So, whose forum is this, anyway?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2013, 03:49 PM
RE: So, whose forum is this, anyway?
(07-07-2013 03:48 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 03:46 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Look, I'm not going to do that so we can drop the nature of the act discussion.

Girly is right, I wanted to know your limits as well as others. Now I know. You're right, there are better ways to find the limits. I just used one of them... a thought experiment.

Though this method relies on prediction. The actual act would prove it outright.

So moving along... hate speech? Is that bannable here? I don't remember seeing that rule. But isn't that free speech as well?

Hate speech is MY limit, however context is everything to me.

That context thing... it can be a major bitch.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like NoahsFarce's post
07-07-2013, 03:50 PM
(07-07-2013 03:46 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Look, I'm not going to do that so we can drop the nature of the act discussion.

Girly is right, I wanted to know your limits as well as others. Now I know. You're right, there are better ways to find the limits. I just used one of them... a thought experiment.

Though this method relies on prediction. The actual act would prove it outright.

So moving along... hate speech? Is that bannable here? I don't remember seeing that rule. But isn't that free speech as well?

No it isn't or Girly would have been banned for his comment earlier.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
07-07-2013, 03:50 PM

Nope, I don't think it's banned. The word nigger has been flung around. Nazis have shown up to claim the holocaust was a farce. I don't really know how hate speech is defined. But the above are insulting to large groups of people.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-07-2013, 03:51 PM
(07-07-2013 03:50 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

No it isn't or Girly would have been banned for his comment earlier.

Would be a shame to not have Girly around. He was the first to up rep me! Yup, that's the ONLY reason I like you Girly Wink

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-07-2013, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2013 04:09 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-07-2013 03:30 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Until an issue has arisen where I am torn between letting them have their say, and telling them to shut the fuck up, I will not have to reevaluate my stance on it.

One positive thing to come from this for me is somewhere along the way I forgot that I should be constantly reevaluating and questioning all of my principles and stances all of the time. ... Dunno why I forgot that, just lazy thinking I'm thinking.

(07-07-2013 03:30 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I was calling the act childish, not the idea behind the act of testing the limits of free speech. There are better ways to do that than Flooding the forum with undesirables.

Do you understand, Girly?

Sure. Do you get that Noah was just posing a hypothetical thought experiment?

(07-07-2013 03:51 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Would be a shame to not have Girly around. He was the first to up rep me! Yup, that's the ONLY reason I like you Girly Wink

Fuckin' gook. Big Grin

(07-07-2013 03:49 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  That context thing... it can be a major bitch.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-07-2013, 04:01 PM
This forum has turn me into an alcoholic. I'm sure Near thanks you Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
07-07-2013, 04:04 PM
And last night, I went with a high gravity beer. Too bad that image hasn't left my head yet...

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes NoahsFarce's post
07-07-2013, 04:09 PM
I swear, I have no idea what happened to that bottle of wine. It was almost empty this morning when I spotted it....

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-07-2013, 04:11 PM
Its in my belly, as long with the sixpack in this last couple hgours
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
07-07-2013, 04:13 PM
(07-07-2013 04:11 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Its in my belly, as long with the sixpack in this last couple hgours

Couple hours? You gots to slow down a bit.