So, why is no one talking about Global Warming with two "100 year" hurricanes ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2012, 05:54 PM
RE: So, why is no one talking about Global Warming with two "100 year" hurricanes ?
Gore fucked the planet over.
People associate global warming with Gore and so they don't take it seriously.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2012, 06:14 PM
RE: So, why is no one talking about Global Warming with two "100 year" hurricanes ?
Sarcastic inappropriate response incoming.

Well you see its all that gay sex that is heating up the atmosphere.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
30-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Bah... global warming...

Going to put this as straight forward as I can. I dont' give a fuck about global warming... global cooling... in fact i'm really not going to give a fuck what happens to this earth after I'm dead anyhow.. you know why? Cause I'll be fucking dead.

Ahhh yes ... so then your probrably thinking .. well what about the children... save the children.. a future for the children... ....

Fuck the children! .. Ya know why? Because I'll be dead.. haha... *sigh*
They going to be facing more problems than having to worry about global warming anyhow... ... I'll just pick one outta the bunch and let you guys brainstorm the rest.. global overpopulation for one... which would lead too.....

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
31-10-2012, 07:46 AM
Aseptic: http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-w...ediate.htm

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
31-10-2012, 11:06 AM
My house lost power for about a day during Sandy and I have a longer post to write about that later. But during the outage I talked to a friend and we talked about the increasing frequency of such storms. I've lived here for 40 years, and we have never lost power (before Sandy) for more than a few hours. For us, power outages were minor inconveniences: get some candles and sit and try to squint at cards in candlelight for a couple hours before the power returns. I was on a sort of fence with regards to preparations, i.e. generators and food and whatnot, because our power company almost always has the power back on very quickly. I appreciate them, truly. But if this kind of thing is on the rise, we might have another bad storm like this, and soon. Regardless of its causes, it's something that concerns and frightens me.

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss
31-10-2012, 12:17 PM
(31-10-2012 07:46 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Aseptic: http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-w...ediate.htm

Yeah, yeah, I'm not enough of a statistician to make much sense of all that.

I do know that some scientists say it's warming, others say it's cooling. Some say it's our fault, others say the planet does this all the time with or without us. I can't help but notice that the ones screaming the loudest about "Climate Change" are also the ones getting the richest from grants, donations, and selling stuff to "fix" the problem.

It's also interesting that some scientists are saying that a warmer planet will really help with food shortages and go a long way toward ending starvation. So maybe we should warm it up a bit.

With all that data (opinions?) flying around, I tend to aim for the middle and assume it's all partially right. There has been warming and cooling, and it's probably somewhat our fault.

I really don't know.

My initial post was trying to make fun of that, not spout any specific opinion of my own.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
31-10-2012, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2012 07:51 PM by Diablo666.)
(31-10-2012 12:17 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Yeah, yeah, I'm not enough of a statistician to make much sense of all that.
Cant even read a graph that shows a line going higher.... Hint: That line describes the temp going up each year!

Yet you post a comment as if you know your ass from a hole in the ground.

(31-10-2012 12:17 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 07:46 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Aseptic: http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-w...ediate.htm

I do know that some scientists say it's warming, others say it's cooling. Some say it's our fault, others say the planet does this all the time with or without us. I can't help but notice that the ones screaming the loudest about "Climate Change" are also the ones getting the richest from grants, donations, and selling stuff to "fix" the problem.

Some...yah only 98% of climatologist agree accelerated climate change is occurring. I don't think you could even find one on the oil companies payroll that would say the planet isn't warming though....

(30-10-2012 09:51 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Uh, haven't you heard? There is no "global warming". In fact, the planetary average temperature has been declining for about a decade. So now we're all saying "climate change" instead.

You see, our greenhouse gas emissions made the planet warm up for 30 years or so. But now our greenhouse gas emissions are causing the planet to cool down. Ignore the fact that history shows us that the planet goes through warming/cooling cycles that are about 30 years long each, and has been doing so since long before mankind's greenhouse gas emissions were a factor.

So really, it's climate change, it's going to kill us all by either warming the planet up or cooling it down, and the only thing you can do to stop it is to send as much money as you can to Al Gore and he'll save you.

Gore bless you, child.
me thinks you are a fucking moron

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperature_record
31-10-2012, 11:09 PM
Have you guys heard of Climate Gate?
31-10-2012, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2012 11:29 PM by Janus.)
Why talk about the obvious?
Maybe if we don't talk about it it will go away...
Because there's of course fuck all we can do about it except adapt to a changing situation: move to higher ground. Yes, that means abandoning all our mega cities... before the end of this century!
That'll shake up humanity.
01-11-2012, 02:51 AM
(30-10-2012 06:14 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Sarcastic inappropriate response incoming.

Well you see its all that gay sex that is heating up the atmosphere.

Must be all the friction. Drinking Beverage

There , equally inappropriate.