So your god is real, now what?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2012, 06:45 PM
RE: So your god is real, now what?
(14-02-2012 06:34 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(14-02-2012 04:03 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yes, I believe in a literal hell. Hell exists because God created imperfect beings. God created imperfect beings so that Jesus' purpose could be served.

Hold it.

So what you're saying is that rather than Jesus' sacrifice being a solution to the problem of sin, sin was created so Jesus had a reason to sacrifice himself?

When you have to justify a delusion, all kinds of things 'make sense'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-02-2012, 06:48 PM
(14-02-2012 02:24 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(14-02-2012 02:09 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  All right theists, your god is real why should i worship him/her/it?
Republicans are real, does that make supporting them the rational position?

This is going to be a short thread Big Grin

But anyway... ummm... well, I believe that you can't because it's not your choice. So, yeah... keep doing what you're doing?

Even if I could worship your God, I wouldn't want to. Angel
Find all posts by this user
14-02-2012, 07:38 PM
(14-02-2012 04:03 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(14-02-2012 02:58 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  alright then, btw KC
always wanted to ask you this without swimming through a sea of posts
do you believe in a literal hell? and if yes do you think it's all right for god to torture the majority of
people who ever lived for the minority? and doesn't that seem a bit evil to you?.

I like to equate it with people believing that hitler had the right to make the holocaust because the people he murdered were
living in his country, in which he was the leader.

Yes, I believe in a literal hell. Hell exists because God created imperfect beings. God created imperfect beings so that Jesus' purpose could be served.

So a perfect being intentionally created an imperfect being so that he could later take the form of an imperfect being to commit suicide.

So in other words, god loves the idea of suicide. I guess those mass suicide cults had it right all along.
15-02-2012, 03:49 AM
Wait what?

So god is perfect
And creates man in his image but man is imperfect
The reason god makes man imperfect is so he can fix this inherent flaw
To fix this error, god puts himself in one of his imperfect creations and gets the other creations to kill him to save the other creations from their own flaws, that where put there by him, so he could fix them by coming down and being killed by the flawed facsimiles of himself…

One of the flaws… Killing people

So he needs to be killed by faulty unit #4576 to convince the other units that they are all just as bad but that’s no longer a problem as unit #4576 and the rest have been forgiven for something that was part of their makeup and unchangeable due to it being a factory call back that was never actioned.

I see…

This, while saving everyone that sins/has flaws wont save everyone that sins/has flaws as some flaws are irreparable and the whole construct needs to be destroyed.
So he saved everybody except those he didn’t.
Those unsalvageable are incinerated

We don’t know what ones have the inspected tick and what ones are factory seconds with no warranty until the batteries go flat and we’re packed back to the great service centre in the sky.

“Hey we know you where feeding starving children and whatnot but you’re not on the list”
Vs.
“Weren’t you the bloke who posed as a merchant banker and swindled old pensioners out of their life savings? Here you are, here are your wings and in you go”

It all makes so much sense now.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
15-02-2012, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2012 02:27 PM by kingschosen.)
(14-02-2012 04:03 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yes, I believe in a literal hell. Hell exists because God created imperfect beings. God created imperfect beings so that Jesus' purpose could be served.

Hold it.

So what you're saying is that rather than Jesus' sacrifice being a solution to the problem of sin, sin was created so Jesus had a reason to sacrifice himself?

Yes.

The Bible said that God created evil. God created Satan. God created a sinful nature in humans. All for a purpose.
(15-02-2012 03:49 AM)Karl Wrote:  So god is perfect

Yes

Quote:And creates man in his image but man is imperfect

Yes

Quote:The reason god makes man imperfect is so he can fix this inherent flaw

No. It wasn't to fix the flaw. The flaw was created so that Jesus' purpose could be fulfilled.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
15-02-2012, 02:27 PM
(15-02-2012 02:23 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yes.

The Bible said that God created evil. God created Satan. God created a sinful nature in humans. All for a purpose.

I don't suppose there is any logical reason to do any of this (including sending Jesus down at all) other than personal amusement or some, as yet, undetermined reason?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
15-02-2012, 02:27 PM
(15-02-2012 02:23 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Hold it.

Yes.

You would have to be batshit bonkers for that to make sense....

I feel bad for you, I really do. After all, its not your fault you were brainwashed as a child.
15-02-2012, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2012 02:30 PM by kingschosen.)
(15-02-2012 02:27 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(15-02-2012 02:23 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yes.

I don't suppose there is any logical reason to do any of this (including sending Jesus down at all) other than personal amusement or some, as yet, undetermined reason?

I don't know His reasoning, mind, or will.
(15-02-2012 02:27 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  You would have to be batshit bonkers for that to make sense....

I feel bad for you, I really do. After all, its not your fault you were brainwashed as a child.

25 is a "child"?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
15-02-2012, 02:34 PM
(15-02-2012 02:29 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I don't know His reasoning, mind, or will.

Ok, so it's the case that you don't understand the logic but you trust that there is a reason for God's actions.

I think I'm beginning to understand.

And from some of your other posts I take it that you don't believe in free will, in that you think every thought, desire, action of every single person is pre-decided by God, we don't actually have control of our actions, it's just an illusion?

Am I right?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
15-02-2012, 02:41 PM
(14-02-2012 06:48 PM)Ben Wrote:  
(14-02-2012 02:24 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(14-02-2012 02:09 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  All right theists, your god is real why should i worship him/her/it?
Republicans are real, does that make supporting them the rational position?

This is going to be a short thread Big Grin

But anyway... ummm... well, I believe that you can't because it's not your choice. So, yeah... keep doing what you're doing?

Even if I could worship your God, I wouldn't want to. Angel

You wouldn't have a choice in the matter. Big Grin