So... wtf...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2015, 05:20 PM
RE: So... wtf...
(02-08-2015 02:37 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You need to just give the whole country to the Maori. I mean they been doing New Zealand for millennium.

They are all in Australia. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
03-08-2015, 05:23 PM
(02-08-2015 05:24 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  That would just be taking away parental responsibility? Is that the argument?

Shhh, it's called Vote Buying. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
04-08-2015, 01:50 PM
(02-08-2015 02:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  $2million for an initiative that would see all school children get free breakfast in schools.
Refused by the government.

$25million for a referendum and designs regarding us changing the flag.
Accepted by the government.
I'm sure JK likes the idea of going down in the history books as the man who changed our flag. It would be his legacy. A kind of of one upmanship thing. Years from now he can tell his grandchildren, or perhaps while playing a round of gold on Hawaii with Obama and a few other of his ex leader mates he can boast about changing a country's flag. None of the others could boast the same.

Giving kids free breakfast would not be much of a legacy.

Now it is a lost opportunity.
If we are going to change the flag, we may as well seperate from the Commonwealth and be done with the Treaty of Waitangi and once and for all become a country of one peoples rather than a country of two (Maori and non Maori)
04-08-2015, 03:02 PM
04-08-2015, 07:53 PM
(03-08-2015 04:57 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  IIRC it was originally an initiative by Fonterra (countries largest diary company) that wanted to provide free milk in schools.

I call conspiracy. Why would a company that makes diaries be interested in free milk for kiddos? You'd think that some kind of dairy company would be pushing for something like that. Consider

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
04-08-2015, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2015 10:05 PM by Banjo.)
Sanitarium is owned by The Seventh Day Adventist Church.

I just checked to see if they had gotten involved and they had. Perhaps this is why the Govt pulled out?

Banjo.
04-08-2015, 10:06 PM
(04-08-2015 01:50 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 02:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  $2million for an initiative that would see all school children get free breakfast in schools.
Refused by the government.

$25million for a referendum and designs regarding us changing the flag.
Accepted by the government.
I'm sure JK likes the idea of going down in the history books as the man who changed our flag. It would be his legacy. A kind of of one upmanship thing. Years from now he can tell his grandchildren, or perhaps while playing a round of gold on Hawaii with Obama and a few other of his ex leader mates he can boast about changing a country's flag. None of the others could boast the same.

Giving kids free breakfast would not be much of a legacy.

Now it is a lost opportunity.
If we are going to change the flag, we may as well seperate from the Commonwealth and be done with the Treaty of Waitangi and once and for all become a country of one peoples rather than a country of two (Maori and non Maori)

Yea I think it's a legacy thing too. The problem is though that I don't think NZ is ready for a new flag/even want a new flag. I think a loud minority do but not the majority. I personally want a new flag (though I would prefer children get fed) but I got no faith it'll pass. So it's a waste of money.

Brown nosing douchebags will ruin this country. The Australians are good at that leave it for them to do. We need PM's like Frasher, Lange that will stand up to world powers and do what is best for NZ and not what is best for personal fame.

I was gonna vote in favor of changing the flag but I'm gonna vote against it out of principle now.
04-08-2015, 10:08 PM
(04-08-2015 07:53 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 04:57 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  IIRC it was originally an initiative by Fonterra (countries largest diary company) that wanted to provide free milk in schools.

I call conspiracy. Why would a company that makes diaries be interested in free milk for kiddos? You'd think that some kind of dairy company would be pushing for something like that. Consider

*slaps evenheathen*
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
04-08-2015, 10:10 PM
(04-08-2015 10:02 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Sanitarium is owned by The Seventh Day Adventist Church.

I just checked to see if they had gotten involved and they had. Perhaps this is why the Govt pulled out?

fuck me, really?
No I wouldn't think so. Sanitarium is an iconic, well loved and trusted, NZ brand (or brand in NZ, I'm not sure if they are NZ owned or now). they make weet-bix which is rooted in NZ culture. Weet-bix to NZ is like sushi to Japan.
04-08-2015, 10:13 PM
Yeah mate. They always were. I knew this since I was a kid and am now 51. I checked their involvement in the scheme only.

Banjo.