So, whose forum is this, anyway?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2013, 07:13 AM
RE: So, whose forum is this, anyway?
(07-07-2013 07:04 AM)Dom Wrote:  There is no free speech here! Some are allowed to speak, and some are not.

In this case, every victim of abuse who stumbled into this landmine and blew up was further abused for it. They were told to shut up and go curl up in a corner. And many did, people have left, including the message board administrator who decided he could not run a site that promoted the thing that ruined his and so many other lives.

As atheists, we don't have our traumatic repressed memories buried under layers and layers of religious crap, we simply have it filed in a section of our brains where the things that are too hot to touch are kept. Unresolved files, files that, if viewed in their entirety, will cause mental break downs.

So, for atheists, this topic is twice as explosive. And neither the pedo posters nor the admin here understand a damn thing about it and have not bothered to research it either.

If there is free speech here, then all the victims can speak up as well. And while the great majority will not because it opens up a can of worms that will disrupt life as they know it completely, some of us are at a point where they try to take the bull by the horns.

It s disgusting how victims get dumped on here. Ban me if you must, I will NOT crawl into a corner with my pain, I am going to damn well speak up about it!

How had your free-speech being restricted. Free-speech means you can air your views without being silenced, not that you can air your views without being criticised.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2013, 07:17 AM
(07-07-2013 07:13 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 07:04 AM)Dom Wrote:  There is no free speech here! Some are allowed to speak, and some are not.

In this case, every victim of abuse who stumbled into this landmine and blew up was further abused for it. They were told to shut up and go curl up in a corner. And many did, people have left, including the message board administrator who decided he could not run a site that promoted the thing that ruined his and so many other lives.

As atheists, we don't have our traumatic repressed memories buried under layers and layers of religious crap, we simply have it filed in a section of our brains where the things that are too hot to touch are kept. Unresolved files, files that, if viewed in their entirety, will cause mental break downs.

So, for atheists, this topic is twice as explosive. And neither the pedo posters nor the admin here understand a damn thing about it and have not bothered to research it either.

If there is free speech here, then all the victims can speak up as well. And while the great majority will not because it opens up a can of worms that will disrupt life as they know it completely, some of us are at a point where they try to take the bull by the horns.

It s disgusting how victims get dumped on here. Ban me if you must, I will NOT crawl into a corner with my pain, I am going to damn well speak up about it!

How had your free-speech being restricted. Free-speech means you can air your views without being silenced, not that you can air your views without being criticised.

Again, pure ignorance. It takes the touch of a feather to shut up a victim who just started remembering. I am not putting myself through the misery of going through that thread and collecting quotes. Do it yourself.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-07-2013, 07:23 AM
Free-speech is about forcibly silencing someone. It would literally impossible to have a system of free-speech where no-one was allowed to upset anyone else.

If you have an idea though I'm all ears.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
07-07-2013, 07:35 AM
(07-07-2013 07:23 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Free-speech is about forcibly silencing someone. It would literally impossible to have a system of free-speech where no-one was allowed to upset anyone else.

If you have an idea though I'm all ears.

Like I have said many times over the months, put up a freaking separate forum that is not googled. What is so fucking hard about that? You are so crippled and you have such blinders on, all you can see is your OWN perception of free speech.

Ask all the abused folk here if they feel like they are allowed fee speech here. Why would Deep explode they way he did? Because is just an unstable idiot? Why would girly post in a manner that is not recognizable as his style? All subdued? Open your damn eyes ! We are HUMAN. We are not machines. You have done irreparable harm to some with your intransigent stance. What the fuck is so hard about opening an "enter at your own risk" section that would have helped many to avoid the landmine? And why are you promoting pediophilia on this site by allowing it to rank high in google for the term and boosting the pedo site through links to their site? As webmaster, the boost their site has gotten through this thread is worth some 5000 dollars. It is almost priceless. It has put them on the map.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-07-2013, 07:44 AM
And don't tell me these people are harmless because they didn't do anything. How do you know that? At the very least there is a plan of action for when they do do something:

(06-07-2013 04:36 PM)simgiran Wrote:  The main points I remember are: Never make the victim feel responsible for the abuse. (Unfortunately there is still too many people who do. It can make horrible harm.) Be there for the victims, tell them that what happened to may feel them bad, feel damaged and that in such case you are there for them.

Be there for the victim and comfort them? The abuser is to comfort the victim?

But no, there is no plan, the situation has not been thought through at all, these are just poor innocent people with an affliction. Innocent my ass!

07-07-2013, 07:47 AM
Firstly, I'm not holding them accountable for any hits generate to their site. They didn't force anyone to respond.

Secondly, like I said, the section is being discussed. If you really want further information I went into it, neutrally listened to the arguments for both sides, formed an opinion and posted that opinion yesterday whilst stating that if the team was in favour of doing the opposite I would accept that. No-one else has responded since. It's outta my hands at the moment. I still think it would solve nothing, this isn't about google hits, it's about people's emotions, and a new section won't remove those.

Oh, and I believe a yet to be resolved issue is what criteria would be used to determine what threads went in, as well as whether a thread would be judged in it's entirety or solely on the OP. I did have one suggestion made to me in private on a criteria, it was to put anything that discussed illegal activity in there. I like how it is clear and objective but I am also concerned about essentially creating an illegal activities section. I also think that putting pretty mild topics (such as marijuana regulations) in there will mean most people choose to enter and are thus still exposed to more controversial views. What do you think?

Best
Worst
07-07-2013, 07:57 AM
(07-07-2013 07:47 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Firstly, I'm not holding them accountable for any hits generate to their site. They didn't force anyone to respond.

Hits to their site is not the benefit, that is a negligible effect in the scope of SEO. It works this way:

TTA is a well established site, google has indexed it completely and it is aged properly.

Google decides which new sites are worthy of getting exposure by counting links from established sites with the same topic to new sites. (There are many other criteria, but tis one is the most powerful).

Every day, google cruises by here and counts posts in threads. The threads with the most posts get pushed up.

If such a popular thread contains links to a newer site, this site gets elevated along with the thread.

It's the oldest trick in the book to make your new site visible in google. It rarely is as successful as this one, the thread is sustaining itself for days with tons of posts.

The hits from here are not an issue. you maybe get 20 people going there.

Piggybacking on TTA's google standing brings hundreds or thousands of hits, depending on how lively that thread is.

The boost that TTA has given this site is invaluable. It alone has put it on the map.

So now we have facilitated hundreds or thousands of pedos to get in touch and learn about methods such as "comforting the victim ".

This could have been totally prevented by having a section that google does not monitor.

What about more of a 'trigger warning' approach? That covers a good chunk--pedophilia, rape, murder, suicide....I'm sure others I can't think of off the top of my head...

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Percepticon's post
Remove the pedo tread to
*ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.NOT FOR THE EMOTIONALLY WEAK* CONTROVERSIAL TOPICS
that aint google searchable.
(weak is the wrong word to use)

pedophilia tta google search

want to give theist ammo?

I changed my mind.
After seeing the hurt that the topic caused,i would like to see it moved or removed

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 2 users Like Lightvader's post
07-07-2013, 08:05 AM
Maybe 'emotionally susceptible' or 'emotionally vulnerable.'

I'm uncertain as to the TTA pedophilila google search.... What I mean is, how many people are going to search google with those terms? If they're aware of the forums, they'd just search the forums directly, no?

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user