So, whose forum is this, anyway?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Re: So, whose forum is this, anyway?
Yeah Deepthought I'm kind of on the same page. Which makes me sad. Need to think on things.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
05-07-2013, 11:07 PM
RE: So, whose forum is this, anyway?
I'd just like to comment about the early discussion about new members not sticking around. Personally I was very disappointed when I finally found someone, Seth, who so nice to everybody no matter what their opinion on any subject... then I come here and I believe it was the very first day I got called stupid and got drug through the mud and basically slammed against the wall for having an opinion that is not the "norm". As well as being flat out told, "your not normal for an atheist". I came here with the impression their was no such thing. I will not be just another sheep in the heard for anyone or belief.
So I've stopped trying to fit in and just pop in from time to time to see what the topic of the day is.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like smidgen's post
05-07-2013, 11:39 PM
(05-07-2013 11:07 PM)smidgen Wrote:  I'd just like to comment about the early discussion about new members not sticking around. Personally I was very disappointed when I finally found someone, Seth, who so nice to everybody no matter what their opinion on any subject... then I come here and I believe it was the very first day I got called stupid and got drug through the mud and basically slammed against the wall for having an opinion that is not the "norm". As well as being flat out told, "your not normal for an atheist". I came here with the impression their was no such thing. I will not be just another sheep in the heard for anyone or belief.
So I've stopped trying to fit in and just pop in from time to time to see what the topic of the day is.

I apologize for that happening to you. Some people just can't handle dealing with different views.

Some others can't handle it because of emotional reasons, others won't because they think they are on some "Holier art thou" crusade.

And yes, the pun was there purposefully.Drinking Beverage

(That was for the people who dare wish death upon a person for THINKING differently, but I won't get into it.)

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
05-07-2013, 11:48 PM
(05-07-2013 11:39 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(05-07-2013 11:07 PM)smidgen Wrote:  I'd just like to comment about the early discussion about new members not sticking around. Personally I was very disappointed when I finally found someone, Seth, who so nice to everybody no matter what their opinion on any subject... then I come here and I believe it was the very first day I got called stupid and got drug through the mud and basically slammed against the wall for having an opinion that is not the "norm". As well as being flat out told, "your not normal for an atheist". I came here with the impression their was no such thing. I will not be just another sheep in the heard for anyone or belief.

I apologize for that happening to you. Some people just can't handle dealing with different views.

Some others can't handle it because of emotional reasons, others won't because they think they are on some "Holier art thou" crusade.

And yes, the pun was there purposefully.Drinking Beverage

(That was for the people who dare wish death upon a person for THINKING differently, but I won't get into it.)

No need to apologize but thanks anyway. I just needed to get it off my chest.

06-07-2013, 12:01 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2013 10:49 AM by Bucky Ball.)
edit : serious error.
ranting on wrong person.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
06-07-2013, 12:01 AM
(05-07-2013 10:56 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Yeah Deepthought I'm kind of on the same page. Which makes me sad. Need to think on things.

See... this... this right here I don't get... same with DT.

I just don't understand how a forum can become "tainted" by doing the EXACT same thing it's done since its inception.

For what it's worth, my crappy, no-good Christian opinion is this:

Anyone who has to "leave" or "walk away" from this place due to others expressing their own freedom of speech are hypocrites.

So much tolerance is preached by atheists... so many complaints of religious people being bigoted towards atheist because of their expressed view.

So what now? Because someone expressed a view that you disgree with, you leave? As nauseating as the view is, does that person not have the right to express it? Why are you entitled to your views and beliefs, but he is not?

The argument can be made that he is a predtor preying on children, but who are you to judge him? Especially, when there is no tangible evidence to support his claim. And, even if there was, that's for a court to decide, not some person on a forum.

If someone's freedom of speech evokes such an emotional response from you - especially considering the fact that it's only textual and not visual or incidental - then you may want to reconsider your own notion of tolerance.

You also may want to reconsider how an emotional response is evoked from you when prejudice is laid on you by the religious due to your beliefs.

DT and Hobbitgirl, I like both of you, and for all intents and purposes, I would consider you friends. I am not trying to "call you out" or attacking you, I simply want to shed a light on what seems to be a double standard among the atheist community.

And not just this pedo thing, I've addressed this issue many, many times. Online atheists, in GENERAL, are some of the biggest advocates for free speech until someone expresses a contrary view; they are then quick to cry for some sort of action be taken against the offender.

Again, I'm just a novelty around these part, so take my opinion with a grain of salt... it's just how I see it.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 6 users Like kingschosen's post
06-07-2013, 12:04 AM
(06-07-2013 12:01 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Stick to it all you like. You came here and tried to present pedophilia as a normal variant, and in fact its a disease state that needs treatment.
Are you getting treatment for it ? Somehow I doubt it.
No one said "You are not normal for an atheist".
Atheism has nothing whatever to do with it. The reason you came here is because this board has a freedom of speech policy.
Anywhere else would have booted your ass off, long ago.
You are just plain sick.
You would be sick whether you were an atheist or not an atheist.
You were not DRAGGED, (there is no word "drug" as the past participle of the verb "to drag", ... a drug is a medication), anywhere.
You tried to present a disease state as somehow acceptable, and you got push-back.
Too bad. And now you want to whine about it. Boo hoo.

Smidgen was NOT the one who started the pedophilia thread. The names are semi- similar, but they are not the same.

06-07-2013, 12:05 AM
(06-07-2013 12:01 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(05-07-2013 10:56 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Yeah Deepthought I'm kind of on the same page. Which makes me sad. Need to think on things.

See... this... this right here I don't get... same with DT.

I just don't understand how a forum can become "tainted" by doing the EXACT same thing it's done since its inception.

For what it's worth, my crappy, no-good Christian opinion is this:

Anyone who has to "leave" or "walk away" from this place due to others expressing their own freedom of speech are hypocrites.

So much tolerance is preached by atheists... so many complaints of religious people being bigoted towards atheist because of their expressed view.

So what now? Because someone expressed a view that you disgree with, you leave? As nauseating as the view is, does that person not have the right to express it? Why are you entitled to your views and beliefs, but he is not?

The argument can be made that he is a predtor preying on children, but who are you to judge him? Especially, when there is no tangible evidence to support his claim. And, even if there was, that's for a court to decide, not some person on a forum.

If someone's freedom of speech evokes such an emotional response from you - especially considering the fact that it's only textual and not visual or incidental - then you may want to reconsider your own notion of tolerance.

You also may want to reconsider how an emotional response is evoked from you when prejudice is laid on you by the religious due to your beliefs.

DT and Hobbitgirl, I like both of you, and for all intents and purposes, I would consider you friends. I am not trying to "call you out" or attacking you, I simply want to shed a light on what seems to be a double standard among the atheist community.

And not just this pedo thing, I've addressed this issue many, many times. Online atheists, in GENERAL, are some of the biggest advocates for free speech until someone expresses a contrary view; they are then quick to cry for some sort of action be taken against the offender.

Again, I'm just a novelty around these part, so take my opinion with a grain of salt... it's just how I see it.

I can't say enough KC, you are right on the money.

Bowing

I knew we would find somewhere where we would agree!

06-07-2013, 12:07 AM

Stick to it all you like. You came here and tried to present pedophilia as a normal variant, and in fact its a disease state that needs treatment.
Atheism has nothing whatever to do with it. The reason you came here is because this board has a freedom of speech policy.
You are just plain sick.
You were not DRAGGED, (there is no word "drug" as the past participle of the verb "to drag", ... a drug is a medication), anywhere.
You tried to present a disease state as somehow acceptable, and you got push-back.

Wrong person Bucky. Similar screenname but not the same poster.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
06-07-2013, 12:14 AM

You are just plain sick.

I don't know who you think I am but I have no clue what you are talking about. My ex husband molested my son and I hope he rots in jail for what he did. He is a sick and disgusting man that needs to die for what he did if it was up to me. Their is no cure for it. And yes someone did tell me I was not normal for an atheist because of my political views. Like I care. Why are you being such an ass anyway?