So, whose forum is this, anyway?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2013, 07:15 PM
RE: So, whose forum is this, anyway?
(07-07-2013 07:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 07:08 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Did I miss it? Because Chas, you seem to have been awfully non-active in this whole ordeal. Publicly I mean.

Did you miss what?

I have been on a road trip; I had mentioned that in a couple of posts a week or two ago.

I am in New Brunswick, but I temporarily have wireless access.

You missed nothing good, enjoy your vacation.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
07-07-2013, 07:18 PM
(07-07-2013 07:09 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 07:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  We'll see.Drinking Beverage

On this specific topic, it's solved.

We'll have an identical bust up next time someone controversial appears though.

While I can totally see that, I think the chances are less likely. This is because the safety of children is a very emotionally charged issue. You know the old saying, "Think about the children."

I think the only other topic that can come close to this is rape. But you know, I see that word used everywhere from video games to social media. "You got raped!" as in "owned."

But whatever.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-07-2013, 07:19 PM
(07-07-2013 07:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 07:08 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Did I miss it? Because Chas, you seem to have been awfully non-active in this whole ordeal. Publicly I mean.

Did you miss what?

I have been on a road trip; I had mentioned that in a couple of posts a week or two ago.

I am in New Brunswick, but I temporarily have wireless access.

I missed that lol. I only recently started being active again so that's that...

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Everyone hold off on the whole grains for awhile, eh?

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-07-2013, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2013 08:33 PM by Dark Light.)
(07-07-2013 01:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 01:16 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  We ain't arguing US Amendments as interpreted by some American court justices. We are arguing what speech is protected by the TTA's rules. As far as I can tell, all is fair 'cept threats.

Never hurts to consider smarter people than me's take on shit. Tongue

You can't bullshit me so easily, Girly.

(07-07-2013 02:41 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 02:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Oh I wasn't anywhere close to being done. Wink The statement that words can't injure is patently absurd.

Sure is. Because if someone calls me a gook, they are going to get injured without a doubt. Big Grin

That is one I got in trouble for before. Growing up, gook was a synonym for gunk. Example, "What did you find under the 'fridgerator?" "Nothin' 'cept a bunch of gook". I didn't hear it as a racial slur until I said there was some gook under some equipment in the Navy. Might not have been so bad if I weren't telling a Korean dude to clean it up. He wound up being a friend though.

07-07-2013, 08:26 PM
(07-07-2013 07:18 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  While I can totally see that, I think the chances are less likely. This is because the safety of children is a very emotionally charged issue. You know the old saying, "Think about the children."

I think the only other topic that can come close to this is rape. But you know, I see that word used everywhere from video games to social media. "You got raped!" as in "owned."

But whatever.

We will have it again. We have the whole free-speech thing every few months. Last time it was a holocaust denier, the time before that it was someone accusing a member of lying about having cancer, the time before that it was Egor being rude to someone.

This is just the latest in a long line.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
07-07-2013, 08:31 PM
(07-07-2013 08:26 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 07:18 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  While I can totally see that, I think the chances are less likely. This is because the safety of children is a very emotionally charged issue. You know the old saying, "Think about the children."

But whatever.

We will have it again. We have the whole free-speech thing every few months. Last time it was a holocaust denier, the time before that it was someone accusing a member of lying about having cancer, the time before that it was Egor being rude to someone.

LoL. Seems I have missed a great deal in my absence. None of those sound remotely as bad to me. I do remember tearing into a holocaust denier shortly before I left this forum (not because of the activity here, but because I was busy procreating).

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-07-2013, 08:33 PM
(07-07-2013 08:31 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 08:26 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  We will have it again. We have the whole free-speech thing every few months. Last time it was a holocaust denier, the time before that it was someone accusing a member of lying about having cancer, the time before that it was Egor being rude to someone.

LoL. Seems I have missed a great deal in my absence. None of those sound remotely as bad to me. I do remember tearing into a holocaust denier shortly before I left this forum (not because of the activity here, but because I was busy procreating).

Holy cow, you surely take a long time procreating....

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-07-2013, 08:39 PM
(07-07-2013 08:33 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 08:31 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  LoL. Seems I have missed a great deal in my absence. None of those sound remotely as bad to me. I do remember tearing into a holocaust denier shortly before I left this forum (not because of the activity here, but because I was busy procreating).

LoL. I had a hundred babies! Just so I can put a hundred more Asians behind the wheel! Muhwhahaha.

Actually, these two just take up a whole lot of my time. Times a little more free nowadays... just a little.

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-07-2013, 08:40 PM
(07-07-2013 08:33 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 08:31 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  LoL. Seems I have missed a great deal in my absence. None of those sound remotely as bad to me. I do remember tearing into a holocaust denier shortly before I left this forum (not because of the activity here, but because I was busy procreating).

I've gotten my time down to under 45 seconds, or twice on a commercial break. The lucky lady barely has time to realize what's happening before I am handing her a towel. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post