So, you are an atheist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2012, 12:15 PM
RE: So, you are an atheist.
Demons do what demons do. Evil_monster

What is working is the pressing of logical argument to push the burden of proof back onto the theist, relentlessly. They must prove their case! They cannot; therefore, god does not exist.

The theist will attempt to sidestep logical debate to the following three positions:
- Science is just another form of belief.
- Atheists are misguided people who just hate god and his rules.
- Atheists can't prove something "I know is true" to be false.

All three areas are worthless paths to bother arguing.
Once a theist truly believes science is a religion what can you say?
They don't understand that atheism is not a belief choice, its a conclusion.

I got this one last week, "You're using human logic, I'm using god logic". WTF is that? It's the position that they cannot debate you logically and circle the "I'm going to just believe it wagons".

If it was not for the entertainment value it would be a complete waster of time. Big Grin

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thomas's post
28-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Lol, I found this kinda funny Big Grin

But, why are the atheists you talk about all so young? There are plenty of seniors, you know. You are talking to an audience that spans all demographics.

Love IS a chemical reaction, but how does that mean you don't feel it? Act on it? Enjoy it? Base relationships on it? You don't make sense.

And yes, I love puppies and kittens and old dogs and cats, as well as birds and flowers and trees and all of nature. What does being an atheist have to do do with the appreciation of nature and life?

You actually have more facts straight than most theists who post here, but you sure are bad in applying them.

You say we toast with empty glasses - I keep having to sip from mine so it doesn't overflow.

Life is perfectly enjoyable as atheist, while we don't have the FEAR of god you god-fearing people do, we have better ethics and more love for our fellow humans than you do, we don't judge.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 10 users Like Dom's post
28-10-2012, 12:26 PM
G'day mate, Free Thought here, coming to you live from from an incredibly twitchy state as my body writhes in convolutions, due to my being incredibly tired and having absolutely nothing better to waste my time on then you!

(28-10-2012 10:42 AM)Theist_Typing Wrote:  So, you’re an Atheist. You believe in Science instead of a God. Right. Obviously you are a very smart guy. It’s Science. No God. No soul. I get it. It’s all explained by Science. By Science, we – humans – are really complex chemical reactions. Chemistry is really atomic and molecular physics. Biology, DNA, and all that are really just chemistry. Right? Knuckle tap. Yea! No God. No soul. No heaven. No hell. Just chemistry. Got it.

Right, so you got one thing right; I'm an Atheist. and then you go off the rails; I am fairly certain that the "belief in Science" you are attempting to profess does not exist. You seem to be implying (at least to me) that a belief in what can be shown to be true and accurate through testing ask fact is somehow on par with religious belief. It is not; Religious belief is not motivated by evidence, only baseless assertion, and as such is not on the same tier as a "belief" in that is backed by evidence and that will adapt as the evidence grows. Your Capitalization of the "s" in science frustrates me and only leads me to think that you are attempting to establish science as it's own separate entity (belief system), and as such level it against God or Religion as things.

Also I am fairly certain that chemistry comes out of physics as a result of particle/molecular reactions, point being chemistry is not the base science as you would seem to imply.

(28-10-2012 10:42 AM)Theist_Typing Wrote:  Ultimately, according to you and Science, human life is an oxidation reaction: a slow burning fire. Oxygen in. Carbon dioxide out. Until it is extinguished, by a fast-moving beer truck or a heart attack or an angry ex-lover, or an angry ex lover driving a beer truck causing you to have a heart attack. Right? I thought so. Bro hug. That’s the way it was explained to me by my first college physics teaching assistant Mr. Fitzroy. No God. No soul. Just Science.

What I accord, and the accords of the many scientific realms are not necessarily one in the same, being a hopeful student of biology, I can only begin to comprehend the accords of physics, as such what I and science make accords for is irrelevant as they are not necessarily interchangeable..

Also I don't think it fair to describe us as an oxidation process. Perhaps more of a carbonating one. And while at the base of things as I understand it we are all energy, I wouldn't call us basically fire. It's unbecoming of fire. Besides fire is most of a super charged electric phenomenon.

You are pretty hung up on that "No God. No soul. Just Science" thing arn't you, perhaps you are projecting. Tell us, where exactly did the mean science teacher touch you? It's okay to tell you are safe here. Did Mr. Fitzroy touch you in your swimsuit area?

(28-10-2012 10:42 AM)Theist_Typing Wrote:  Accurately put, a human is soulless chemical reaction. Right? I have heard this echoed many times in the chat rooms, dorm rooms, forums, and sites where fervent soulless chemical chain reactions gather to share their empty glass and ridicule religions. When pressed, they will agree that life on earth is simply soulless chemicals reacting with other soulless chemicals. Right? Thus, therefore, and in conclusion you are, from your big toe to the highest hair in your purple Mohawk, you are a soulless chemical reaction reading this on some electronic device right now. And most of you are proud of who you are? Right! Damn right? High five!

ALRIGHT! Lets get one thing straight Jacko, it's not just a "soulless chemical reaction". Life (on Earth) at it's simplest was a strand of self replicating neucleotides, which we know as RNA, surrounded by a lipid membrane: Simple mother fucking Cell mate! It is a SELF REPLICATING CHEMICAL PROCESS, it was fucking GLORIOUS, Awe inspiring! Christ why can't anybody get it right, makes me quite agitated that everybody always UNDERESTIMATES IT!!
Also; purple Mokawk?
And damn right I am proud of doing absolutely fuck-all to exist, ahaha no. I'm fucking lucky, and you are too, stop bitching and be happy, get educated or some shit while you can.

(conclusion) Once again you underestimate the possible meaning you could derive from life. I can finish this part off by going back to simple cells and luck by saying this one thing:

100,000 sperm. And you were the fastest. Weeping

(28-10-2012 10:42 AM)Theist_Typing Wrote:  But some of you may be saying, “Man, I am not buying into all that.” Then you want to ramble on about messed up stuff in the Bible, Hitchins, or whatever.

Was this part supposed to have a coherent point?

(28-10-2012 10:42 AM)Theist_Typing Wrote:  “Come on! You are an ATHEIST! It’s simple: No God! No soul!” If you believe in one of those, you are not an atheist. Clear. I certainly hope so.

Hey Ref! I'm gonna call: Bullshit, No True Scotsman and False Dichotomy. Atheist is simply a lack of Theism, you can be as much of a spiritual person as you like, so long as there's no gods in the picture. We've got Shamen motherfucker. You can not be spiritual as an atheist or you can be, no holds barred here Chiefy, ain't no doctrine to guide your ideas here baby!.... as silly as some might be.

(28-10-2012 10:42 AM)Theist_Typing Wrote:  And given that you are a soulless chemical reaction, for the sake of personal integrity, you should admit to it. Some would point out that soulless chemical chain reactions have no reason to have integrity but Dawkins says that many soulless chemical chain reactions have integrity. Here is why: “Darwin and um, natural selection, random stuff. and then millions of years is like a long time, a hundred monkeys on a hundred typewriters, it evolved. OK!”

“Yeah, Riigght.”

I don't recall Dawkins saying much to that effect, although in one of his books he does discuss the probability of monkeys with type writers making a sentence from Shakespeare (which I forget).

Also, for the sake of personal integrity I feel I must write this, even though it will detract from my schooling in a few hours. I don't need to admit anything for the sake of "personal integrity". Especially when what you want to be admitted makes no coherent sense.

(28-10-2012 10:42 AM)Theist_Typing Wrote:  And you should also admit that you have no spirituality. Again many of you are saying, “No Problemo, dude!” in Jeff Spicoli’s voice.

But some are saying “Hold on, I am a spiritual person. I am! I am! I love puppies and kittens, and long walks on the beach.”

“No you’re not! I’m calling bull crap on that! “Spiritual” is a non-science thing. You believe in S-C-I-E-N-C-E! You are a soulless f’ing chemical chain reaction. Accept it. Do we need a 12 step program here? Sheesh, even Bigbird gets this.”

See above.

See high above for my "Science is not a belief system, at least on par with God or Religion" rant.

Know what? You have not even said what a soul is, thus what it would mean to be "soulless", so please by ALL means, if you EVER read this feel free to discuss the concept in depth.

(28-10-2012 10:42 AM)Theist_Typing Wrote:  And when you are having special pre-sexy time pillow talk with your current soulless chemical reaction hook-up, you can not look in its eyes and talk about a spiritual connection. Face it, you are a soulless chemical reaction about to possibly have a hot, steamy chemical reaction with another soulless chemical reaction that could maybe start a dependent soulless chemical reaction in the reaction chamber of the xx chromosomed soulless chemical reaction. Hopefully you are ready for said dependent soulless chemical reaction to start. If it is inconvenient, you can easily extinguish this chemical reaction with a “morning after” reaction inhibitor pill or a trip to Planned Parenthood. I bet guilt-free, pimp-style living is just… wonderful.

You are very hung up on the "soulless chemical reaction" crap arnt you. Please show us where the chemist touched you. Again I must stress that this is a safe environment; you are safe to tell.

Humans has developed far more complex neuro-networks which gives use a "greater" emotional scope to the of your ape cousins and our other long lost relatives in the animal kingdom to wit we feel things like "love"; higher ranges of Empathetic emotions that attune us to others, remember what I said before? "You underestimate the possible meaning you could derive from life." Be happy for the the emotion you can easily take for granted mother fucker.

(28-10-2012 10:42 AM)Theist_Typing Wrote:  As for love, forgetaboutit. It’s just pheromones (aka chemicals). That’s why they call it “chemistry”. There is no magic here! Hasn’t the Once Amazing Randi debunked this?

See directly above. and of course there is no magic. Magic is meaningless and void, it does nothing; Magic is simply our primitive word for things we did not understand. Now used for deceptive tricks.

(28-10-2012 10:42 AM)Theist_Typing Wrote:  And as an atheist you do not have to worry about the dilemma over “free will” vs. predestination. It’s mind boggling for the rest of us, but not for you. Even Barney knows chemical reactions cannot have free will. No. No way. Can’t happen! Just as sodium cannot react with chlorine and decide that it is going to be sugar instead of salt, you are stuck with your personal chemical reaction that has made you maybe a 5’6″,bitter, unemployed, mouth-breathing, neck-bearded gamer with poor hygiene or Lady GaGa. Who ever, what ever you are, it’s not your fault. Which is why you are almost certainly a liberal. You are not responsible for your lack of success. It is perfectly clear to you that the more successful chemical reactions are not responsible for their successes either. Since you are both equally culpable, as are all the people of the world; it logically follows that you should all enjoy the same standard of living. In your mind you should have all the stuff a douche like Donald Trump has or he should only have the stuff that you have. You count on your government to make that happen. Your vote counts as much as Trump’s even if you are living on inflated student loans to an online “university” and food stamps. Darwin would not approve.

I'm sorry, there is a dilemma about free will? Didn't neurology debunk that a while ago? Who the fuck is mind boggled, you guys have all made up your damn minds.

"you are stuck with your personal chemical reaction that has made you maybe a 5’6″,bitter, unemployed, mouth-breathing, neck-bearded gamer with poor hygiene" Do you have something against gamers? Or are you projecting yourself again.

Also are you trying to portray us a communists or Anti-Capitalists? We are responsible for lack of success. Or others are because they drag all the markets out of reach. While it would be ideal for everbody to share the same standard of living, who's standard do you propose we all adopt? The minority in the world and live in lower to middle class Western World lives? The Second world majority standard? Maybe the Third World populace, since they have the total majority?

(28-10-2012 10:42 AM)Theist_Typing Wrote:  And there is another upside to being an atheist, you don’t have to fear the coming zombie invasion. According to legend, zombies are just fellow soulless chemical reactions that have been restarted. Satan has taken their souls. They are looking for new ones. ”No problemo!” You don’t have one. So just download MJ’s “Thriller” video. Practice the zombie dance. When it comes, just get down with your bro’s.You will fit right in. When you think about it: you have no choice.

Bitch I am going down fighting when the zombie horde comes. I would not lie down and accept death if a neighboring country invaded mine. Nor if somebody invaded my home. Or in general threatened myself or those around my, which is what zombies tend to do. I'll fight to defend myself and others, wouldn't you?

(28-10-2012 10:42 AM)Theist_Typing Wrote:  I have a new blog at http://www.atheistsrfun.com/

I think I can honestly say; nobody here cares.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
28-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Are you here for any sort of reason other than to preach?

If not, fuck off, if so then welcome.

Atheism is a lack of belief in god. That is all. No need to tack on other definitions to a word that already seems to confuse the hell out of most theists.

I don't personally feel very spiritual, but that doesn't mean there aren't atheists out there who do. They are likely crazy, but to join the club they only have to not believe in god/gods.

I am angry, I'm generally an angry person. I have anger issues. This has literally nothing to do with my lack of belief in a god. Believe me, I am surrounded by fervent theists who for the most part are angrier than I am.
Belief in god does not seem to affect ones disposition, only the holidays they celebrate.
Luckily atheism means you can pick and choose, so yeah, presents woo!!!

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
28-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Anger issues Lucradis? I would never have guessed.

This place is just one regular Angry Hour at the local pub, eh?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-10-2012, 12:36 PM
I'll punch your face*, then I'll go around punching all the faces. There will be no punch free faces when my punching comes to a conclusion.

*(I'm only kidding.)

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
28-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Science vs. Religion:

[Image: scivsrel.jpg]
[+] 7 users Like AlanWestfall's post
28-10-2012, 12:41 PM
(28-10-2012 12:26 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(28-10-2012 10:42 AM)Theist_Typing Wrote:  I have a new blog at http://www.atheistsrfun.com/
I think I can honestly say; nobody here cares.
Since this post is his latest entry on his website, he's obviously cut-and-pasting this to atheist message boards. He's not engaging in anything but trolling for his website.

http://www.atheistsrfun.com/future-theis...agnostics/

Spammer: Identified. Need for Attention: Noted.
[+] 1 user Likes AlanWestfall's post
28-10-2012, 12:42 PM
What's your point again? That we're soulless beings that are the products of chemical processes? Yeah? Again, what's your point?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
28-10-2012, 12:48 PM
(28-10-2012 12:24 PM)Dom Wrote:  Lol, I found this kinda funny Big Grin

But, why are the atheists you talk about all so young? There are plenty of seniors, you know. You are talking to an audience that spans all demographics.

Love IS a chemical reaction, but how does that mean you don't feel it? Act on it? Enjoy it? Base relationships on it? You don't make sense.

And yes, I love puppies and kittens and old dogs and cats, as well as birds and flowers and trees and all of nature. What does being an atheist have to do do with the appreciation of nature and life?

You actually have more facts straight than most theists who post here, but you sure are bad in applying them.

You say we toast with empty glasses - I keep having to sip from mine so it doesn't overflow.

Life is perfectly enjoyable as atheist, while we don't have the FEAR of god you god-fearing people do, we have better ethics and more love for our fellow humans than you do, we don't judge.
This is my favorite post of the week. Well said Dom.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post