So, why is no one talking about Global Warming with two "100 year" hurricanes ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2012, 09:47 AM
So, why is no one talking about Global Warming with two "100 year" hurricanes ?
in 18 months ?
Why are people allowed to build on beaches that are obviously going to get flooded ?
Are the seas really rising ?
What will this mean for the future ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study. "I believe Mr. Peanut is the Messiah" -- onlinebiker
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2012, 09:51 AM
RE: So, why is no one talking about Global Warming with two "100 year" hurricanes ?
Uh, haven't you heard? There is no "global warming". In fact, the planetary average temperature has been declining for about a decade. So now we're all saying "climate change" instead.

You see, our greenhouse gas emissions made the planet warm up for 30 years or so. But now our greenhouse gas emissions are causing the planet to cool down. Ignore the fact that history shows us that the planet goes through warming/cooling cycles that are about 30 years long each, and has been doing so since long before mankind's greenhouse gas emissions were a factor.

So really, it's climate change, it's going to kill us all by either warming the planet up or cooling it down, and the only thing you can do to stop it is to send as much money as you can to Al Gore and he'll save you.

Gore bless you, child.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 3 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
30-10-2012, 09:53 AM
RE: So, why is no one talking about Global Warming with two "100 year" hurricanes ?
I'd rather talk about chicks. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
30-10-2012, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2012 10:26 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(30-10-2012 09:51 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Uh, haven't you heard? There is no "global warming". In fact, the planetary average temperature has been declining for about a decade. So now we're all saying "climate change" instead.

You see, our greenhouse gas emissions made the planet warm up for 30 years or so. But now our greenhouse gas emissions are causing the planet to cool down. Ignore the fact that history shows us that the planet goes through warming/cooling cycles that are about 30 years long each, and has been doing so since long before mankind's greenhouse gas emissions were a factor.

So really, it's climate change, it's going to kill us all by either warming the planet up or cooling it down, and the only thing you can do to stop it is to send as much money as you can to Al Gore and he'll save you.

Gore bless you, child.

Well that certainly explains the rising sea levels, melting Polar ice caps and the frequency of weather events doesn't it . Consider

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study. "I believe Mr. Peanut is the Messiah" -- onlinebiker
30-10-2012, 10:03 AM
(30-10-2012 09:47 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  in 18 months ?
Why are people allowed to build on beaches that are obviously going to get flooded ?

It is simple physics that by injecting greenhouse gases into the atmosphere more heat will be trapped by the atmosphere. The total energy of the system will increase and the weather - a semi-stable chaotic system - will become more chaotic.

To deny this is to deny reason.

The interesting questions are:
How much of an effect do anthropogenic sources have?
Are there natural mitigating effects?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-10-2012, 10:14 AM
News flash: Global Climate Change has been occurring for 4.5 billion years. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
30-10-2012, 10:43 AM
It's a conspiracy! Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
30-10-2012, 10:47 AM
(30-10-2012 10:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  It's a conspiracy! Big Grin

Revenge of the Reptilian Dinopods!

[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
30-10-2012, 12:41 PM
(30-10-2012 09:47 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  in 18 months ?

There was nothing special about those hurricanes.
30-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Hm, I'm not an expert in this area, but this morning I read a nice article on approx. this topic: http://qz.com/21156/how-global-warming-h...nkenstorm/

Enjoy. Smile

[Image: s1hlsk.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes le_procyon's post