So, whose forum is this, anyway?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2013, 06:06 AM
RE: So, whose forum is this, anyway?
(05-07-2013 05:32 AM)Filox Wrote:  2) Everyone want's I&I to walk the ban plank...

What did I miss?

Consider

Just want to say; I want I$I to go away, most certainly. But until he actually performs an offence warranting banning (being 'disruptive' doesn't count!), we should avoid banning people like him... Sets a bad precedent.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
05-07-2013, 06:16 AM
Exactly! Yes. That is what our Admins are telling all the time, yet some people still insist that we are stupid and not doing our job. Well then, you want us to start banning people that are stupid, but haven't actually broke the rule? That would be pretty much a suicide of this forum and it will turn it to a real dictatorship, where a few individuals are acting like this is their own property. We do not want that, nor would we want to be a member of such forums, there is a reason why this is the only forum I visit.

Also, have you people (those who do not like some members) ever tried "ignore" option? You can just ignore someone, or you can even click the button, so that it is physically ignored.

This means that if someone does not like someone, stop complaining to the FT, ignore the fuck and be done with it. You have the power to protect your eyes from BS, why not use it, why nag to the mods and admins? Seriously, have some backbone and take care of yourselves. I'm sure you all are capable of that.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
05-07-2013, 06:22 AM
(05-07-2013 06:16 AM)Filox Wrote:  You can just ignore someone, or you can even click the button, so that it is physically ignored.

Well, I was with you up until this. What the fuck is this you are speaking of?Shocking How do physically ignore people on the internet and why hasn't this technology been used instead of shows like "To Catch a Predator". Seriously though, I dunno what you're talking about, mate.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
05-07-2013, 06:38 AM
(05-07-2013 06:22 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(05-07-2013 06:16 AM)Filox Wrote:  You can just ignore someone, or you can even click the button, so that it is physically ignored.

Well, I was with you up until this. What the fuck is this you are speaking of?Shocking How do physically ignore people on the internet and why hasn't this technology been used instead of shows like "To Catch a Predator". Seriously though, I dunno what you're talking about, mate.

Well... When the technology to punch people through the internet comes out, I will be a very happy individual indeed.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-07-2013, 07:37 AM
(05-07-2013 06:22 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  

If you just skip the posts of someone you are ignoring him mentally. If you use the forums option of "Ignore" button, then you have removed all his posts from your screen and can not view those posts anymore. That is what I would call "physically ignore" someone.

Big Grin

-Hunter S. Thompson
05-07-2013, 07:40 AM
(05-07-2013 07:37 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(05-07-2013 06:22 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Well, I was with you up until this. What the fuck is this you are speaking of?Shocking How do physically ignore people on the internet and why hasn't this technology been used instead of shows like "To Catch a Predator". Seriously though, I dunno what you're talking about, mate.

If you just skip the posts of someone you are ignoring him mentally. If you use the forums option of "Ignore" button, then you have removed all his posts from your screen and can not view those posts anymore. That is what I would call "physically ignore" someone.

Big Grin

That button doesn't remove all posts. Try it!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-07-2013, 07:46 AM
Oh? Well, doesn't it not show the posts of the person you "ignored"? I never use that, I don't have a problem with stupid people, mentally ignore is more than enough. If you combine the button and your will, there are no posts that you will read, if you do not want to read them.

EDIT:

I just ignored you Dom, and your post was shown, but hidden. Just the way I expected it to be. Why do you say not all posts are hidden?

-Hunter S. Thompson
05-07-2013, 07:52 AM
(05-07-2013 05:32 AM)Filox Wrote:  What did I miss?

Consider

I've decided that free speech is no longer for me... Does that make me bad?

If I wanted free speech I would hang out at 4 chan. I've never gone near that site because of it's reputation of being overrun by delinquents of all kinds.

Ok... I believe in free speech but don't want certain things shoved in my face.

Thats my decision, so I guess this forum is no longer for me. I'm man enough to walk away.

I know I should just set some of these fools to ignore. I just think this shit will keep happening, and I don't want to handle it right now. My decision.

Some of the recent events have really tainted the forum in my eyes.

(04-07-2013 09:35 PM)A self proclaimed pedo Wrote:  
(04-07-2013 03:17 PM)Luminon Wrote:  [Image: 1010023_10151439463201750_2070384791_n.jpg]

That's a wonderful picture.

*shudders*

NEED Metoclopramide iv drip STAT.

These pedo threads have colored the way I see what this guy says. This can't be undone.

Fuck

this

shit...

goodbye

I need a loooooong vacation from this site.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 3 users Like DeepThought's post
05-07-2013, 08:02 AM
(05-07-2013 07:46 AM)Filox Wrote:  Oh? Well, doesn't it not show the posts of the person you "ignored"? I never use that, I don't have a problem with stupid people, mentally ignore is more than enough. If you combine the button and your will, there are no posts that you will read, if you do not want to read them.

EDIT:

I just ignored you Dom, and your post was shown, but hidden. Just the way I expected it to be. Why do you say not all posts are hidden?

Try a thread I started. It will show. Also, following a discussion where one person's input is not visible can be nuts. Nothing makes sense anymore.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-07-2013, 08:06 AM
(05-07-2013 07:52 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(05-07-2013 05:32 AM)Filox Wrote:  What did I miss?

Consider

I've decided that free speech is no longer for me... Does that make me bad?

If I wanted free speech I would hang out at 4 chan. I've never gone near that site because of it's reputation of being overrun by delinquents of all kinds.

Ok... I believe in free speech but don't want certain things shoved in my face.

Thats my decision, so I guess this forum is no longer for me. I'm man enough to walk away.

I know I should just set some of these fools to ignore. I just think this shit will keep happening, and I don't want to handle it right now. My decision.

Some of the recent events have really tainted the forum in my eyes.

(04-07-2013 09:35 PM)A self proclaimed pedo Wrote:  That's a wonderful picture.

*shudders*

NEED Metoclopramide iv drip STAT.

These pedo threads have colored the way I see what this guy says. This can't be undone.

Fuck

this

shit...

goodbye

I need a loooooong vacation from this site.

I still see free speech as an important thing.

But - like others have said, free speech is a responsibility. When someone comes along and makes a good portion of the contributing membership bleed, and the forum admin doesn't give a shit, it's not even a humane place anymore.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post