really sucked balls. We had family that lived about a mile away who were going to freeze if we didn't take them in, so picture this. Two Bedroom, One Bathroom house filled with eleven people, and our only heat source was a single kerosene heater. Lucky for us we had plenty of canned food so no one ever went hungry, but it was not a pleasant experience, aside from building my first and only igloo, which was actually quite warm.

21-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Ech... well digger's ass cold and 14 inches of snow, higher in drifts, so far. Dodgy

I was hoping it would be finished in the next couple of hours but it looks like a new mini cell is popping up out in the west. If I'm as lucky as I have been so far, it will go to the north.
The one good thing I got out of it... they closed all the highways in the entire state... I didn't have to drive tonight!

Bowing YEA THUNDER SNOW! Bowing

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
21-02-2013, 08:59 PM
(21-02-2013 07:46 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's fucking boiling hot here.
It's gotta be like 25-26 degrees.

I fucking hate the heat, you know I always say, it's far easier to get warm then it is to cool down.

I'll trade being snowed in over 25+ degree heat any fucking day.
I'll trade places! It's -5 here, which is better than the -25 it was weeks ago, but the dreary sky is driving me mad. I look outside at nothing but grey. Grey sky, grey snow and muddy cars. Ew! I need colour! I've been playing summer music and day dreaming a lot.
21-02-2013, 10:13 PM
It's raining on and off. There's a ton of snow. (My driveway is like a skating rink.)

High 18 F right now and tomorrow "snow to freezing drizzle" with an estimated snowfall of 1-3 inches. Weeping

I still can't imagine living anywhere else. Michigan and I have a love-hate relationship = )

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King