So, whose forum is this, anyway?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2013, 08:20 PM
RE: So, whose forum is this, anyway?
I only ask because I know that I am a mandatory abuse reporter due to my line of work. I'm wondering how that works here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2013, 08:21 PM
(05-07-2013 08:19 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Question for admin. People reporting that they abuse children....aren't you required to report them to the authorities?

I'm not sure of the legal stance but it's not relevant to me, I sure as hell would report them anyway.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
05-07-2013, 08:22 PM
That's good.

I'm trying to find info on what a persons responsibility is in an online regard. Never thought about it before.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
05-07-2013, 08:25 PM
(05-07-2013 08:22 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  That's good.

I'm trying to find info on what a persons responsibility is in an online regard. Never thought about it before.

Good luck trying to find any info on it, it's a complete mindfuck. Things aren't helped by a forum usually being made up of people from many different jurisdictions.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
05-07-2013, 08:27 PM
(05-07-2013 08:25 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(05-07-2013 08:22 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  That's good.

Good luck trying to find any info on it, it's a complete mindfuck. Things aren't helped by a forum usually being made up of people from many different jurisdictions.

Yikes yeah that's true. Ugh.
05-07-2013, 09:25 PM
(05-07-2013 02:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Take a cold shower ATO...this isn't supposed to be about winning. FFS.

Clearly you don't know modern slang.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
05-07-2013, 09:27 PM
(05-07-2013 08:19 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Question for admin. People reporting that they abuse children....aren't you required to report them to the authorities?

Both have denied abusing kids. Just because they have an attraction does not mean they acted on it.

05-07-2013, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 09:37 PM by Atothetheist.)
(05-07-2013 07:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-07-2013 06:57 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Are you thinking that we may be better off putting in writing somewhere that this place is for all discussion and not just for atheist and theist discussion?

Personally, I think having an "off topic" section will be a lot more beneficial than a mission statement. And as far as a mission statement goes, I do think there should be one that explains that the forum encourages exchange between theists and atheists, because that is the way it is, and some people get their panties all in a knot about it. Topics like food and whatever are innocuous and just allow members to bond further. They are expected.

An off-topic section puts an end to having the entire place littered with stuff that many people do not want to see. You may remember me suggesting that many moons ago.

His discussion is in the right topic. Pedophilia has something to do with health and pysch, not everything here has to have an atheist slant, or we should move every non-atheist related music thread to an off-topic section. The majority of the pych threads too.

05-07-2013, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 10:36 PM by Hobbitgirl.)
Re: So, whose forum is this, anyway?
Sigh.....
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
05-07-2013, 10:44 PM
(05-07-2013 07:52 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  I've decided that free speech is no longer for me... Does that make me bad?

If I wanted free speech I would hang out at 4 chan. I've never gone near that site because of it's reputation of being overrun by delinquents of all kinds.

Ok... I believe in free speech but don't want certain things shoved in my face.

Thats my decision, so I guess this forum is no longer for me. I'm man enough to walk away.

I know I should just set some of these fools to ignore. I just think this shit will keep happening, and I don't want to handle it right now. My decision.

Some of the recent events have really tainted the forum in my eyes.

Just because both this place and 4chan allows free speech does not mean that one equates the other. This place is nothing at all like 4 chan...well, based on the memes I have seen anyhow. I'm not saying you should stay or go. I'm just saying our community is still heads and shoulders above other communities, at least that is the way I feel. I do hate to see you go though. Comeback anytime. Cool