So, whose forum is this, anyway?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2013, 09:28 PM
RE: So, whose forum is this, anyway?
(04-07-2013 09:21 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Also gonna point out I talked to (well emailed with) Seth and touched upon this topic literally last night.

and....??

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2013, 09:28 PM
(04-07-2013 09:26 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  I think her argument can be used to to include people other than trolls, like maybe the sickos in the pedo thread. That is more serious IMO.

Great way to miss the point Hughsie. It's like you're putting in an effort. I've pretty much said what Bows and Arrows has said in another private thread for management issues.

It doesn't matter anymore though. I've given up.

Relax dude, this isn't a personal dispute.

What I said also applies to anyone who is unpopular for any reason. If people focus on replying to things they had an interest in discussing or agreed with instead of things they have a major issue with then the unpopular people would most likely just fade away.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
04-07-2013, 09:31 PM
(04-07-2013 09:28 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  and....??

It's not for me to divulge something said in a private email.

My point is that I am well aware that this is Seth's forum, carries his logo, and reflects on him. I would not act in a way he expressed unhappiness with.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
05-07-2013, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 12:14 AM by Hobbitgirl.)
While I agree it would be nice to have -some- rules dictating some form of decorum.........

[Image: quote-ignorant-free-speech-often-works-a...149841.jpg]

At the end of the day if you don't like it don't read it. I don't read I &I's threads or posts, nor egors, or any of those peoples (usually) because honestly I just don't give a flying fuck about what they are going to say. I know its going to be something stupid I don't agree with so why bother? Why does self governing seem so hard for other people.
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
05-07-2013, 12:31 AM
Whose forum is this?

It's the communities, that what it was designed for right?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
05-07-2013, 12:36 AM
(05-07-2013 12:31 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Whose forum is this?

I don't think Id go so far as to say that, because the decisions on running it are not based "we the community".

No one outside of a few have any real say in how the community is run.

There's not voting system to make it "the communities"

That being said a voting system would just turn into a popularity contest and anyone not in the "group" would be long gone. So I'm thankful for that. (Certainly wouldnt be around otherwise) lol
05-07-2013, 12:47 AM
(05-07-2013 12:36 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(05-07-2013 12:31 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Whose forum is this?

I don't think Id go so far as to say that, because the decisions on running it are not based "we the community".

That being said a voting system would just turn into a popularity contest and anyone not in the "group" would be long gone. So I'm thankful for that. (Certainly wouldnt be around otherwise) lol

Well, to form a community was one of the reasons Seth gives for the establishment of the forums.

Sure, the forum isn't a democracy with rules made by the patrons, but is there a truly democratic forum or page on the internet? I doubt it. Though the rules, to me at least, seem pretty agreeable, and they don't seem to change much anyway. And the forum for the most part seems run itself.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
05-07-2013, 01:55 AM
Quote: So, whose forum is this, anyway?

[Image: 31469667.jpg]

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-07-2013, 05:32 AM
(05-07-2013 12:47 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(05-07-2013 12:36 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I don't think Id go so far as to say that, because the decisions on running it are not based "we the community".

Well, to form a community was one of the reasons Seth gives for the establishment of the forums.

Sure, the forum isn't a democracy with rules made by the patrons, but is there a truly democratic forum or page on the internet? I doubt it. Though the rules, to me at least, seem pretty agreeable, and they don't seem to change much anyway. And the forum for the most part seems run itself.

Yes FT, when you say that a few of us is running this place and that it is a dictatorship, not a democracy, one might think that we are terrible to our members, that we ban people who we do not like and so on. The truth is exactly the opposite, this is the most opened and free forum I have ever seen. On any other I've been, we got banned for saying anything against moderators or admins, we got warnings for saying bad words (like "fuck" is bad for anything, sheesh...), we even got warned about properly quoting and arranging your posts. Here you can shit on our heads and write about that, we will not fucking care. That is how horrible we are, terrible dictators... Evil_monster

Now, here, we are so fucking awesome that you are free to express your opinion in whatever way you like and you won't get banned even after you admit you were aroused by a ten year old, or after all the BS I&I has written. So, on one hand we now have people complaining that "only a chosen handful" of us is running this, we are dictators and that is bad. We are bad. On the other hand, we have people who do not want more rules, more limitations, less "voting" ... Some people actually like the fact that they can relax, say what's on their mind, without having to be careful about this and that.

So, what do you people really want? More moderators? Less moderators? Change of moderators? More rules? Less rules? How would you choose who is to be moderator? How would you choose new rules? What does Stark and Seth think about all this? Do you even care about the problems that come up when you start thinking about this, or do you really think that it is up to only your (one persons) opinion and that is the way everyone needs to live by?

So Chas, since you started all this, what do you really want? What? What is wrong here? After all this talk, it seems it all comes down to 2 things:

1) Chas does not like the fact that there are a few people in mod/admin team and he would like to change that the way HE thinks it should be changed, without caring for all the other opinions

2) Everyone want's I&I to walk the ban plank...

What did I miss?

Consider

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
05-07-2013, 05:57 AM
Laxer rules and more room for judgement....uh no fucking thanks. Imagine this is your government. The road to hell...

I have the utmost respect for you Chas, and normally I agree with you, but on this point, I couldn't disagree more. I agree with hughsie, that the anti-muffdiver has quite possible made more sense on this thread than he ever has....fucking annoying pig-latin besides. You have to let people speak their stupid god-damned mind. If you start censoring speech then I don't want to be here anymore either.