Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2013, 02:51 PM
RE: So, whose forum is this, anyway?
Interesting thought Girly.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2013, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2013 03:09 PM by Atothetheist.)
(07-07-2013 02:33 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 02:28 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Yeah, that would have been a childish thing to do.

Yea, I would never do that (refer to my previous post plus the edited portion).

But let's explore that subject. What if I did that to you guys? Other than hating me, how would you feel about a forum with an influx of said types? Do you truly believe that you would stick to your free speech guns? Or do you admit that you might discover a limit somewhere in there?

I wouldn't ban them, but I would however not discuss with them. The shinning fact is that the majority of the people people here I've discussed with are interesting and comfrotable to be around.

However, when you do that shit, you have essentially KILLED this forum. You have made me no longer feel comfortable around, and those people are going to be the majority I would leave, but I still wouldn't advocate a ban.

Those people didn't come here of their own free will, they came here because you told them to.

I WOULD be so fucking pissed at you for ruining this place.

It is very childish: its like a five year old saying this "Hmph well since you all like pedophiles so much, How you you like it if I SEND A SHIT LOAD OF THEM AT YOU!!!!!!!!! Lolz then you will get my point."

Funny thing is, I bet you would even send the ones that actually agree with diddling kids. Both of the ones here disagree. That's ONE OF the reasons I am defending them to the extent I am.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
07-07-2013, 03:15 PM
(07-07-2013 03:02 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 02:33 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Yea, I would never do that (refer to my previous post plus the edited portion).

But let's explore that subject. What if I did that to you guys? Other than hating me, how would you feel about a forum with an influx of said types? Do you truly believe that you would stick to your free speech guns? Or do you admit that you might discover a limit somewhere in there?

I wouldn't ban them, but I would however not discuss with them. The shinning fact is that the majority of the people people here I've discussed with are interesting and comfrotable to be around.

However, when you do that shit, you have essentially KILLED this forum. You have made me no longer feel comfortable around, and those people are going to be the majority I would leave, but I still wouldn't advocate a ban.

Those people didn't come here of their own free will, they came here because you told them to.

I WOULD be so fucking pissed at you for ruining this place.

It is very childish: its like a five year old saying this "Hmph well since you all like pedophiles so much, How you you like it if I SEND A SHIT LOAD OF THEM AT YOU!!!!!!!!! Lolz then you will get my point."

Funny thing is, I bet you would even send the ones that actually agree with diddling kids. Both of the ones here disagree. That's ONE OF the reasons I am defending them to the extent I am.

LoL. That's fair man. So you don't have a limit to your conservation of Freedom of Speech, but you do have a limit for staying on a sinking ship. Gotcha.

EDIT: I would paste links without discrimination. I wouldn't read anything so there would be no way for me to know who does what. Again, I would NEVER do this.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-07-2013, 03:21 PM
By doing that, you are NOT solving the problem, you are making sure this forum get killed.

Now, I'm not saying this is how you are thinking, but this is how I think some of you who thought of this thought:

"Well, since I'm CLEARLY not getting my way, and people are advocating Free speech, I'm going to kill this forum, and then say it was their fault that they didn't side with me!!!! Lolz what a great idea."

I repeat by doing this, you are causing harm, and that would hurt your point more than benefit it.

I do have a limit on free speech; Hate speech.

If people are intentionally calling a black man a "N*gger," I will be the very first people to say, "Shut the fuck up you ignorant hateful bastard, and I will be one of those to advocate a ban."

Just like if there are actual threats of vilolence "Ban Him!"

There are limits, this issue just isn't one of them.

07-07-2013, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2013 03:27 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-07-2013 03:02 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 02:33 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Yea, I would never do that (refer to my previous post plus the edited portion).

I don't see it as childish at all. I see it as identifying the limits of your principles. It's a Gedankenexperiment. I know that the limits of my first and foremost fundamental principle of freedom of expression has been poked, prodded, stretched and tested these past few days, what would it take to poke, prod, stretch and test yours? That's all Noah's asking. Nothing childish about that. Constructive even.

(07-07-2013 03:21 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I repeat by doing this, you are causing harm, ...

Oh me, oh my, what should be done about those causing harm? ... Aye, and there's the rub. ...

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-07-2013, 03:30 PM
(07-07-2013 03:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 03:02 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  It is very childish: its like a five year old saying this "Hmph well since you all like pedophiles so much, How you you like it if I SEND A SHIT LOAD OF THEM AT YOU!!!!!!!!! Lolz then you will get my point."

I don't see it as childish at all. I see it as identifying the limits of your principles. It's a Gedankenexperiment. I know that the limits of my first and foremost fundamental principle of freedom of expression has been poked, prodded and stretched these past few days, what would it take to poke, prod and stretch yours? That's all Noah's asking. Nothing childish about that. Constructive even.

I was talking about the act of it. If he did it, it would be childish.

My limits are quite defined and I have set boundaries. It would only be constructive if this was a hard issue for me. However do to the fact that these two posters have no advocated pedophilia, have no done anything illegal while on the boards and have not issued threats of violence, and have not sock-puppeted or spammed and have not used any form of Hate speech this issue is clear cut to me

Until an issue has arisen where I am torn between letting them have their say, and telling them to shut the fuck up, I will not have to reevaluate my stance on it.

I was calling the act childish, not the idea behind the act of testing the limits of free speech. There are better ways to do that than Flooding the forum with undesirables.

Do you understand, Girly?

07-07-2013, 03:32 PM
(07-07-2013 01:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 01:43 PM)Humakt Wrote:  No it does not, the wording is specific in that the words must cause an "immediate" response. In that it specifies an immediate response, it is explictly not addressing the effects of a prolonged conversation.

Hmmm, I never even thought of conversation. The scene that flashed in front of my eyes was some sort of bully berating someone, and the berated person takes a swing at the bully.

You say "keeps on" this is not immediate.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-07-2013, 03:36 PM
(07-07-2013 03:32 PM)Humakt Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 01:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  Hmmm, I never even thought of conversation. The scene that flashed in front of my eyes was some sort of bully berating someone, and the berated person takes a swing at the bully.

You say "keeps on" this is not immediate.

Yes, I am thinking that there is likely some sort of threshold for people - one can take 2 insults without exploding, the other guy can take three... and the one who never explodes is irrelevant because he isn't getting punished for anything anyway.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Look, I'm not going to do that so we can drop the nature of the act discussion.

Girly is right, I wanted to know your limits as well as others. Now I know. You're right, there are better ways to find the limits. I just used one of them... a thought experiment.

Though this method relies on prediction. The actual act would prove it outright.

So moving along... hate speech? Is that bannable here? I don't remember seeing that rule. But isn't that free speech as well?

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-07-2013, 03:48 PM
(07-07-2013 03:46 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Look, I'm not going to do that so we can drop the nature of the act discussion.

Girly is right, I wanted to know your limits as well as others. Now I know. You're right, there are better ways to find the limits. I just used one of them... a thought experiment.

Though this method relies on prediction. The actual act would prove it outright.

So moving along... hate speech? Is that bannable here? I don't remember seeing that rule. But isn't that free speech as well?

Hate speech is MY limit, however context is everything to me.