Social Justice Warrior???? I Call B.S.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2016, 02:28 AM
RE: Social Justice Warrior???? I Call B.S.
(23-09-2016 02:06 AM)ViolexTV Wrote:  It seems to come from that same brand of apathy that makes South Park so popular

Um. South Park I find to be... a very good thing. It forces people to look at things they'd probably rather not. By e.g. mocking racism with exaggerated racism or mocking creationism etc. It's been a while since I watched it, but it's damn funny stuff.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2016, 03:10 AM
Can I be a Social Justice Monk? I'd rather be DPS than a tank.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
23-09-2016, 05:19 AM
(23-09-2016 02:06 AM)ViolexTV Wrote:  "SJW" is mostly just a pejorative used by non-progressives to dismiss progressive opinions and activism outright. It seems to come from that same brand of apathy that makes South Park so popular - the idea that actually caring about issues is a sign of weakness - particularly if you're a male. It's seen as a form of emasculation ("cuck" is used similarly). It doesn't actually contribute to discussion. It's more of just internet troll nonsense used to try to get a rise out of people.

Most of us social justice minded folks who refer to ourselves as SJWs are doing so as a kind of joke. Since namecalling someone a "SJW" is a real easy way for people to dismiss points without actually addressing them, we might as well just get it out of the way to begin with.

Essentially applying the label to ourselves is basically saying, "Yeah, I guess I am a social justice warrior. But what's your point, exactly?"

Thanks.

#sigh
23-09-2016, 12:57 PM
(23-09-2016 02:06 AM)ViolexTV Wrote:  "SJW" is mostly just a pejorative used by non-progressives to dismiss progressive opinions and activism outright. It seems to come from that same brand of apathy that makes South Park so popular - the idea that actually caring about issues is a sign of weakness - particularly if you're a male. It's seen as a form of emasculation ("cuck" is used similarly). It doesn't actually contribute to discussion. It's more of just internet troll nonsense used to try to get a rise out of people.

Most of us social justice minded folks who refer to ourselves as SJWs are doing so as a kind of joke. Since namecalling someone a "SJW" is a real easy way for people to dismiss points without actually addressing them, we might as well just get it out of the way to begin with.

Essentially applying the label to ourselves is basically saying, "Yeah, I guess I am a social justice warrior. But what's your point, exactly?"
What a hypocrite you are. The sole purpose of your cringey YT videos is to get a rise out of people by ridiculing them and the issues they care about, misrepresenting their criticisms and being completely dismissive of the many legitimate issues that men face today like the misandristic little third-wave feminist that you are.

Exhibit A:

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
23-09-2016, 01:49 PM
(23-09-2016 12:57 PM)Vosur Wrote:  The sole purpose of your cringey YT videos is to get a rise out of people by ridiculing them and the issues they care about, misrepresenting their criticisms and being completely dismissive of the many legitimate issues that men face today like the misandristic little third-wave feminist that you are.

Not really the sole purpose or the purpose at all, but I guess if that's how you've interpreted them.

The one video you embedded is the only video where I'm being sarcastic. Yeah, I was poking fun of the general hate backlash to the Ghostbusters remake - particularly the comments sections on IMDB, Facebook, YouTube, etc. prior to the film's release.

But I'm not sure about your claim about misandry and being dismissive of men's issues. I recognize and am concerned with issues that tend to affect men, such as infant circumcision, custody battles, rigid gender roles etc. These are all things I take into consideration with my feminist beliefs.
[+] 1 user Likes ViolexTV's post
23-09-2016, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2016 02:47 PM by GirlyMan.)
(23-09-2016 12:57 PM)Vosur Wrote:  What a hypocrite you are. The sole purpose of your cringey YT videos is to get a rise out of people by ridiculing them and the issues they care about, misrepresenting their criticisms and being completely dismissive of the many legitimate issues that men face today like the misandristic little third-wave feminist that you are.

I grew up with Bella Abzug, Gloria Steinem, Shirley Chisholm, and Betty Friedan. Does that make me a first wave feminist? I wanna be a first wave feminist. And they were all married so not sure I would call them man haters. (Of course, it could be the case that they married precisely because they were man haters. Consider )

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-09-2016, 02:52 PM
(23-09-2016 12:57 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

What a hypocrite you are. The sole purpose of your cringey YT videos is to get a rise out of people by ridiculing them and the issues they care about, misrepresenting their criticisms and being completely dismissive of the many legitimate issues that men face today like the misandristic little third-wave feminist that you are.

Exhibit A:

Fucking hell...Laugh out load
23-09-2016, 03:05 PM
(23-09-2016 01:49 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  Not really the sole purpose or the purpose at all, but I guess if that's how you've interpreted them.

The one video you embedded is the only video where I'm being sarcastic. Yeah, I was poking fun of the general hate backlash to the Ghostbusters remake - particularly the comments sections on IMDB, Facebook, YouTube, etc. prior to the film's release.
So why not respond to the actual points of criticism people raised online rather than paint a caricature that is easy to dismiss? One of the most prominent criticisms was that the black woman they cast was the definition of the stereotype of a fat, obnoxious, loud-mouthed, uneducated black woman. I can't believe that you, of all people, would be okay with that.

(23-09-2016 01:49 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  But I'm not sure about your claim about misandry and being dismissive of men's issues. I recognize and am concerned with issues that tend to affect men, such as infant circumcision, custody battles, rigid gender roles etc. These are all things I take into consideration with my feminist beliefs.
In the linked video, you said "Now, I'm sensitive to and I know that women face a variety of issues like disproportionate levels of sexual assault, unequal pay and objectification but all of those pale in comparison to what men suffer: the recasting of Ghostbusters" along with numerous comments mocking the fact that nerd culture is largely made up of guys.

Come on now, does that sound to you like you take men's issues seriously? Can you see yourself not getting your panties in a bunch if someone was that dismissive of women's issues? I mean, kudos to you if you really do acknowledge the issues on both sides, but that video gave me a terrible first impression of what kind of feminist you are.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
23-09-2016, 03:16 PM
(22-09-2016 02:57 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Here's some more feel-good garbage that somebody churned out.....

Social Justice Warrior....

Are you fucking kidding me?????

Pretentious, egotistical, moronic, self-serving ass dribble.........

Anyone who calls themselves an"SJW" -- and isn't being ironic, or sarcastic - is an asswipe..............

"Social Justice"???? REALLY???? Who's???? Yours???? That's not "social justice" -- it's a fucking OPINION.......

Warrior???? FUCK OFF!!!!

A warrior is one who serves a leader -- they're not some random asshat with a big mouth.... A warrior has honor, has ethics and knows how to take orders........... A warrior isn't the guy setting policy..... There's only a couple of warriors on this forum - and they've got my respect.... They're easy to spot -- they wear a fucking uniform and answer to a guy with lots of stars on his hat........

An "SJW" in short - is some overbearing internet hack - who thinks his/her opinion is valid - simply because it's theirs -- and they think they're entitled to feel superior to everyone else - because they spout their "values" nonstop......

And that's just me -- this random asshole - giving MY opinion.......

Ya don't like it -- too fucking bad...........

Please...

A warrior is one who makes a living killing others for the control of farmable soil and other important resources. Anyone that makes that profession out to me more than what it is or calls themselves a warrior for any other excuse is just jacking off.

That said, someone who goes out of their way to let the world hear them scream about being warriors for the justice of society would very likely fall into this category.

Quote:...you can only be a special snowflake by being not only UNDER the blanket, but in the DEAD CENTER of the blanket, huffing the maximum atmospheric density of the tribe's farts. It's not activism, it's narcissism.

And an outsider can see this from a mile away, as the Special Snowflake involved will puff up like a frog at the first sign of an opposing view, no matter how correct or incorrect. Furthermore, the Special Snowflake's greatest wrath is reserved not for outsiders, but for those who are doing it wrong.

Another good "tell" for a Special Snowflake is whether or not they're there to defend That Other Guy. Example: Cultural appropriation. If someone laughs at the White trust fund baby wearing dreadlocks, well, that's the natural reaction to someone who LOOKS LIKE A DUMBASS. On the other hand, watching an equally White person go rigid with indignation and then erupt like Goddamn Mount Krakatoa over it is kind of patronizing, isn't it? You know, "Those People can't possibly stick up for themselves in a case like that, so I shall shoulder The White Man's Burden and do it for them". Which is not to say that you shouldn't slap down people who think saying "nigger" or "spic" at a family gathering is tolerable, mind you... But to install yourself as the guardian of someone else's cultural turf is damn near as bad as the yahoo at the family gathering, when you get right down to it.

Because you aren't really doing it for Those People, are you? No. You're doing it to show THEM and YOUR PEERS just exactly what a SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE you are. Same thing with the first two examples. You ARE communicating, but you're NOT communicating to people outside of your tribe, you're CLOSING DOWN ALL
COMMUNICATION to the outside, while bellowing your status to your tribe.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/...5282.0;wap

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
23-09-2016, 03:30 PM
(22-09-2016 05:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Where did that phrase even come from? I'd never heard it before coming here. And when I first saw it I thought it was an abbreviation for one of those dating ads: Single Jewish Woman.

Single Jewish Woman - Social Justice Warrior. Pretty much synonymous in my experience.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post