So why was Stalin a bad guy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2012, 07:47 PM
RE: So why was Stalin a bad guy?
(21-10-2012 07:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 07:39 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  I don't think he was a bad person. I think he made some poor descions in pursuit of the greater good and was painted in a negative light because of this.

Really? He was just misunderstood? Or just unlucky?
Well we have no record of him enjoying the killing or torture of others. All I see is a man trying to reinvent a country as quickly as possible. For this machinent Stalin chose to grease the wheels with blood.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2012, 07:52 PM
(21-10-2012 07:47 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 07:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  Really? He was just misunderstood? Or just unlucky?
Well we have no record of him enjoying the killing or torture of others. All I see is a man trying to reinvent a country as quickly as possible. For this machinent Stalin chose to grease the wheels with blood.

That would make him a bad person, in my estimation.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
21-10-2012, 07:56 PM
to put it another way.

I have trouble thinking anyone is truly bad. No one sets out to do what Stalin did without some serious issues or trauma. If here had been someone to help him things might have turned out differently.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

21-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Having mental issues, or good intentions, does not excuse his immoral actions.

Timoth McVeigh thought he was doing the right thing. He was still a monster responsible for the deaths of 168 people including children.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
21-10-2012, 08:07 PM
but if someone had worked out his issues would he have done that?

21-10-2012, 08:11 PM
he killed millions on purpose or he killed millions on accident is bullshit.

There is no evidence that he was responsible for mass deaths.
21-10-2012, 08:19 PM
NKVD Order no. 00447

He's responsible for at least tens of thousands, which is enough.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
21-10-2012, 08:22 PM
(21-10-2012 08:11 PM)I and I Wrote:  he killed millions on purpose or he killed millions on accident is bullshit.

There is plenty of evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
21-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Re: RE: So why was Stalin a bad guy?
TRot
(21-10-2012 08:11 PM)I and I Wrote:  he killed millions on purpose or he killed millions on accident is bullshit.

Yes there is, what is your reason against this?

He is known to be the leader in charge that pushed out contemporaries with opposing views that holds him as a dictator in control of decisions.

The released Russian documents are the numbers references I made. Not the propaganda.

Reports are he sentenced 800,000 to be executed.. Not all were, some just went to live imprisonment. These were the opposing revolutionaries as convicted. But over 2 mil were prisoners. That is from 1930 on which doesn't count the 7 prior years it what he did along with Lenin.

And when you have high control. There is no accidental death. If you fail to provide sufficient living for survival while you have a palace, you are responsible! just as a drink driver is responsible for a death if they know they had drinks and still Drove.. It's no longer an accident when you make that choice.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
21-10-2012, 08:36 PM
(21-10-2012 08:26 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  TRot

Yes there is, what is your reason against this?

He is known to be the leader in charge that pushed out contemporaries with opposing views that holds him as a dictator in control of decisions.

The released Russian documents are the numbers references I made. Not the propaganda.

Reports are he sentenced 800,000 to be executed.. Not all were, some just went to live imprisonment. These were the opposing revolutionaries as convicted. But over 2 mil were prisoners. That is from 1930 on which doesn't count the 7 prior years it what he did along with Lenin.

And when you have high control. There is no accidental death. If you fail to provide sufficient living for survival while you have a palace, you are responsible! just as a drink driver is responsible for a death if they know they had drinks and still Drove.. It's no longer an accident when you make that choice.

But I thought you didn't care about that, because right now more americans are incarcerated than there ever was at one time under Stalin. One bothers you enough to call it bad and one doesn't, why is that?