So yeah... I just had a seizure.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2014, 12:47 PM
RE: So yeah... I just had a seizure.
(07-07-2014 10:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 10:49 AM)CiderThinker Wrote:  However - surely it's reasonable to assume that if you put out something like that on a public forum then sympathy and advice are what people are most likely to give...

You over estimate this place.

I can guarantee you that advice and sympathy where the last things on my mind as I typed up this thread.

For the most part, I wanted to identify what had just happened to me. I thought it might have been a seizure, but I wasn't sure. Through the posts, I found that it was a grand mal.

Pretty much the only expectation I had: finding out what had happened.

Well you think too little of some of us then. A lot of people care.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
07-07-2014, 01:08 PM
Yeah - if you wanted to do the very thing that would extinguish quite a bit of goodwill then you just picked it out of a very long list of options - most of which were benign...
07-07-2014, 01:11 PM
(07-07-2014 12:47 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 10:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  You over estimate this place.

I can guarantee you that advice and sympathy where the last things on my mind as I typed up this thread.

For the most part, I wanted to identify what had just happened to me. I thought it might have been a seizure, but I wasn't sure. Through the posts, I found that it was a grand mal.

Well you think too little of some of us then. A lot of people care.

Remember KC is used to churches where a problem is met by "We'll pray for you and pretend that does something."

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
07-07-2014, 01:13 PM
(07-07-2014 01:11 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 12:47 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Well you think too little of some of us then. A lot of people care.

Remember KC is used to churches where a problem is met by "We'll pray for you and pretend that does something."

Dodgy point taken.
07-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Once again, people taking the crap I say out of context.

This is what I'm addressing:
(06-07-2014 12:13 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  Curious, why did you even post about it?
(06-07-2014 12:22 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Also, why blog about it and scare all these people who care about you knowing you arent going to do a damn thing?!

I wrote about it because that's what I do. I write about all kinds of things in my life. This was no different.

I never asked for help. I never asked for sympathy. So, you can't get mad at me for not receiving it. Do I appreciate it? Sure. It's a nice gesture, and I understand the "tone" in which it was given; however, I am under no informal or formal obligation to thank anyone for the sympathies, concern, or advice.

Just because you made a suggestion and believe it to be the correct decision, what gives you the right to bind me to your suggestion and then praise/thank you for making the suggestion. How pretentious can you get?

I received unsolicited advice and then was ridiculed when I didn't heed it or show appreciation of it.

Kind of a raw deal.

PS - Show me some where in my post something could be interpreted as me asking for advice/sympathy?

I'm just not that type of person... and y'all should know that by now, and it really shouldn't surprise you that I'm acting the way I do. This is ME. This has always been me. I'm cold and calculated and somewhat of a bastard. This is why I make a pretty good admin because I can completely cut the emotion out of most everything.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
07-07-2014, 01:29 PM
(07-07-2014 01:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Once again, people taking the crap I say out of context.

(06-07-2014 12:13 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  Curious, why did you even post about it?
(06-07-2014 12:22 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Also, why blog about it and scare all these people who care about you knowing you arent going to do a damn thing?!

I wrote about it because that's what I do. I write about all kinds of things in my life. This was no different.

I never asked for help. I never asked for sympathy. So, you can't get mad at me for not receiving it. Do I appreciate it? Sure. It's a nice gesture, and I understand the "tone" in which it was given; however, I am under no informal or formal obligation to thank anyone for the sympathies, concern, or advice.

Just because you made a suggestion and believe it to be the correct decision, what gives you the right to bind me to your suggestion and then praise/thank you for making the suggestion. How pretentious can you get?

I received unsolicited advice and then was ridiculed when I didn't heed it or show appreciation of it.

Kind of a raw deal.

PS - Show me some where in my post something could be interpreted as me asking for advice/sympathy?

I'm just not that type of person... and y'all should know that by now, and it really shouldn't surprise you that I'm acting the way I do. This is ME. This has always been me. I'm cold and calculated and somewhat of a bastard. This is why I make a pretty good admin because I can completely cut the emotion out of most everything.

Who the hell asked for thanks?

cold hard fact of reality. When someones friend is sick, people want them to be better. YOU are going to have to deal with that if you're going to tell you friends when something is wrong.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
07-07-2014, 01:36 PM
If you write something for public consumption then don't be surprised when you get responses and advice.

And don't then refute that advice without explaining your reasoning.
07-07-2014, 01:36 PM
(07-07-2014 10:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  For the most part, I wanted to identify what had just happened to me. I thought it might have been a seizure, but I wasn't sure. Through the posts, I found that it was a grand mal.

So, since you "found that it was a grand mal"... don't you think you should at least report it to your doctor so that in the future all who work on your medical case can be properly informed?

Quote:Grand mal seizure is caused by abnormal electrical activity throughout the brain. Most of the time grand mal seizure is caused by epilepsy. In some cases, however, this type of seizure is triggered by other health problems, such as extremely low blood sugar, high fever or a stroke.

Many people who have a grand mal seizure will never have another one. However, some people need daily anti-seizure medications to control and prevent future grand mal seizure.

I would advise you to at least report it to your doctor. That way at the roadside, when they have to scrape your body out of the pavement with a spoon, they'll at least know to look to the brain to tell them what to put on your death certificate. Your insurance company might decide that you just wen't crazy and tried to kill yourself, thereby voiding your policy. They love to contest that shit. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
07-07-2014, 01:37 PM
(07-07-2014 01:29 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 01:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Once again, people taking the crap I say out of context.

Kind of a raw deal.

Who the hell asked for thanks?

cold hard fact of reality. When someones friend is sick, people want them to be better. YOU are going to have to deal with that if you're going to tell you friends when something is wrong.

What friends?

I have no friends.

I have acquaintances and good buddies on the Internet, but that's the extent of my friendship with people.

In fact... the closest relationships I have with people that aren't my family are people on TTA. These people may be true/good friends, but there is no way to know without fostering that relationship through some type of real life interaction.

Without having real life contact with people, it's impossible to develop a true friendship.

The thing is... I'm perfectly fine with this. I know I'm a tough pill to swallow, and for the most part, people in real life annoy the crap out of me; so, I choose to not associate with people (besides family).

Even so... I rely heavily on self-reliance.

07-07-2014, 01:37 PM
(07-07-2014 01:36 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  If you write something for public consumption then don't be surprised when you get responses and advice.

And don't then refute that advice without explaining your reasoning.

I already explained it.