So... wtf...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2015, 02:08 AM
So... wtf...
$2million for an initiative that would see all school children get free breakfast in schools.
Refused by the government.

$25million for a referendum and designs regarding us changing the flag.
Accepted by the government.

[Image: tskyzdrhot9b2muwy5kk.jpg]

Now I voted for this government and I'm literally surrounded by people that vote for the opposition, at work, in my flat, my family etc.. and so I am constantly defending this government. But this... sorry John Key, you're on your own with this retarded shit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
02-08-2015, 02:18 AM
RE: So... wtf...
Let them eat ballots!
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
02-08-2015, 02:37 AM
You need to just give the whole country to the Maori. I mean they been doing New Zealand for millennium.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-08-2015, 03:30 AM
If I'm reading this right (from 2013) it was John Key's (advisors) initiative in the first place.

Nice one.

Huh

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
02-08-2015, 03:45 AM
It's so nice to see that gov has it's priorities straight.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
02-08-2015, 04:16 AM
(02-08-2015 02:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  $2million for an initiative that would see all school children get free breakfast in schools.
Refused by the government.

$25million for a referendum and designs regarding us changing the flag.
Accepted by the government.

[Image: tskyzdrhot9b2muwy5kk.jpg]

Now I voted for this government and I'm literally surrounded by people that vote for the opposition, at work, in my flat, my family etc.. and so I am constantly defending this government. But this... sorry John Key, you're on your own with this retarded shit.

Pfft, kids don't need to eat.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
02-08-2015, 05:24 AM
That would just be taking away parental responsibility? Is that the argument?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
02-08-2015, 11:04 AM
The decision was probably based on a previous U.S. model.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
03-08-2015, 04:57 PM
(02-08-2015 03:30 AM)DLJ Wrote:  If I'm reading this right (from 2013) it was John Key's (advisors) initiative in the first place.

Nice one.

Huh

IIRC it was originally an initiative by Fonterra (countries largest diary company) that wanted to provide free milk in schools. Sanitarium got on board with the kiwi icon Weet-Bix to turn that into breakfast as well and it was big in the media with widely favorable opinion towards the two companies, applauding them.

The government wanted a piece of that pie (the looking part not the helping children part). And now it's like nowhere near an election year so they've canned it.

I really don't understand the logic. If you feed children in the morning they than have fuel for the day and can concentrate and learn more. At that young age it's vital we cram as much learning down their throats as possible because it builds a good foundation for future learning. And a higher educated population = wealthier, better economical and happier population.

It blows my mind that the government can't commit $2mill for this and yet government perks are through the roof including ex-politicians who still have their overseas trips funded by the government!! cut free holidays for the rich and give that money to starving children ffs it's not fucking rocket science.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
03-08-2015, 05:14 PM
(03-08-2015 04:57 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 03:30 AM)DLJ Wrote:  If I'm reading this right (from 2013) it was John Key's (advisors) initiative in the first place.

Nice one.

Huh

IIRC it was originally an initiative by Fonterra (countries largest diary company) that wanted to provide free milk in schools. Sanitarium got on board with the kiwi icon Weet-Bix to turn that into breakfast as well and it was big in the media with widely favorable opinion towards the two companies, applauding them.

The government wanted a piece of that pie (the looking part not the helping children part). And now it's like nowhere near an election year so they've canned it.

I really don't understand the logic. If you feed children in the morning they than have fuel for the day and can concentrate and learn more. At that young age it's vital we cram as much learning down their throats as possible because it builds a good foundation for future learning. And a higher educated population = wealthier, better economical and happier population.

It blows my mind that the government can't commit $2mill for this and yet government perks are through the roof including ex-politicians who still have their overseas trips funded by the government!! cut free holidays for the rich and give that money to starving children ffs it's not fucking rocket science.

Sensible ideas have no place in government.