Soccer Administration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: Soccer Administration
(30-05-2015 02:47 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(30-05-2015 02:44 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  In a mostly losing effort. Without American industry and supplies Europe would have already been under Nazi control by the time the general public's isolationist tendencies had been reversed. There is absolutely no uncertainty that the lend/lease policy followed by actual intervention is what swung that war.

The Soviets wouldn't have gotten to Berlin, but the Nazis were never getting as far as Moscow regardless.

Wasn't this thread about soccer?
Tongue

Britain would have fallen during the blitz . Having only a single front would have made a huge difference and with their industrial base now unmolested and most of Russian industry razed how long could they really be a legitimate threat? 1 year 2? Eventually Stalin's lack of caring about troops or civilians would eventually cause either an internal revolt or would have broken the spirit of the Russian forces. Either way eventually either they come to a stalemate or Russia falls eventually.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2015, 03:42 PM
[Image: optimized-maxW950-warcopycreativefinder.png]

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 2 users Like LostLegend's post
30-05-2015, 03:47 PM
I guy I used to work with - a real right-wing asshole - was opining one day about how the French owed us so much because without us they would be speaking German. I told him, without us, they'd be speaking Russian.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
30-05-2015, 03:51 PM
(30-05-2015 03:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-05-2015 02:47 PM)cjlr Wrote:  The Soviets wouldn't have gotten to Berlin, but the Nazis were never getting as far as Moscow regardless.

Wasn't this thread about soccer?
Tongue

Britain would have fallen during the blitz .

No chance. The blitz was dead by the winter of 1940.

(30-05-2015 03:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Having only a single front would have made a huge difference and with their industrial base now unmolested and most of Russian industry razed how long could they really be a legitimate threat? 1 year 2? Eventually Stalin's lack of caring about troops or civilians would eventually cause either an internal revolt or would have broken the spirit of the Russian forces. Either way eventually either they come to a stalemate or Russia falls eventually.

The UK - with the Commonwealth onboard - was beyond German reach. The battle of Britain was long since decided by the end of '41, before Pearl Harbor opened the floodgates of unrestricted US aid (prior to which much of it was directly paid for in cash - lend-lease was statistically significant only from '43 on and decisive only from '44 on). And the Nazis had been blunted and halted in the USSR; the battle of Moscow, too, was decisively won long before notable quantities of American aid reached the Soviet Union. Come 1946 there'd have been Tube Alloys induced artificial sunrise over Berlin regardless.

All of which is not to say anything so stupid as that American contributions didn't serve to alleviate an incredibly amount of human misery. But historically the Axis powers overperformed their expectation value, and were nonetheless doomed from the get-go.

I say again: wasn't this thread about soccer?

... this is my signature!
03-06-2015, 06:00 PM
1 Down how long before the rest topple?

-_- this is my shocked face that FIFA is corrupt. No really.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense