So, you are god.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2016, 03:31 PM
RE: So, you are god.
All living beings are now happy and peaceful. You're welcome.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
10-04-2016, 04:36 PM
destroy the god

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
10-04-2016, 04:40 PM
(10-04-2016 01:43 PM)Dom Wrote:  You are god but only for a very short time. You are omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent. You are also benevolent.

You get one, and only one command. After that you lose your god powers.

What will you do?

Farm it out.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
10-04-2016, 04:42 PM
Make me a God forever, obviously.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
10-04-2016, 05:00 PM
(10-04-2016 04:42 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Make me a God forever, obviously.

I'm pretty sure that violates the First Law of Wishodynamics. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
10-04-2016, 05:11 PM
(10-04-2016 01:43 PM)Dom Wrote:  You are god but only for a very short time. You are omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent. You are also benevolent.

You get one, and only one command. After that you lose your god powers.

What will you do?
Meh...godlike, hum? ruthless and selfish?
I would change our biology- no life ever shall prey upon life, other than eating vegetation. All life will have in innate dislike and disgust at the idea of harming another living thing, emotionally or physically. I would also have to hide the planet from predators who would find us easy pickings. No viruses,bacterial infections, cancers, and diseases harming living things.
We would be different creatures altogether. Then people will hate me. But it does not matter, they would have to be nice anyway!Evil_monster

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
[+] 3 users Like carol's post
10-04-2016, 05:13 PM
(10-04-2016 04:42 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Make me a God forever, obviously.

Just what we need...another narcissistic supreme being who only pretends (sometimes) to like people. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
10-04-2016, 05:15 PM
(10-04-2016 05:11 PM)carol Wrote:  Meh...godlike, hum? ruthless and selfish?
I would change our biology- no life ever shall prey upon life, other than eating vegetation. All life will have in innate dislike and disgust at the idea of harming another living thing, emotionally or physically. I would also have to hide the planet from predators who would find us easy pickings. No viruses,bacterial infections, cancers, and diseases harming living things.
We would be different creatures altogether. Then people will hate me. But it does not matter, they would have to be nice anyway!Evil_monster

Actually that's pretty good. However over population of all creatures would soon ensue. Bacteria from dead fish, fish no longer eaten by sharks and other larger fish would destroy the oceans and subsequently all life.

I'd probably just wipe the earth off the map of the universe and be done with it. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
10-04-2016, 05:20 PM
(10-04-2016 05:15 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 05:11 PM)carol Wrote:  Meh...godlike, hum? ruthless and selfish?

Actually that's pretty good. However over population of all creatures would soon ensue. Bacteria from dead fish, fish no longer eaten by sharks and other larger fish would destroy the oceans and subsequently all life.

I'd probably just wipe the earth off the map of the universe and be done with it. Smile

Yes, Banjo, great idea! I would have to do some woo-doo stuff- like limit the population naturally- we would evolve to have very few offspring, bacteria would replicate only once or twice, and natural death would still occur...perhaps the fishies and living things could eat the bacteria, yummy!

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
10-04-2016, 05:27 PM
(10-04-2016 05:20 PM)carol Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 05:15 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Actually that's pretty good. However over population of all creatures would soon ensue. Bacteria from dead fish, fish no longer eaten by sharks and other larger fish would destroy the oceans and subsequently all life.

Yes, Banjo, great idea! I would have to do some woo-doo stuff- like limit the population naturally- we would evolve to have very few offspring, bacteria would replicate only once or twice, and natural death would still occur...perhaps the fishies and living things could eat the bacteria, yummy!

But that would require more than one action. You have but one. And fish don't die of natural forces fast enough to sustain the lives of other fish. Same story with mammals and insects.

Then the fruitarians would complain "You're eating an orange? You picked it off the tree???" Oranges have a life too.

Having one command is tough. Perhaps erase the human idea of mythology. That may erase some problems. But then they'd still fight over land and resources.

Perhaps one could create a more wise god to rule as a kind of philosopher King, like Plato dreamed???

I dunno.

Maybe just put Earmuffs in charge and suffer the consequences?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post