So yeah... I just had a seizure.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2014, 02:02 PM
RE: So yeah... I just had a seizure.
(07-07-2014 01:56 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I came from a place of sincere concern, I wasnt intending to "start after you" in the sense I think you mean. I apolgise if it came across that way initially.

I will try to remember that some people just dont want others help and/or concern. I'll try to keep that in mind from now on.

In the (paraphrased) words of St Stephen as he was being rather pointedly disagreed with by a large crowd of angry people "forgive 'im Mama, 'e's a bit stressed".

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2014, 02:08 PM
(07-07-2014 02:02 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 01:56 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I came from a place of sincere concern, I wasnt intending to "start after you" in the sense I think you mean. I apolgise if it came across that way initially.

I will try to remember that some people just dont want others help and/or concern. I'll try to keep that in mind from now on.

In the (paraphrased) words of St Stephen as he was being rather pointedly disagreed with by a large crowd of angry people "forgive 'im Mama, 'e's a bit stressed".

Lol.

My personality makes me care when I probably shouldn't, always been that way. I tend to forget it sometimes. When I start getting frustrated I need to just shut my yabber.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
07-07-2014, 02:17 PM
(07-07-2014 02:08 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 02:02 PM)morondog Wrote:  In the (paraphrased) words of St Stephen as he was being rather pointedly disagreed with by a large crowd of angry people "forgive 'im Mama, 'e's a bit stressed".

Lol.

My personality makes me care when I probably shouldn't, always been that way. I tend to forget it sometimes. When I start getting frustrated I need to just shut my yabber.

Nope. Methinks is right to let it out. Shuttin' the yabber is a recipe for disaster in any friendship IMO. Just... I dunno... could see you were upset... felt moved to comment. Shoulda chirped KC too, in hindsight Tongue

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-07-2014, 02:26 PM
(07-07-2014 01:55 PM)Vosur Wrote:  As long as you don't endanger anyone else by doing something as reckless as driving a car in your condition, I don't really care about whether or not you see a doctor about your health issues. It's your choice.

I have to admit that whenever I see anyone bring up any medical issue the usual response from the Merkins is to get yourself to a doctor as quickly as possible. It's almost like a pavlovian response to the fear of being sued.

I'm not saying that seizures are to be taken lightly and that there isn't the potential for something really bad to happen if KingsChosen had a seizure while driving or holding a child upside down over a balcony but the usual response from people seems to stem from a fear of risk. Possibly because other people have no control over KingsChosen's lives or are familiar with his medical history so they do what they can, which is to reply, 'go to the doctors' (or alternatively 'see a therapist'). It's quite ironic really because you'd think with health care being so expensive for so many people in the US that you'd get the complete opposite reaction.

I can completely understand not wanting to reveal something that could very well be a one-off incident if by revealing it you run a very real risk of destroying your livelihood and means of support. Sometimes you don't really have much choice.

High risk isn't something to be scared of, it's something that needs to be managed. And that means finding out as much information as you can, taking the initive in asking questions yourself and objectively evaluating all risks without any bias. That applies even if you do go to the doctors. My parents are a perfect example of this. My dad has all the health problems and just accepts being prodded, poked and passed on. My mum keeps my dad alive by asking questions and harassing the doctors. Sometimes all they really need though is for someone who is medically trained to just sit down and explain things to them.
07-07-2014, 02:33 PM
(07-07-2014 02:01 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Do not presume that I'm attacking your religious beliefs. I am a Calvinist, myself. I'm asking you how so can so blatantly defy God, as a Christian.

Everything I do, think, or say is pre-ordained by God. This includes self reliance. If I'm writing about driving a car I'm not going to talk about God's predestined plan that I drive that car... no... I'm just going to write about me driving it.

All of my self-reliance comes from God as does my desires; however, I also know how to address my audience. I'm not going to preach reliance upon God to a bunch of atheists... especially when a topic had no religious connotation - I'm not going insert that in there unnecessarily.

What is it with all the self-righteous condemnation lately?

Everyone knows my beliefs... I don't need to cram them down people's throats every chance I get.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
07-07-2014, 02:42 PM
(07-07-2014 02:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  What is it with all the self-righteous condemnation lately?

Rolleyes It's 'cos we like to be self-righteous, couldn't possibly be 'cos the thought of our very own God boy taking risks like this doesn't fill us with enthusiasm.

Unless you're talking about Diddo97, he's just a dick as far as I can tell Drinking Beverage

07-07-2014, 02:46 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand the neurologist just told me to go see my primary care doctor and not them because it's more of a primary care issue.

lol

Yeah, no.

I'm done.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
07-07-2014, 02:48 PM
(07-07-2014 02:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Aaaaaaaaaaaaand the neurologist just told me to go see my primary care doctor and not them because it's more of a primary care issue.

lol

Yeah, no.

I'm done.

Somehow it is not surprising that Louisiana has horrible Doctors given the culture. Too bad you are not up here in the People's Republic believe me the Docs up here would not be fucking around like that.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
07-07-2014, 02:50 PM
(07-07-2014 02:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Aaaaaaaaaaaaand the neurologist just told me to go see my primary care doctor and not them because it's more of a primary care issue.

lol

Yeah, no.

I'm done.

I'm not sure how it works there, but here they tend to need referrals from PCPs to move forward if you dont go to A&E first. Has to do with ruling out other lesser causes first I suspect.
07-07-2014, 02:51 PM

lol

Yeah, no.

I'm done.

Go see primary care dude. You've only done half the job here. Why not finish it? Get it checked, get it sorted. Don't just downplay it and hope it won't happen again.

Sure, costs. But. You don't know at all what happened (you've made some guesses). This isn't something you should leave to chance. These things do take time to figure out sometimes.

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post