So yeah... I just had a seizure.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2014, 01:22 PM
RE: So yeah... I just had a seizure.
Again, I appreciate the concern, but I've spent over a decade going to doctors, hospitals, and taking meds. I have racked up thousands and thousands of dollars in medical bills. I'm not going to keep throwing my money at doctors when they can't fix... they can't even diagnose me.

I talked to my son about it again, and I'm pretty sure I passed out and didn't seize. He said when I fell I banged my head; I didn't keep banging it on the floor. The gashes in my mouth are from hitting during a single fall.

As for the sounds, I don't know. QC tells me I make a bunch of weird noises at night when I've had a lot of medicine.

Everything yesterday can be traced back to the tramadol.

And Angie, yeah, I had quite a bit that night because I had a bad headache. I didn't put two and two together until yesterday.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2014, 02:01 PM
KC, don't try to rationalize your way out of medical care.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
06-07-2014, 02:28 PM
(06-07-2014 01:22 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I talked to my son about it again, and I'm pretty sure I passed out and didn't seize. He said when I fell I banged my head; I didn't keep banging it on the floor. The gashes in my mouth are from hitting during a single fall.

It could be a one-off but if there is a second seizure KingsChosen definitely needs to report it.

When I had glandular fever 20 years ago (merkins call it mono) I passed out after standing up suddenly from the toilet in the morning and did a whole seizure thing according to my parents. When I told the doctor he warned me about calling it a seizure. I never had one again.

Last year a colleague was in a right state because her young daughter had a petit mal or absence seizure in front of her while eating. Her daughter always crammed her food down her and the doctors suspected it might have been that which caused it (apparently there is some nerve somewhere that can be affected by doing so, I can't remember the specifics). I thought it unlikely but I made sure to ask many months later and it was indeed a one-off.

Although if I was KingsChosen I would also check whether the son is trying to figure out what the 'right answers' are.

(05-07-2014 06:35 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  My son told me that I fell to the ground and was banging my head on the floor yelling and crying.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
06-07-2014, 02:30 PM
Rationalizing and downplaying...

...and changing the story.

Isn't going to keep you, your family, or anyone out on the road safe.

You are a grown man, you have to make the decision as far as what to do. Hope you, or those around you, can live with result.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
06-07-2014, 06:03 PM
(06-07-2014 12:00 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No. haven't been to the doctor and not going to go. I'm flattered by all the concerned, but I know what happened and why. As long as I don't replicate the incident, it won't happen again.

Moreover, I can't afford the battery of tests - again - or numerous neuro visits - again - and I can't let them take away my license. That would be disastrous to my job and my family.

You are officially a fucking idiot. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
06-07-2014, 06:06 PM
(06-07-2014 12:32 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  The medicine caused the seizure.

It's very simple. I'll never be that arrogant again when it comes to pushing my body to its limits.

I have been to some of the best neuros in the country - Neuro Medical Center, Surgical Specialty Center, BR Clinic - all of them can't figure it out... headaches that is. The only relation the seizure has with my headaches is the medicie I take for them.

My last CT was less than a year ago.

Is your medical degree from Tulane? Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-07-2014, 06:45 AM
Fine.

Calling the neurologist this morning.

This is going against my better judgment.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
07-07-2014, 07:00 AM
(07-07-2014 06:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  This is going against my better judgment.

LOL. How about next time we send you over to Girly for a few love taps - then at least you'll *know* you need to see a doctor Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
07-07-2014, 07:01 AM
(07-07-2014 06:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Fine.

Not really. You have a basic assumption that the meds caused the issue. That may well be so - and in that case a different solution needs to be found as the capacity of your body to deal with foreign substances can change at any time depending on other health factors, and even if you refrain from taking large doses, you may encounter the same reaction again.

Also, it is an assumption that the drug is the cause. Correlation is not necessarily causation. The drug may be triggering an underlying condition. If so, that needs to be found.

I totally relate to your distrust regarding the medical profession - I damn near died twice from undiagnosed Lyme disease that turned into encephalitis. Damn docs told me it was all in my head. ( Well, it was in my head, lol, but the head didn't invent it, it was real). I spent years in total agony, getting up to go to the bathroom was pure torture, never mind doing anything more complicated or further away than that.

So, I get it. Thing is, you can't give up. There is a reason for your headaches, find it. Fix your life. You have to, people depend on you.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
07-07-2014, 07:03 AM
(07-07-2014 06:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Fine.

Apply your skeptical brain and you'll see why that's a daft statement...
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post