So, whose forum is this, anyway?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: So, whose forum is this, anyway?
(08-07-2013 06:55 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 06:52 AM)Dom Wrote:  Are they causing severe issues for a number of people? Community , man, not individuals.

So if several people came to me and said your posts were causing them issues I should silence you?

Yes. You should send me a PM and ask me to cut it out because I was hurting people.

I don't know what your obsession with the ban hammer is. We are people. We can be talked to.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2013, 06:58 AM
Nobody forced anyone to read the thread, and those who were more affected by it just couldn't stop posting in it. You guys forced your issues on all of us.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
08-07-2013, 07:03 AM
(08-07-2013 06:58 AM)Dom Wrote:  Yes. You should send me a PM and ask me to cut it out because I was hurting people.

I don't know what your obsession with the ban hammer is. We are people. We can be talked to.

Great, so next time people attack free-speech I can post a thread calling for all who think free-speech should be protected to contact me and tell me how hurt they are by the attacks. I can then silence all who've attacked it.

I would never do that (because I am one of the few people here who actually believes in free-speech, most here only believe in themselves having it, not those who oppose them), but it's nice to know you would support such an action if I did.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
08-07-2013, 07:08 AM
(08-07-2013 06:58 AM)nach_in Wrote:  Nobody forced anyone to read the thread, and those who were more affected by it just couldn't stop posting in it. You guys forced your issues on all of us.

You totally do not understand what PTS is. One look, one trigger, and the person finds him/herself thinking and acting like a little child during abuse. Flashback. Except this time the adult watches and the terror of it all becomes totally apparent. It completely destroys a person. Everything you thought you were, you are not. Everything you believed in, you do not. You are no more. It is the worst damn thing and it destroys an entire life in a second flat. It does not require repeat viewing. You only repeat view if you are strong enough to fight. I fought. Others crawled in a corner and curled up. You can be here talking about it now, they are still curled up in a corner. How could you possible let this happen to real people because YOU have some ideal principle.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-07-2013, 07:16 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2013 07:20 AM by nach_in.)
(08-07-2013 07:08 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 06:58 AM)nach_in Wrote:  Nobody forced anyone to read the thread, and those who were more affected by it just couldn't stop posting in it. You guys forced your issues on all of us.

You totally do not understand what PTS is. One look, one trigger, and the person finds him/herself thinking and acting like a little child during abuse. Flashback. Except this time the adult watches and the terror of it all becomes totally apparent. It completely destroys a person. Everything you thought you were, you are not. Everything you believed in, you do not. You are no more. It is the worst damn thing and it destroys an entire life in a second flat. It does not require repeat viewing. You only repeat view if you are strong enough to fight. I fought. Others crawled in a corner and curled up. You can be here talking about it now, they are still curled up in a corner. How could you possible let this happen to real people because YOU have some ideal principle.

So get off the internet then, there's even a meme based on the topic!
I know I sound cold, and I don't know your pain, but I undersand how it can affect you. But I actually wanted to see a serious discussion at first about it and you just keep derailing it and paying attention to it.
If the word was too much maybe changing the title was enough. If just the idea of it is too hard, then you need to get professional help, because that level of sensitivity will cripple you anywhere, not just in a forum.

EDIT: btw, why on earth would you go to that new thread?

08-07-2013, 07:28 AM
(08-07-2013 07:16 AM)nach_in Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 07:08 AM)Dom Wrote:  You totally do not understand what PTS is. One look, one trigger, and the person finds him/herself thinking and acting like a little child during abuse. Flashback. Except this time the adult watches and the terror of it all becomes totally apparent. It completely destroys a person. Everything you thought you were, you are not. Everything you believed in, you do not. You are no more. It is the worst damn thing and it destroys an entire life in a second flat. It does not require repeat viewing. You only repeat view if you are strong enough to fight. I fought. Others crawled in a corner and curled up. You can be here talking about it now, they are still curled up in a corner. How could you possible let this happen to real people because YOU have some ideal principle.

So get off the internet then, there's even a meme based on the topic!
I know I sound cold, and I don't know your pain, but I undersand how it can affect you. But I actually wanted to see a serious discussion at first about it and you just keep derailing it and paying attention to it.
If the word was too much maybe changing the title was enough. If just the idea of it is too hard, then you need to get professional help, because that level of sensitivity will cripple you anywhere, not just in a forum.

I am not the curled up victim anymore, I am the angry one. I had my PTS attack when "HE" died years ago. I am in recovery. And when I see a trigger now, I snap into anger that I cannot control.

You are going to deny me access to the internet because some asshole raped me when I was 4 years old and kept doing it until I was 8? Now I am supposed to do - what - spend the rest of my life curled up in a corner? You are off your rocker. I do just fine, I have been online for 13 years, I even work online.

But I am going to fight for victims anywhere and everywhere I encounter shit that makes my friends lose their life as they know it.

And I am most certainly not going to watch someone do this to people ON PURPOSE because someone's "principles" rank higher than human beings.

Not going to happen, my friend.

08-07-2013, 07:36 AM
(08-07-2013 07:28 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 07:16 AM)nach_in Wrote:  So get off the internet then, there's even a meme based on the topic!

I am not the curled up victim anymore, I am the angry one. I had my PTS attack when "HE" died years ago. I am in recovery. And when I see a trigger now, I snap into anger that I cannot control.

You are going to deny me access to the internet because some asshole raped me when I was 4 years old and kept doing it until I was 8? Now I am supposed to do - what - spend the rest of my life curled up in a corner? You are off your rocker. I do just fine, I have been online for 13 years, I even work online.

But I am going to fight for victims anywhere and everywhere I encounter shit that makes my friends lose their life as they know it.

And I am most certainly not going to watch someone do this to people ON PURPOSE because someone's "principles" rank higher than human beings.

You misunderstood me completely. I'm sorry, I don't think I can express myself in a way you can get why I want to say and your feelings are too strong to understand me on your own.
Lets just leave at that, I don't want to get into a semantics fight, agreed?

08-07-2013, 07:38 AM
(08-07-2013 07:36 AM)nach_in Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 07:28 AM)Dom Wrote:  I am not the curled up victim anymore, I am the angry one. I had my PTS attack when "HE" died years ago. I am in recovery. And when I see a trigger now, I snap into anger that I cannot control.

You misunderstood me completely. I'm sorry, I don't think I can express myself in a way you can get why I want to say and your feelings are too strong to understand me on your own.

Seth posted in his thread. Read it.

08-07-2013, 07:46 AM
(08-07-2013 07:38 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 07:36 AM)nach_in Wrote:  You misunderstood me completely. I'm sorry, I don't think I can express myself in a way you can get what I want to say and your feelings are too strong to understand me on your own.

Seth posted in his thread. Read it.

I read it, I don't feel identified with his description of "the free speech crowd". I completely agree with preventing this site to be a platform for promoting pedophilia.
I don't think that's what was going on, I think it was just another debate. I wanted to debate from my background in law and gender studies.
Understanding the limits of rights (any kind of right in any context) is a core part of what I do for a living, free speech included. I don't think that the thread was trespassing a line.
I think I wasn't being childish

08-07-2013, 07:47 AM
(08-07-2013 07:36 AM)nach_in Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 07:28 AM)Dom Wrote:  I am not the curled up victim anymore, I am the angry one. I had my PTS attack when "HE" died years ago. I am in recovery. And when I see a trigger now, I snap into anger that I cannot control.

No fights. Smile We should be a team.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post