So... you're an atheist? Me too

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2014, 06:08 AM
So... you're an atheist? Me too
Hello,

I cannot remember exactly when I stopped believing outright with any religious depiction of God, but I think it was around ten years ago when I was at University that I first became passionately anti-religious. The more I read about religion and understand it, both in terms of it's roots and it's modern day manifestations, the more I feel compelled to dispute it's legitimacy and it's control over the lives of it's adherents. Whilst I believe in the freedoms of the individual, I strongly feel that all matters of the state should be completely secular, especially it's educational institutions. It is my sincere hope that in this age of globalisation and cultural assimilation, we shall one day rid ourselves as a species from these primitive shackles, and future generations will learn about religion as an historical curiosity rather than prescriptive dogma.

Craig
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2014, 06:23 AM
RE: So... you're an atheist? Me too
(30-05-2014 06:08 AM)gibson154 Wrote:  Hello,

I cannot remember exactly when I stopped believing outright with any religious depiction of God, but I think it was around ten years ago when I was at University that I first became passionately anti-religious. The more I read about religion and understand it, both in terms of it's roots and it's modern day manifestations, the more I feel compelled to dispute it's legitimacy and it's control over the lives of it's adherents. Whilst I believe in the freedoms of the individual, I strongly feel that all matters of the state should be completely secular, especially it's educational institutions. It is my sincere hope that in this age of globalisation and cultural assimilation, we shall one day rid ourselves as a species from these primitive shackles, and future generations will learn about religion as an historical curiosity rather than prescriptive dogma.

Craig

Welcome to our little corner of semi-sanity, Craig.

I think I'm going to like you... for your stance and for your correct spelling of "globalisation". You're obviously from the correct side of the Atlantic.

But marks off for the incorrect "it's" five times in one sentence. We have a Mod who has killed for less than that. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
30-05-2014, 06:34 AM
Pffft, ignore the grammar Nazis! Smile

Pull up a chair and join right in. It's a bit of a crazy place here, but people sure grow on you.

Hope to hear more from you soon... Thumbsup

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-05-2014, 06:46 AM
Good gramer and right spelling, will get so far only. If ya speak aussie lingo she'll be right cobber.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
30-05-2014, 06:48 AM
(30-05-2014 06:46 AM)Banjo Wrote:  ...
gramer

Vosur! Fetch!

Big Grin

30-05-2014, 06:53 AM
Just bring a slab and a coupla sweet sheilas and bobs yer uncle mate.

no worries.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
30-05-2014, 07:01 AM
...but I'm not.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
30-05-2014, 07:03 AM
(30-05-2014 06:48 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 06:46 AM)Banjo Wrote:  ...
gramer

Vosur! Fetch!

Big Grin

Back off.

Sick typing don't need no gramur.

I got your back, Banj.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
30-05-2014, 07:05 AM
(30-05-2014 07:01 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...but I'm not.

mate ya can say sorry later after we say g'day to the new bloke.

are you a bloke or a sheila mate?

Banjo.
30-05-2014, 07:09 AM
(30-05-2014 07:03 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 06:48 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Vosur! Fetch!

Big Grin

Back off.

Sick typing don't need no gramur.

I got your back, Banj.

hey cheers mate. no worries.

Banjo.