So yeah... I just had a seizure.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2014, 01:39 PM
RE: So yeah... I just had a seizure.
(07-07-2014 01:37 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 01:29 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Who the hell asked for thanks?

cold hard fact of reality. When someones friend is sick, people want them to be better. YOU are going to have to deal with that if you're going to tell you friends when something is wrong.

What friends?

I have no friends.

I have acquaintances and good buddies on the Internet, but that's the extent of my friendship with people.

In fact... the closest relationships I have with people that aren't my family are people on TTA. These people may be true/good friends, but there is no way to know without fostering that relationship through some type of real life interaction.

Without having real life contact with people, it's impossible to develop a true friendship.

The thing is... I'm perfectly fine with this. I know I'm a tough pill to swallow, and for the most part, people in real life annoy the crap out of me; so, I choose to not associate with people (besides family).

Even so... I rely heavily on self-reliance.

I feel bad for you. I'm glad thats not my life view. But of course to each their own.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2014, 01:41 PM
(07-07-2014 01:36 PM)kim Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 10:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  For the most part, I wanted to identify what had just happened to me. I thought it might have been a seizure, but I wasn't sure. Through the posts, I found that it was a grand mal.

Pretty much the only expectation I had: finding out what had happened.

So, since you "found that it was a grand mal"... don't you think you should at least report it to your doctor so that in the future all who work on your medical case can be properly informed?

Quote:Grand mal seizure is caused by abnormal electrical activity throughout the brain. Most of the time grand mal seizure is caused by epilepsy. In some cases, however, this type of seizure is triggered by other health problems, such as extremely low blood sugar, high fever or a stroke.

Many people who have a grand mal seizure will never have another one. However, some people need daily anti-seizure medications to control and prevent future grand mal seizure.

I would advise you to at least report it to your doctor. That way at the roadside, when they have to scrape your body out of the pavement with a spoon, they'll at least know to look to the brain to tell them what to put on your death certificate. Your insurance company might decide that you just wen't crazy and tried to kill yourself, thereby voiding your policy. They love to contest that shit. Drinking Beverage

This is how concerned the doctors are about me.

I left the nurse a message saying that I believe I had a grand mal seizure and that I needed to talk to her.

This was at 9AM. I called again at 12PM and again at 2PM.

Yet again another reason reaffirming my decision to ditch the doctors. They don't give two craps about patients.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
07-07-2014, 01:41 PM
(07-07-2014 01:37 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Even so... I rely heavily on self-reliance.

Self reliance? As a Christian, you should be ashamed. God is the ultimate authority, not you.

Truth seeker.
[+] 1 user Likes diddo97's post
07-07-2014, 01:46 PM
(07-07-2014 01:39 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I feel bad for you. I'm glad thats not my life view. But of course to each their own.

Quit being so pretentious. My God...

Why do you feel bad for me? I like my life and how I handle myself. People usually annoy the piss out of me which is why keeping people at distance works out so well for me.

Your snobby and insulting response implies that I have a problem with the way I socially interact.

My way isn't your way... it's my way and it works for me.

07-07-2014, 01:48 PM
(07-07-2014 01:41 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 01:37 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Even so... I rely heavily on self-reliance.

Self reliance? As a Christian, you should be ashamed. God is the ultimate authority, not you.

Has KC's Law already been evoked?

(07-07-2014 01:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 01:39 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I feel bad for you. I'm glad thats not my life view. But of course to each their own.

Why do you feel bad for me? I like my life and how I handle myself. People usually annoy the piss out of me which is why keeping people at distance works out so well for me.

Your snobby and insulting response implies that I have a problem with the way I socially interact.

How you take it is your own business.

I find telling everyone who was worried to knock it off and get over it to be snobby and insulting. So I guess it doesnt matter.
(07-07-2014 01:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

As Hobbit said - I'm just glad that's not my world-view...
[+] 2 users Like CiderThinker's post
07-07-2014, 01:49 PM
(07-07-2014 01:48 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 01:41 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Self reliance? As a Christian, you should be ashamed. God is the ultimate authority, not you.

I have not heard of "KC/s Law". Enlighten me.

Truth seeker.
07-07-2014, 01:50 PM
(07-07-2014 01:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 01:36 PM)kim Wrote:  So, since you "found that it was a grand mal"... don't you think you should at least report it to your doctor so that in the future all who work on your medical case can be properly informed?

I would advise you to at least report it to your doctor. That way at the roadside, when they have to scrape your body out of the pavement with a spoon, they'll at least know to look to the brain to tell them what to put on your death certificate. Your insurance company might decide that you just wen't crazy and tried to kill yourself, thereby voiding your policy. They love to contest that shit. Drinking Beverage

This is how concerned the doctors are about me.

I left the nurse a message saying that I believe I had a grand mal seizure and that I needed to talk to her.

This was at 9AM. I called again at 12PM and again at 2PM.

Yet again another reason reaffirming my decision to ditch the doctors. They don't give two craps about patients.

You really need some new docs.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
07-07-2014, 01:51 PM
(07-07-2014 01:48 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 01:41 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Self reliance? As a Christian, you should be ashamed. God is the ultimate authority, not you.

Depends on if you count my joke about the church an invocation of KC's law.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense