So you still want to move to Canada, eh?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: So you still want to move to Canada, eh?
Hey, the term(s) "psychophant(s)" © is a copyright of the Fireball, and only may be used in a non-prophet way! Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2016, 03:43 PM
(05-12-2016 08:03 PM)yakherder Wrote:  More of the "Why worry about it when I can call the police?" variety.

Or perhaps, “Why worry about it when a survivalist like yakherder will be by soon?”.

So you do have a nice side and don’t shoot every stranger you meet, must be the holidays. Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
06-12-2016, 03:46 PM
(06-12-2016 03:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(05-12-2016 08:03 PM)yakherder Wrote:  More of the "Why worry about it when I can call the police?" variety.

Or perhaps, “Why worry about it when a survivalist like yakherder will be by soon?”.

So you do have a nice side and don’t shoot every stranger you meet, must be the holidays. Big Grin

I do my part when it's right in front of me. When I was in Montreal I was a volunteer English teacher for refugees. In Ottawa I'm going through the various training phases for volunteer search and rescue. I just don't allow myself to become emotionally attached to the outcome, especially as far as the bigger picture in concerned.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
07-12-2016, 09:19 AM
[Image: giphy.gif]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
07-12-2016, 09:25 AM
(06-12-2016 03:46 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 03:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Or perhaps, “Why worry about it when a survivalist like yakherder will be by soon?”.

I do my part when it's right in front of me. When I was in Montreal I was a volunteer English teacher for refugees. In Ottawa I'm going through the various training phases for volunteer search and rescue. I just don't allow myself to become emotionally attached to the outcome, especially as far as the bigger picture in concerned.
That's just healthy thinking. You like to play the borderline psycho, but really it is calculated self preservation. No, I won't tell anyone. Big Grin
I do what I can when I can, give it my best shot and then get on with what I was doing.
I felt empathy for the woman who rear ended my truck yesterday, and it cost me nothing to give her some kind words. Police came, and I was as polite and nice as I could be to everyone involved. No skin off my back as they say.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post