So why aren't sex-equality lobbyists attacking this obvious oversight.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 11:45 AM
RE: So why aren't sex-equality lobbyists attacking this obvious oversight.
(04-06-2014 11:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 11:37 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  It was a joke, okay.
I shouldn't have been so serious.
(This was a joke about what feminists say about men.)
Okay. Nobody go on about this topic.
DO NOT QUOTE ME!
JUST FORGET IT, OKAY! Sadcryface2

lol whew.

I really didn't know what to say to that.

Sarcasm font would be great.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
04-06-2014, 11:52 AM
(04-06-2014 10:47 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  I think it's because male teachers are more prone to:
Beat the kids up
Molest them
Yell all of the time.
I'm serious. I know this... Drinking Beverage

By adding the coffee emote it becomes obviously sarcastic.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
05-06-2014, 01:05 AM
(04-06-2014 07:17 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Elementary and preschool male teachers

I don't think I've ever seen or heard of one. My first male teacher was in 7th grade, and it was a culture shock to me because of the vast difference from what I was used to.

I honestly think young children could benefit from male teachers. If anything, they can be a positive male role model for those that don't have fathers.

Why isn't this subject ever talked about? Why aren't there sex-equality groups out there trying to raise the percentages of elementary male teachers?

Actually, this is a very real and often spoken of topic in public education in the US. Men are needed in all grade levels to serve as role models; no one doubts this.

The gender inequality in public education is choice. Most men do not choose public education because it is considered a women's calling/work--requires caregiving.

It is also one of the most least valued career choices that requires a BA/MA--pays poor.

I have just spent 5 years in America's 6th largest school district. Who are the top choices for new teachers? Men, not women because of the under representation of men in the field. Yet still, the men are grossly under represented.

Why? Their choice.

As grade levels rise the more increase in male teachers. You will find just as many women interested in teaching kinder as any other grade. Not so with the men; they tend to care not for the menial task of wiping a nose, so to speak.

Fact: the men wanting to teach in public school get, quicker than the speed of light, hired.

We are under a history of gendered related jobs. And, the truth is, and still is, most men shy away from doing what is considered women's work.

Men are becoming more interested in nursing, but still considered a woman's calling--caregiving.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
05-06-2014, 01:15 AM
My first male teacher was 2nd grade. He was a total Ben Stien, and he told us that dinosaurs died from smoking too many cigars. His name was Mr. Hickman. I don't know why I remember him so clearly. Maybe because he was also the 5th grade science teacher when I reached 5th grade.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
05-06-2014, 01:27 AM

I don't think I've ever seen or heard of one. My first male teacher was in 7th grade, and it was a culture shock to me because of the vast difference from what I was used to.

I honestly think young children could benefit from male teachers. If anything, they can be a positive male role model for those that don't have fathers.

Why isn't this subject ever talked about? Why aren't there sex-equality groups out there trying to raise the percentages of elementary male teachers?

For whatever irrational reason, parents don't seem to like male teachers instructing their kids in the younger stages... With the exception of sports teachers and coaches...

Though I can understand if a teacher chooses to not go into the younger classes. I know I would try to avoid it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-06-2014, 01:48 AM
(05-06-2014 01:27 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  For whatever irrational reason, parents don't seem to like male teachers instructing their kids in the younger stages... With the exception of sports teachers and coaches...

Though I can understand if a teacher chooses to not go into the younger classes. I know I would try to avoid it.

You are most likely right. I know of only one male teacher in Pre-K. The kids and the parents just loved him though. My brother-in-law taught physically challenged elementary children. The work gave him great satisfaction.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
05-06-2014, 02:22 AM

I clearly remember a black male fifth grade elementary school teacher.

Angel
05-06-2014, 03:20 AM
(04-06-2014 07:51 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 07:50 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yabut, they were injured in the Civil War and couldn't return to the front lines.

The amazing part is it took 6 grades to teach how to hunt megafauna and make fire. Drinking Beverage

Chas's Law is in full effect. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-06-2014, 03:27 AM
(05-06-2014 03:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 07:51 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The amazing part is it took 6 grades to teach how to hunt megafauna and make fire. Drinking Beverage

Chas's Law is in full effect. Drinking Beverage

It was always going to happen.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-06-2014, 03:42 AM
Actually my second grade teacher was male.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube