So... you're an atheist? Me too

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2014, 02:21 PM
RE: So... you're an atheist? Me too
I'm actually an uncover theist studying atheism because I believe god might also be an atheist, but if he is then I'm going to be a satanist for awhile because satanist wear cool clothes. Welcome and stuff.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2014, 02:39 PM
(30-05-2014 06:08 AM)gibson154 Wrote:  Hello,

I cannot remember exactly when I stopped believing outright with any religious depiction of God, but I think it was around ten years ago when I was at University that I first became passionately anti-religious. The more I read about religion and understand it, both in terms of it's roots and it's modern day manifestations, the more I feel compelled to dispute it's legitimacy and it's control over the lives of it's adherents. Whilst I believe in the freedoms of the individual, I strongly feel that all matters of the state should be completely secular, especially it's educational institutions. It is my sincere hope that in this age of globalisation and cultural assimilation, we shall one day rid ourselves as a species from these primitive shackles, and future generations will learn about religion as an historical curiosity rather than prescriptive dogma.

Craig

Welcome. It's nice to know where you stand on this. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-05-2014, 03:15 PM
(30-05-2014 02:21 PM)Elskidor Wrote:  I'm actually an uncover theist studying atheism because I believe god might also be an atheist, but if he is then I'm going to be a satanist for awhile because satanist wear cool clothes. Welcome and stuff.

Dunno about God, but that Jesus dude was definitely an atheist.

#sigh
30-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Welcome to TTA. Looking forward to hearing more from you Smile
30-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Welcome. Here is your welcome gecko

[Image: geckos_may2.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
30-05-2014, 05:40 PM
Hello Craig, good to have you with us.

Feel free to ignor the gramur notzees. Laughat Rolleyes Tongue

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
31-05-2014, 03:37 AM
(30-05-2014 06:23 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Welcome to our little corner of semi-sanity, Craig.

I think I'm going to like you... for your stance and for your correct spelling of "globalisation". You're obviously from the correct side of the Atlantic.

But marks off for the incorrect "it's" five times in one sentence. We have a Mod who has killed for less than that. Big Grin
31-05-2014, 03:51 AM
(30-05-2014 06:23 AM)DLJ Wrote:  But marks off for the incorrect "it's" five times in one sentence. We have a Mod who has killed for less than that. Big Grin
You know, I visited my doctor today and he confirmed that OP's introduction post gave me cancer. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
31-05-2014, 03:54 AM
Pour yourself a drink, pull up a chair, welcome to TTA. Don't be shy Smile

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
31-05-2014, 05:12 AM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2014 02:54 PM by JDog554.)
Welcome! Congrats on being smarter and more rational than over 80% of the American population! I'd give you a cookie but I ate them all. Unsure

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze