So... wtf...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 06:29 AM
RE: So... wtf...
I like your guys current flag. I vote for it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2015, 12:45 PM
(01-10-2015 05:21 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Plus NZ had the massive squabble with America and got kicked out of the ANZAC/USA combat agreement.

Is that when NZ declared it to be a nuclear-free zone and wouldn't allow US nuclear powered ships and subs to dock? I think when asked about it the PM said "New Zealand is a dagger pointed at the heart of Antarctica."

#sigh
03-10-2015, 03:54 PM
(01-10-2015 07:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 04:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why do you want to change it at all? Brits pissed you off so much you wanna get back at them by removing the Union Jack from your flag? Pretty sure they don't give a shit.

We had:

[Image: flag_canadian_red_ensign_1957.jpg]

Now we have:

[Image: Canadian-Flag.jpg]

All of the candidate kiwi flags with black in them are fugly. I rather like the red peak, but what does it mean? Consider

How about this one? You can enter it as your own. Yes

[Image: kiwi.png]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-10-2015, 04:41 PM
So I've done a complete 180 and decided that I rather like 'red peak' now.
Yea yea I know but shut up, it's my opinion and I'm allowed to change it on a whim.

Quote:Why do you want to change it at all? Brits pissed you off so much you wanna get back at them by removing the Union Jack from your flag? Pretty sure they don't give a shit.

The main reason NZers want it changed is because it's too similar to Australians and it's a colonial flag and we are no longer (and haven't been for a while) a colonial nation.

Quote:Is NZ wanting to break way from the Commonwealth Muffs?

Nope. It would be stupid for us to do so anyway, it would have no point. We're already an independent nation. We conduct all our own politics and foreign relations etc.. We just wanna change the flag.

Quote:I am unaware if NZ even has an air force.

We do but it's comprised of Hercules aircraft. We do search and rescue, delivery foreign aid, help in disaster zones etc.. We got rid of our jets years ago.

Quote:Plus NZ had the massive squabble with America and got kicked out of the ANZAC/USA combat agreement.

Yes well fuck USA. They wanted to park their nuke subs here and we're nuclear free so they can piss off.

Quote:And the government paid $25 million to come up with these designs? Laughat

No, the public submitted the designs. The government paid $25mil to hold the referendum and narrow the selection down to 5.

Quote:All of the candidate kiwi flags with black in them are fugly. I rather like the red peak, but what does it mean? Consider

It's got some meaning from Maori culture. The black is the night sky, the blue is the day sky. It represents that we're the first country to see the dawn. The peak represents the earth/land/mountains which the Maori have a spiritual connection too.

The designer wanted to shy away from the fern which is more associated with sport. And wanted something that represented a modern NZ.

Quote:I like your guys current flag. I vote for it.

Why? It's shit.

Quote:Is that when NZ declared it to be a nuclear-free zone and wouldn't allow US nuclear powered ships and subs to dock? I think when asked about it the PM said "New Zealand is a dagger pointed at the heart of Antarctica."

Yea that's it.

Quote:How about this one? You can enter it as your own. Yes

*gag*
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
03-10-2015, 07:36 PM
(03-10-2015 04:41 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  We do but it's comprised of Hercules aircraft. We do search and rescue, delivery foreign aid, help in disaster zones etc.. We got rid of our jets years ago.
If you're only going to own one aircraft - the C-130 is a smart pick....

I've flown in them many times, and actually had the good fortune to fly with a certain LtCDR (who shall remain nameless) who had the grace to let a stupid kid with a bunch of hours flying with his dad, have a chance to sit left seat and play with the Hercky Bird.....

Fucking thing handles like a sports car....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.