So, whose forum is this, anyway?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2013, 06:59 PM
RE: So, whose forum is this, anyway?
Kids are in danger and we are to feel sympathy for the 'only in the mind' pedophile that is conflicted. I feel sick.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2013, 07:00 PM
(06-07-2013 06:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Kids are in danger and we are to feel sympathy for the 'only in the mind' pedophile that is conflicted. I feel sick.

That's a gross misrepresentation of many people's views.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
06-07-2013, 07:02 PM
It's not a misrepresentation of Ethan's story.

06-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Hughsie, please show me the misrepresentation...

Ethan Edwards
Occasional Poster

Likes Given: 0
RE: Pedophilia
(Today 06:49 PM)Hughsie Wrote:
... I'd wanna know. Not so I could treat him like shit, but so I knew not to ask him to babysit, or send the kids round to his house, or just generally do anything that may tempt him. However, if paedophiles feel they will be persecuted if they admit what they are then I'm more likely to have a paedophile three doors down and no idea.

I appreciate the thoughts, Hughsie, and think they are on target.

It's not always pedophiles trying to get close to kids. Here's an interesting story for you. One guy in our group has a brother, and a couple nieces who he's attracted to. As often happens, that attraction is (in part) really, really liking them, and the kids pick up on that and really like him too. So, when he visits they're friendly, and then sometimes all over his lap and then he finds that is very difficult for him. So he wants to tell his brother he'd rather not babysit, but he knows his brother will be offended, so he has to babysit anyway. The kids in this case will be unharmed, I'm pretty sure, but our group member is suffering. (I know I tried to think of a graceful excuse he could tell his brother).

Maybe some will say, "He should know he's a danger and tell his brother and turn himself in at once to the police." Maybe, but he's also human. He's got to estimate his own chances of offending and weigh that against ruining his own life by confessing. But it would sure be nice if he could tell his brother in confidence and be sure of a measured and appropriate response. Visiting the girls but not being forced to be alone with them, for instance.

06-07-2013, 07:05 PM
(06-07-2013 07:00 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(06-07-2013 06:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Kids are in danger and we are to feel sympathy for the 'only in the mind' pedophile that is conflicted. I feel sick.

That's a gross misrepresentation of many people's views.

Dude, that last story by Ethan, though it's not him, is flat out disturbing. Please, if you can rationalize that story and try to shine some light my way, do so.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
06-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Hughsie...see above Noah's post.

06-07-2013, 07:10 PM
(06-07-2013 07:05 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Dude, that last story by Ethan, though it's not him, is flat out disturbing. Please, if you can rationalize that story and try to shine some light my way, do so.

I'm not saying it's OK for him to be in that situation, nor am I saying my concern here is the uncle.

What I'm saying is that if the uncle felt comfortable enough to be honest then those girls would be safer. That would be more preferable to the current situation in my eyes.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
06-07-2013, 07:11 PM
And Ethan knows it wrong enough to delete it.

06-07-2013, 07:12 PM
(06-07-2013 07:10 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(06-07-2013 07:05 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Dude, that last story by Ethan, though it's not him, is flat out disturbing. Please, if you can rationalize that story and try to shine some light my way, do so.

I'm not saying it's OK for him to be in that situation, nor am I saying my concern here is the uncle.

What I'm saying is that if the uncle felt comfortable enough to be honest then those girls would be safer. That would be more preferable to the current situation in my eyes.

Perhaps you would find it in your heart to check the support section. Mom described it perfectly...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
06-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Faith in humanity, and this forum slipping rapid thanks to this thread.. Just sayin'.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post