So, you are an atheist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2012, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2012 11:03 AM by Theist_Typing.)
So, you are an atheist.
So, you’re an Atheist. You believe in Science instead of a God. Right. Obviously you are a very smart guy. It’s Science. No God. No soul. I get it. It’s all explained by Science. By Science, we – humans – are really complex chemical reactions. Chemistry is really atomic and molecular physics. Biology, DNA, and all that are really just chemistry. Right? Knuckle tap. Yea! No God. No soul. No heaven. No hell. Just chemistry. Got it.

Ultimately, according to you and Science, human life is an oxidation reaction: a slow burning fire. Oxygen in. Carbon dioxide out. Until it is extinguished, by a fast-moving beer truck or a heart attack or an angry ex-lover, or an angry ex lover driving a beer truck causing you to have a heart attack. Right? I thought so. Bro hug. That’s the way it was explained to me by my first college physics teaching assistant Mr. Fitzroy. No God. No soul. Just Science.

Accurately put, a human is soulless chemical reaction. Right? I have heard this echoed many times in the chat rooms, dorm rooms, forums, and sites where fervent soulless chemical chain reactions gather to share their empty glass and ridicule religions. When pressed, they will agree that life on earth is simply soulless chemicals reacting with other soulless chemicals. Right? Thus, therefore, and in conclusion you are, from your big toe to the highest hair in your purple Mohawk, you are a soulless chemical reaction reading this on some electronic device right now. And most of you are proud of who you are? Right! Damn right? High five!

But some of you may be saying, “Man, I am not buying into all that.” Then you want to ramble on about messed up stuff in the Bible, Hitchins, or whatever.

“Come on! You are an ATHEIST! It’s simple: No God! No soul!” If you believe in one of those, you are not an atheist. Clear. I certainly hope so.

And given that you are a soulless chemical reaction, for the sake of personal integrity, you should admit to it. Some would point out that soulless chemical chain reactions have no reason to have integrity but Dawkins says that many soulless chemical chain reactions have integrity. Here is why: “Darwin and um, natural selection, random stuff. and then millions of years is like a long time, a hundred monkeys on a hundred typewriters, it evolved. OK!”

“Yeah, Riigght.”

And you should also admit that you have no spirituality. Again many of you are saying, “No Problemo, dude!” in Jeff Spicoli’s voice.

But some are saying “Hold on, I am a spiritual person. I am! I am! I love puppies and kittens, and long walks on the beach.”

“No you’re not! I’m calling bull crap on that! “Spiritual” is a non-science thing. You believe in S-C-I-E-N-C-E! You are a soulless f’ing chemical chain reaction. Accept it. Do we need a 12 step program here? Sheesh, even Bigbird gets this.”

And when you are having special pre-sexy time pillow talk with your current soulless chemical reaction hook-up, you can not look in its eyes and talk about a spiritual connection. Face it, you are a soulless chemical reaction about to possibly have a hot, steamy chemical reaction with another soulless chemical reaction that could maybe start a dependent soulless chemical reaction in the reaction chamber of the xx chromosomed soulless chemical reaction. Hopefully you are ready for said dependent soulless chemical reaction to start. If it is inconvenient, you can easily extinguish this chemical reaction with a “morning after” reaction inhibitor pill or a trip to Planned Parenthood. I bet guilt-free, pimp-style living is just… wonderful.

As for love, forgetaboutit. It’s just pheromones (aka chemicals). That’s why they call it “chemistry”. There is no magic here! Hasn’t the Once Amazing Randi debunked this?

And as an atheist you do not have to worry about the dilemma over “free will” vs. predestination. It’s mind boggling for the rest of us, but not for you. Even Barney knows chemical reactions cannot have free will. No. No way. Can’t happen! Just as sodium cannot react with chlorine and decide that it is going to be sugar instead of salt, you are stuck with your personal chemical reaction that has made you maybe a 5’6″,bitter, unemployed, mouth-breathing, neck-bearded gamer with poor hygiene or Lady GaGa. Who ever, what ever you are, it’s not your fault. Which is why you are almost certainly a liberal. You are not responsible for your lack of success. It is perfectly clear to you that the more successful chemical reactions are not responsible for their successes either. Since you are both equally culpable, as are all the people of the world; it logically follows that you should all enjoy the same standard of living. In your mind you should have all the stuff a douche like Donald Trump has or he should only have the stuff that you have. You count on your government to make that happen. Your vote counts as much as Trump’s even if you are living on inflated student loans to an online “university” and food stamps. Darwin would not approve.

And there is another upside to being an atheist, you don’t have to fear the coming zombie invasion. According to legend, zombies are just fellow soulless chemical reactions that have been restarted. Satan has taken their souls. They are looking for new ones. ”No problemo!” You don’t have one. So just download MJ’s “Thriller” video. Practice the zombie dance. When it comes, just get down with your bro’s.You will fit right in. When you think about it: you have no choice.

I have a new blog at http://www.atheistsrfun.com/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2012, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2012 11:53 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: So you are an atheist.
(28-10-2012 10:42 AM)Theist_Typing Wrote:  I have a new blog at http://www.atheistsrfun.com/

Ah yes. Yet another Sunday post-church post from a theist, fresh from "chuch".

No one gives a flying fuck about your web site.

Sorry you are so depressed you NEED your god, as a depression pill, as you can't handle reality without your blankey.

So many fucked up assumptions. Humans "employ" the Scientific Method. When and if something better comes along, we'll use it. Right now, it's the most useful tool we have to arrive at truth. You take your's from a 2000 year old set of books, written by humans with an agenda.

All your god, and soul, and immortality BS is just that. The writers of the Bible did not hold a belief in souls, or immortality, (see the "Who was Saint Paul", or the Resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth threads). So, thanks for proving you are ignorant of your own cult.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...other-look

YOU believe in Science and Evolution. You're just too idiotic to recognize it. YOU would use DNA to get out of prison. YOU use antibiotics. YOU call 911 when you have chest pain. YOU don't "just pray".

Try harder.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 11 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Isn't the computer science? Then why are these science haters on a computer? Tongue

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 5 users Like Question's post
28-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Dude. Anger management. Big Grin

Nuh-uh! I'm a prophet. There ain't no theist prophets, just like there ain't no sane prophets. Science ain't about "knowing everything," but rather a methodology of natural mechanics. One pertinent thing "science doesn't know" is whether or not the brain is a quantum computer. As all "woo" is derived and/or corrupted from simultaneity, such a finding would cap all the gaps.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-10-2012, 10:57 AM
So...what are you trying to say? I read that whole post, and it was pretty much an enormous train wreck. Perhaps trying to be witty or sarcastic isn't the best style for you? You could just try writing what you mean in plain English. Also, not really sure why you are trying to drive traffic to your blog, I for one cannot even imagine trying to read another post like this one.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Near's post
28-10-2012, 11:13 AM
RE: So, you are an atheist.
Yes we are the result of an ongoing series of chemical reactions. What's your point?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 4 users Like FSM_scot's post
28-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Yep, I'm an atheists, because I'm a realist.
Good luck living in that fantasy world where there is some god that cares about YOU personally.

You're special, because the make believe god in your head says so.
You'll never die, because the make believe god in your head says so.
You're loved when everyone else thinks your a asshole, because the make believe god in your head says so.
You're not just another animal, because the make believe god in your head says so.
You're not just a random product of the universe, because the make believe god in your head says so.

It all comes down to this. Theists cannot accept the infinitude that characterizes us all. You will die and that will be it. You're life has no special meaning beyond what you put on it. YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL. Deal with it and stop making up imaginary gods and annoying the rest of us.

As an atheist I will enjoy my life while I'm living. As a theist you can hope without justification that there is an afterlife because your current life sucks.

You're comparing what you imagine an afterlife to be with your current life; therefore, current life sucks.
No human will ever love you unconditionally like your imaginary god: therefore other people suck.
Your imaginary god will fix you to correct all of your flaws; because, you suck.

You see theists have set themselves up to be miserable. The only thing that can make them happy is to imagine something better after they die. How sad. If they give up god they still have the attitude that they have a sucky life, so they can never give up the god of hope. You suck, others suck, life sucks...but god will make it all better. Bullshit! This is delusional and a mental sickness.

Best of luck living your sucky theist life waiting for the perfect afterlife that will never come. Weeping

Atheist...party on. Thumbsup

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 14 users Like Thomas's post
28-10-2012, 11:18 AM
So, clearly, since I love puppies, it's obvious that God created the world in six literal days several thousand years ago. Anyone with half a brain knows that he created two perfect creatures, one from dirt and one from a rib. You have to be a moron not to know for a fact that he put these two perfect creatures in a perfect garden, then made a tree, named it "Knowledge", and warned them NOT to eat from it. And you've got to have rocks in your head not to know that he allowed a talking snake to wander through the garden, tempting them to eat it.

DUH. It's so simple.
[+] 3 users Like AlanWestfall's post
28-10-2012, 11:20 AM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2012 11:23 AM by FSM_scot.)
(28-10-2012 11:17 AM)Thomas Wrote:  Yep, I'm an atheists, because I'm a realist.
Good luck living in that fantasy world where there is some god that cares about YOU personally.

You're special, because the make believe god in your head says so.
You'll never die, because the make believe god in your head says so.
You're loved when everyone else thinks your a asshole, because the make believe god in your head says so.
You're not just another animal, because the make believe god in your head says so.
You're not just a random product of the universe, because the make believe god in your head says so.

It all comes down to this. Theists cannot accept the infinitude that characterizes us all. You will die and that will be it. You're life has no special meaning beyond what you put on it. YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL. Deal with it and stop making up imaginary gods and annoying the rest of us.

As an atheist I will enjoy my life while I'm living. As a theist you can hope without justification that there is an afterlife because your current life sucks.

You're comparing what you imagine an afterlife to be with your current life; therefore, current life sucks.
No human will ever love you unconditionally like your imaginary god: therefore other people suck.
Your imaginary god will fix you to correct all of your flaws; because, you suck.

You see theists have set themselves up to be miserable. The only thing that can make them happy is to imagine something better after they die. How sad. If they give up god they still have the attitude that they have a sucky life, so they can never give up the god of hope. You suck, others suck, life sucks...but god will make it all better. Bullshit! This is delusional and a mental sickness.

Best of luck living your sucky theist life waiting for the perfect afterlife that will never come. Weeping

Atheist...party on. Thumbsup

Didn't even read it did you?
28-10-2012, 11:21 AM
I really just don't get the point. Aside from the silly stuff, like calling science a belief, I pretty much agree with the bulk of what the op says. The whole thing reads like sarcasm, but if that's the case, I guess it's time to work on your writing style, because, frankly, it sucks.

No soul.
No spirituality.
No god.

No arguments here.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 6 users Like Stark Raving's post