So... wtf...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2015, 05:52 PM
RE: So... wtf...
(06-08-2015 09:31 PM)cjlr Wrote:  There were some people butthurt about changing our flag, too, back when it happened in the 60s, but in retrospect I think the population would more or less agree it was a good thing.

If only we'd get around to picking a real flag for Ontario...

I'm not against changing the flag, I'm actually all for it provided we don't end up with something stupid like the Maori flag.

My issue is that the government turned down $2million dollars to feed starving children while at the same time spending $25mill on something by comparison completely irrelevant. $2mill is a small number compared to $25mill.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2015, 06:30 PM
Expecting government to do things logically, expediently or properly is like expecting cats to treat mice with dignity.................

It's just not on their agenda.........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
01-10-2015, 04:45 PM
I'm necroing this thread because this country has gone completely batshit crazy!

Why? I hear you ask. Well astute reader I will tell you why. Two words: Red. Peak.
Red peak is a new design added to the final designs that NZers will be able to vote on in this up and coming referendum. The winner of this referendum will than go up against our current flag.
The issue is, red peak is FUGLY AS HELL!!

Look at it!!! And yet it seems to have the most support.

[Image: 1443138280194.jpg]

Oh god it makes me wanna gag. No fucking way I want that being our new flag. It's the most unrepersenting, ugliest fucking flag I've ever seen.

These are the other 4 final flag designs.
The top left and bottom right are clearly far far superior flag designs. They represent this country and they look nice.
I'm gonna vote for the top left one in this coming referendum. But if red peak wins I'll be voting to keep our existing flag.

[Image: 1441945368254.jpg]

This country does so some fucking dumbass shit sometimes.
01-10-2015, 04:56 PM
I like the red crescent and the top right option. Keep it simple. The others are too "busy". Top right is my fave.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
01-10-2015, 04:58 PM
(01-10-2015 04:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm necroing this thread because this country has gone completely batshit crazy!

Why? I hear you ask. Well astute reader I will tell you why. Two words: Red. Peak.
Red peak is a new design added to the final designs that NZers will be able to vote on in this up and coming referendum. The winner of this referendum will than go up against our current flag.

Oh god it makes me wanna gag. No fucking way I want that being our new flag. It's the most unrepersenting, ugliest fucking flag I've ever seen.

The top left and bottom right are clearly far far superior flag designs. They represent this country and they look nice.
I'm gonna vote for the top left one in this coming referendum. But if red peak wins I'll be voting to keep our existing flag.

Why do you want to change it at all? Brits pissed you off so much you wanna get back at them by removing the Union Jack from your flag? Pretty sure they don't give a shit.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-10-2015, 04:59 PM
(01-10-2015 04:56 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I like the red crescent and the top right option. Keep it simple. The others are too "busy". Top right is my fave.
I like the Maori one just because it'll piss off Muffs.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-10-2015, 05:21 PM
Over in Australia we tend to hang the Australian and Aboriginal flags together, When I was at ANZAC square in Campsie last week that is what they did. Both flags hanging side by side.

Is NZ wanting to break way from the Commonwealth Muffs? Personally I think that would be a bad idea. Your country is too small with a tiny military. I am unaware if NZ even has an air force. I do know back when you had that female PM she decommissioned it.
"Who'd want to attack us?" is the famous last words of every lost tribe in history. How about the Japanese in WWII?

Plus NZ had the massive squabble with America and got kicked out of the ANZAC/USA combat agreement.

We'd help of course but this is a massive country and we only just ordered 73 F35's.

Also that "company" that wanted to feed the kids is the 7th day adventist church.

What kind of demands would eventually come out of them. This is why you buy Vita Brits. NOT Wheat bix.

Anyway I just woke up and need a coffee.

Good luck Muff's, whatever happens.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
01-10-2015, 06:40 PM
And the government paid $25 million to come up with these designs? Laughat

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
01-10-2015, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2015 07:12 PM by Chas.)
(01-10-2015 04:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 04:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm necroing this thread because this country has gone completely batshit crazy!

Why do you want to change it at all? Brits pissed you off so much you wanna get back at them by removing the Union Jack from your flag? Pretty sure they don't give a shit.

We had:

[Image: flag_canadian_red_ensign_1957.jpg]

Now we have:

[Image: Canadian-Flag.jpg]

All of the candidate kiwi flags with black in them are fugly. I rather like the red peak, but what does it mean? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2015, 06:00 AM
I'd go with this one ---

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT94s5YCitx2QqiI-LCLLS...IyRuLGIEIu]

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 7 users Like onlinebiker's post