So why was Stalin a bad guy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2012, 09:41 PM
RE: So why was Stalin a bad guy?
I'm in a Soviet history class. My professor has been to Russia many times researching.

Stalin's own hand wrote "kill them all" in Russian on list after list after list of "criminals and enemies of the people."

Stalin also initiated the Russian terror with the assassination of a political enemy.

Ever read "Sofia Petrovna"? It has a good viewpoint from the regular citizen of the time.

-summum ius, summa iniuria.-M. T. Cicero
-I will show you fear in a handful of dust.-T.S. Eliot
-
ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2012, 10:28 PM
I think it's safe to say that most western views of Stalin are in the same group as the "george washington cherry tree story" made up bullshit that serves a purpose.

Most of what originated as early anti-stalin news and reports were from news papers owned by William Randolph Hearst. Hearst was a known Hitler supporter and even visited hitler, he also lifted many of the anti-communist/anti-russian propaganda stories right from german newspapers.

But I don't expect sheep to know that.
22-10-2012, 10:35 PM
So it's all a conspiracy and brainwashing. Mhm, yep, dem dere gov'mint folks wanna keep the sheeple in line, mhmm!

[Image: 28750341.jpg]

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
22-10-2012, 10:41 PM
(22-10-2012 10:35 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  So it's all a conspiracy and brainwashing. Mhm, yep, dem dere gov'mint folks wanna keep the sheeple in line, mhmm!

[Image: 28750341.jpg]

are you stupid? do you even know who William Randolph Hearst was?

I fucking love how any critique of the U.S. government or it's fairy tales is met with criticism Rolleyes

we all know that you are dumb as a rock. you probably aren't aware of project paper clips either, or that poweful U.S. businessmen did business with Hitler before and during the war.

Hey, that rock, go climb back under it.
22-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Yerp, businessmen in the US did business with the leader of one of the most powerful countries in the world before the countries declare war on each other, clearly the US supported Hitler. Right? Hobo

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
22-10-2012, 10:47 PM
(22-10-2012 10:44 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Yerp, businessmen in the US did business with the leader of one of the most powerful countries in the world before the countries declare war on each other, clearly the US supported Hitler. Right? Hobo

no stupid, U.S. businessmen did business with germany before (well into the holocaust by that point) and DURING the war. Read that last part.

IBM was helping germany get early computing machines to keep track of the millions of prisoners. mmmmmm smells like capitalism.
22-10-2012, 10:49 PM
(22-10-2012 10:28 PM)I and I Wrote:  I think it's safe to say that most western views of Stalin are in the same group as the "george washington cherry tree story" made up bullshit that serves a purpose.

Most of what originated as early anti-stalin news and reports were from news papers owned by William Randolph Hearst. Hearst was a known Hitler supporter and even visited hitler, he also lifted many of the anti-communist/anti-russian propaganda stories right from german newspapers.

Can you stop being willfully ignorant for a second and actually look at the evidence that is being presented to you? Read the entire Wikipedia article entry about Stalin, look at the references and do your own research. Once you've done that, you can come back and write a coherent rebuttal to the claims made about him. If you choose to stay ignorant and continue with your inane ramblings, I'm going to join the others in ignoring your future posts.

Good luck.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
22-10-2012, 10:51 PM
You edited your post, methinks. That wasn't there when I read it. Anyway, I should care why? IBM made guns for the US and computers for Hitler, this adds up to omgUSisevil? IBM isn't tied to the government. You can boycott IBM if you want to, I think they'll definitely be hurting from all the server CPU sales lost from your critique of what they did seventy years. ago. Hobo

Also, citation. Hobo

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
22-10-2012, 11:03 PM
(22-10-2012 10:49 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 10:28 PM)I and I Wrote:  I think it's safe to say that most western views of Stalin are in the same group as the "george washington cherry tree story" made up bullshit that serves a purpose.

Can you stop being willfully ignorant for a second and actually look at the evidence that is being presented to you? Read the entire Wikipedia article entry about Stalin, look at the references and do your own research. Once you've done that, you can come back and write a coherent rebuttal to the claims made about him. If you choose to stay ignorant and continue with your inane ramblings, I'm going to join the others in ignoring your future posts.

Good luck.

I was told by others here that wikipedia isn't a good source of evidence. you need to consult with them.
22-10-2012, 11:04 PM
(22-10-2012 10:47 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 10:44 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Yerp, businessmen in the US did business with the leader of one of the most powerful countries in the world before the countries declare war on each other, clearly the US supported Hitler. Right? Hobo

no stupid, U.S. businessmen did business with germany before (well into the holocaust by that point) and DURING the war. Read that last part.

IBM was helping germany get early computing machines to keep track of the millions of prisoners. mmmmmm smells like capitalism.

You know that killing of Jews didn't actually start until into the war and then the concentration camps weren't actually discovered until later into the war when Allied forces started pushing into Germany etc..

And considering that Germany was a global superpower even after it's defeat of WW1 thanks to Hitler (Hitler made it a super power again) it comes as no surprise that US businessmen would do business with Germany prior to and including the war (remember, America didn't even enter the war until the Japs bombed Pearl Harbor).
In fact during WW2 there were many German sympathizers.

Up to the point where it was discovered what was happening to the Jews Hitler was not this great monster that he is seen as today.

This isn't about America being sparkly clean and good. Stalin being a bit of a cunt has NOTHING to do with America. It's just fact.

Why the fuck are there so many trolls lately?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.