Social Justice Warrior???? I Call B.S.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2016, 03:44 PM
RE: Social Justice Warrior???? I Call B.S.
Drinking Beverage

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2016, 03:51 PM
(23-09-2016 01:49 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  I recognize and am concerned with issues that tend to affect men, such as infant circumcision, custody battles, rigid gender roles etc.

And low T and ED. Don't forget low T and ED.

#sigh
23-09-2016, 03:53 PM
(23-09-2016 03:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 01:49 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  I recognize and am concerned with issues that tend to affect men, such as infant circumcision, custody battles, rigid gender roles etc.

And stinky feet...

Heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
23-09-2016, 04:08 PM
(23-09-2016 03:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

tED talks?

Is there an ultimate justice warrior to take on the issues on the platform?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
23-09-2016, 09:56 PM
SJWs are pretty much spoiled brats who hate that the real world doesn't coddle to them.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
23-09-2016, 10:01 PM
I am also not terribly happy with the way that particular video of mine turned out. Believe me, it was mostly meant to be satire that I guess people have interpreted differently than I wanted. I'm sorry for that.

Particularly when discussing the women's issues thing and comparing mens issues, I was trying to draw up the idea that there are legitimate mens issues but the recasting of Ghostbusters is not one of them in the slightest. So I was attempting to say "of course, CLEARLY, Ghostbusters recasting is the biggest issue men face"

And as for the racist caricature thing, yep. I also found that to be kinda gross and weird. I didn't find the characterization as bad in the actual film than in the marketing. But still. I wasn't attempting to defend the film as a gold standard - I even said it was gonna be likely forgettable. I was only poking fun at the outlandish backlash to the film - specifically those that were based in "but they're girls!" complaints. I mean, if you weren't making that complaint, it wasn't aimed ay you. But it was aimed at that kind of juvenile sexism.
23-09-2016, 11:36 PM
(23-09-2016 10:01 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  I was only poking fun at the outlandish backlash to the film - specifically those that were based in "but they're girls!" complaints. I mean, if you weren't making that complaint, it wasn't aimed ay you. But it was aimed at that kind of juvenile sexism.

No the blacklash was it was sucky, and that they called anyone who didn't like the movie sexist. 3rd wave feminism Wink

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
23-09-2016, 11:48 PM
I mean a lot of people did have legitimate problems with the movie. And I mean whatever. You're allowed to like or dislike movies. But don't pretend like there wasn't sexist backlash. That's what I was referring to. Not just people who didn't enjoy the movie.

I'm guessing you're trying to make this some kind of "gotcha!" for "third wave feminism" but I think you're entirely misunderstanding my position.
23-09-2016, 11:53 PM
(23-09-2016 11:48 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  I mean a lot of people did have legitimate problems with the movie. And I mean whatever. You're allowed to like or dislike movies. But don't pretend like there wasn't sexist backlash. That's what I was referring to. Not just people who didn't enjoy the movie.

So little backlash that it wasn't even worth bringing up. Hell if there was sexist backlash(or at least enough for it to be the main problem) then I would agree.

(23-09-2016 11:48 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  I'm guessing you're trying to make this some kind of "gotcha!" for "third wave feminism" but I think you're entirely misunderstanding my position.

I just like playing around. It's easy Smile, but I do think third wave feminism is cancer.

24-09-2016, 02:46 AM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2016 03:04 AM by EvolutionKills.)
All things considered, it looks like it is a pretty decent movie.

Midnight's Edge is of the opinion that, while there certainly was a small contingent of misogynist assholes attacking the movie, it was all too easy for SONY to lump together anyone being critical of the movie under that same label and dismiss them all as "angry man-children". That makes for both an easy marketing win and a convenient criticism dodge.

I mean, if Republicans can pander to right wing religious fundamentalist for it's own benefit, why can't a multi-national profit driven corporation do the same?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post