So why was Stalin a bad guy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2012, 11:04 PM
RE: So why was Stalin a bad guy?
(22-10-2012 10:51 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  You edited your post, methinks. That wasn't there when I read it. Anyway, I should care why? IBM made guns for the US and computers for Hitler, this adds up to omgUSisevil? IBM isn't tied to the government. You can boycott IBM if you want to, I think they'll definitely be hurting from all the server CPU sales lost from your critique of what they did seventy years. ago. Hobo

Also, citation. Hobo

http://www.ibmandtheholocaust.com/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Goooood doggie. Now why should I care?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
22-10-2012, 11:10 PM
(22-10-2012 11:07 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Goooood doggie. Now why should I care?

so citations are important and not important at the same time....
22-10-2012, 11:11 PM
(22-10-2012 11:03 PM)I and I Wrote:  I was told by others here that wikipedia isn't a good source of evidence. you need to consult with them.
I see you have no interest in a genuine discussion and educating yourself. Goodbye.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
22-10-2012, 11:40 PM
(22-10-2012 11:10 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 11:07 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Goooood doggie. Now why should I care?

so citations are important and not important at the same time....

No, I asked you a question before asking for a citation. You provided the citation, so I repeated my earlier question. Why does it matter that IBM sold stuff to Hitler?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
23-10-2012, 11:23 AM
OK I did some more research and thought about this for a bit.

Stalin was an asshole /story

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
[+] 1 user Likes Xinoftruden's post
23-10-2012, 11:36 AM
I think I understand the point of the question, and to an extent, I agree with what it's getting at.

If you call Stalin an "evil" or "bad" guy, you can't be a hypocrite and ignore all of the "evil" and "bad" that goes on, or attempt to, in displaying a sort of convenient disregard for the use of objectivity, reason and logic, defend other activities as not as bad or not making up evil.*

I remember a thread about "Why Is Being Successful A Crime?". I only see it fitting to ask, why is Stalin's successes and/or path to success a crime, immoral, bad, evil, or however you want to paint it?

It's okay for those not being hypocritical in labeling people as evil; but a lot of people like to look at the traits and attributes that make up the character of a guy like Stalin as positive, even looking at the aim of the types of actions he took as positive, but given Stalin's specific circumstances, label Stalin as evil, while ignoring that the make up of his actions and character, that is being described as evil, goes not only ignored as evil but promoted in certain situations.

*actually you can do those things, I'd just like to point out that, that's what is going on.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
23-10-2012, 12:25 PM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2012 12:28 PM by I and I.)
(23-10-2012 11:36 AM)TrulyX Wrote:  I think I understand the point of the question, and to an extent, I agree with what it's getting at.

If you call Stalin an "evil" or "bad" guy, you can't be a hypocrite and ignore all of the "evil" and "bad" that goes on, or attempt to, in displaying a sort of convenient disregard for the use of objectivity, reason and logic, defend other activities as not as bad or not making up evil.*

I remember a thread about "Why Is Being Successful A Crime?". I only see it fitting to ask, why is Stalin's successes and/or path to success a crime, immoral, bad, evil, or however you want to paint it?

It's okay for those not being hypocritical in labeling people as evil; but a lot of people like to look at the traits and attributes that make up the character of a guy like Stalin as positive, even looking at the aim of the types of actions he took as positive, but given Stalin's specific circumstances, label Stalin as evil, while ignoring that the make up of his actions and character, that is being described as evil, goes not only ignored as evil but promoted in certain situations.

*actually you can do those things, I'd just like to point out that, that's what is going on.

Remember when Churchill and the Brittish empire hated Stalin? yeah, that is the pot calling the kettle black.

For the most part, peoples standards change when one group is considered an enemy or not an enemy. Like not calling Churchill evil but calling Stalin Evil. or how the west supports dictators that are our bitch but hates dictators that aren't our bitch, the dictators that aren't our bitch are the evil ones of course.
23-10-2012, 07:25 PM
(23-10-2012 12:25 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(23-10-2012 11:36 AM)TrulyX Wrote:  I think I understand the point of the question, and to an extent, I agree with what it's getting at.

Remember when Churchill and the Brittish empire hated Stalin? yeah, that is the pot calling the kettle black.

For the most part, peoples standards change when one group is considered an enemy or not an enemy. Like not calling Churchill evil but calling Stalin Evil. or how the west supports dictators that are our bitch but hates dictators that aren't our bitch, the dictators that aren't our bitch are the evil ones of course.

God damn you just don't get it.

This isn't about being a hypocrite.
Stalin killed roughly 20million people.
Killing 20million people is bad.
Hence, Stalin is bad.

If Churchill was the one that killed 20million people then the conclusion would be the same except with Churchill.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
24-10-2012, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2012 08:15 AM by TrulyX.)
(23-10-2012 07:25 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  God damn you just don't get it.

This isn't about being a hypocrite.
Stalin killed roughly 20million people.
Killing 20million people is bad.
Hence, Stalin is bad.

It's about being a hypocrite and/or not being very smart.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell