So you still want to move to Canada, eh?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2016, 03:32 PM
RE: So you still want to move to Canada, eh?
I live in California which is one of the most liberal states so I think I'll stick around but I'll move to Canada if this whole war with China thing actually happens. I mean sure Hawaii is closer but Cali is right there just waiting to be attacked and it might seem like I'm just joking around but the way Trump keeps antagonizing them...and we all know they would love to take us down, well I'm just gonna start saving up now, just want to be on the safe side.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2016, 04:23 PM
(05-12-2016 03:32 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I live in California which is one of the most liberal states so I think I'll stick around but I'll move to Canada if this whole war with China thing actually happens. I mean sure Hawaii is closer but Cali is right there just waiting to be attacked and it might seem like I'm just joking around but the way Trump keeps antagonizing them...and we all know they would love to take us down, well I'm just gonna start saving up now, just want to be on the safe side.

Given the number of military bases in California, I'm not too worried. I don't think the Chinese will wage nuclear war, it's too risky. I live not too far from the ocean, but far enough to avoid a tsunami, and up high enough that my shit will flow downhill for the rest of my life, at least. I'm staying right here.

Oh, and I know about that cold. I spent two winters in Idaho, and have seen -60° F. I ain't doing that again.
05-12-2016, 04:26 PM
I'm still eyeballing Canada, for a variety of reasons. Having lived in and loved Alaska, I think the Canadian environment would suit me Tongue

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
05-12-2016, 04:47 PM
I'd much rather move to Sweden. But if they wipe out my Social Security and no longer send me the checks I very much doubt the Swedes would replace it just because I live in Sweden, so what's the point?

I mean, running away from thieves only works if you can take your money with you and the system is rigged so I can't take it with me.

Sapere aude
05-12-2016, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2016 01:43 PM by Aliza.)
I actually didn't realize that people drive on the snow like that. I figured everyone waited for the roads to be plowed and salted. ...but I guess if it starts snowing while you're at work or something, you don't have much choice.
05-12-2016, 05:08 PM
(05-12-2016 04:23 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Given the number of military bases in California, I'm not too worried. I don't think the Chinese will wage nuclear war, it's too risky. I live not too far from the ocean, but far enough to avoid a tsunami, and up high enough that my shit will flow downhill for the rest of my life, at least. I'm staying right here.

Oh don't mind me, literally half the things I worry about will never happen. Just this China stuff is like "Really? He's not even in office yet and he's going to start a war...not even in fucking office yet!"

I've seriously worried about what I would say if I won an Oscar and forgot to thank the right people, it will never ever happen...but if it did I'd probably forget to thank the right people.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
05-12-2016, 05:22 PM
flippin rookie sanding driver, sheesh.
you BACK down hills like that!
My FIL used to work for the county and told tales of backing up this gnarly hill very close to our house. It was the only way to do it.
05-12-2016, 05:50 PM
Once in awhile we get ice storms that come down the Columbia Gorge and since we're on the far east side of Portland we get nailed with ice. What I discovered is to never get in my car to go anywhere. Just stay home. Chains, snow tires, 4 wheel drive..nothing really works on ice. Walking in it isn't fun either. That's where golf shoes come in handy. I have a pair of ugly old golf shoes I got from the Goodwill with metal spikes on the bottom and it makes walking on the ice much easier. I can walk down the hill to the store on thick ice and not fall down.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
05-12-2016, 05:59 PM
I used to have an old Ford Bronco that I loved to drive on snowy days, but never on ice like this.
Even with the four wheel drive, you still can't stop.
05-12-2016, 07:26 PM
Yup the going is great, but the stopping evens up the skating rink er playing field. Smile
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post