Sobriety and Recovery

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2017, 10:58 PM
RE: Sobriety and Recovery
(01-03-2017 10:47 PM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  At least you have seen atheists encourage someone to take their own life. That's what they did to me and when I came here saying I was recovering from atheist abuse, I got ripped a new one.

I've seen another distraught theist being encouraged to take his own life. He was hysterical and making threats of self harm being egged on by atheists to go thru with it. Oh, but they're just assholes , right? NO.. that was an atrocity.

I guess reading your story about witnessing suicides kinda helps me realize how much of an impact that had on me. I"ve been so miserable since I became an atheist that I wish I could go back to being a stupid theist. I wish I had never met atheists.

Christians embrace signs of weakness cuz they think its thru those weaknesses that god's grace shines. It seems as if most atheists despise signs of weakness and just have a toughen up MF attitude. Grow up they say. How easy it is to say that and just walk away. No one takes the time to actually encourage me on *how* to do so. I don't know.. I see most atheists as being narcissists unable to have compassion and empathy. That would explain it. i'm sorry for making this about me.. but ii'm kinda shook up.

Very sorry to hear about your story but I (and I am an Atheist) wrote that post with the intention of helping others that may be dealing with a similar issue. I "personally" do not care what belief system you hold. If my story helps someone in need then that would be one of the better legacies I could leave behind. I'm certainly not ashamed that I am an Atheist. In fact I'm proud of the fact that I am. But I don't look down on others simply because they may not share the same views as I. We are all human and we all have needs. Hopefully something in my post was able to give you some form of relief. At least that is my hope.

I can not speak of the issues you brought up because I haven't witnessed it (at least not here). I have personally been shunned by many for my Atheism but so be it. If I can not be accepted as I am then I don't need those types of people in my life.

Here's to hoping you find some peace in yours.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2017, 12:50 AM
i edited my comment.. at least you have NOT seen other atheists encourage suicide.

I do remember once i had a patient die during my treatment. It made an impact on me and i felt so terrible. Maybe i shouldn't have been so gung ho with her. She threw an emboli and was gone. I can't imagine going thru what you did.

I've been clean from my DOC since july 2013. Rehab didn't work for me but 21 days in jail snapped me out of it. I do love the program and what a good fourth step did for me. I love to talk about recovery and such. Please message me anytime.
03-03-2017, 09:57 AM
As adults, I think we're all aware that acting out behavior is a somewhat instinctive cry for help. I often view troll behavior to encompass a small portion of truth - the troll's world is crumbling and they're taking everyone down with them.

I can't know what part of Geekgroupie's ramblings may or may not have been true - if any. Her rantings may have been manufactured and combined along with bits of her own life and other's, used for effect - for all we know.

True or not, this troll event can be viewed as a learning experience. Her behavior is very akin to the acting out I have seen from good people, trying to out-run their addictions.

I've been damaged and it's someone else's fault! Pretty much what I get from it. All too familiar - the proverbial broken record. No, I'm not an addict but I've been very close to the behavior - enough to know it when I see it.

At first, the disease can be very private but given time, the damage radiates outward and lives are overtaken. Months and often years are lost to it.

Compassion is an eggshell walk. How much can I say? How much honesty will they take before they run? When do I stop being nice and start going hard? How hard do I have to be to get them the help they may not even be ready to accept?

RearView - this is a good thread. It is very necessary for others to know the stories. It helps. I'm sorry this thread was invaded but I like to think some good can come from the wreckage. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
03-03-2017, 10:07 AM
(03-03-2017 09:57 AM)kim Wrote:  RearView - this is a good thread. It is very necessary for others to know the stories. It helps. I'm sorry this thread was invaded but I like to think some good can come from the wreckage. Shy

Me too. Which was the reason for the response that I replied back to him / her. I hope they can get the help they need.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post